[1.0] A RimWorld of Magic

Started by Torann, November 24, 2017, 11:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan2607

About the Mentor Magic autocast, could you make it that way that a mentoring mage will not try to train a mage that has a higher level than the mentor? Because that's wasting time...

PreDiabetic

Could not resolve cross-reference: No RimWorld.LifeStageDef named SkeletonFullyFormed found to give to Verse.LifeStageAge Verse.LifeStageAge

Failed to find any texture while constructing Multi(initPath=Things/Pawn/Skeleton/Skeleton_Hero, color=RGBA(1.000, 1.000, 1.000, 1.000), colorTwo=RGBA(1.000, 1.000, 1.000, 1.000)). Filenames have changed; if you are converting an old mod, recommend renaming textures from *_back to *_north, *_side to *_east, and *_front to *_south.

This happens when I try to upgrade from 2.2.6.1. [2.2.6.1 works fine]

Canute

do you use maybe the skeleton army mod ?
Because i don't think Skeleton_Hero are part of Rim of Magic.

Jernfalk

Quote from: Canute on November 08, 2018, 01:58:09 PM
do you use maybe the skeleton army mod ?
Because i don't think Skeleton_Hero are part of Rim of Magic.
Quote from: PreDiabetic on November 08, 2018, 11:54:56 AM
Could not resolve cross-reference: No RimWorld.LifeStageDef named SkeletonFullyFormed found to give to Verse.LifeStageAge Verse.LifeStageAge
Failed to find any texture while constructing Multi(initPath=Things/Pawn/Skeleton/Skeleton_Hero, color=RGBA(1.000, 1.000, 1.000, 1.000), colorTwo=RGBA(1.000, 1.000, 1.000, 1.000)). Filenames have changed; if you are converting an old mod, recommend renaming textures from *_back to *_north, *_side to *_east, and *_front to *_south.
That would be my Skeletal Legion mod. However, my mod isn't displaying that error. Either something is conflicting between the mods or Torann uploaded a WIP of the colab we plan on doing. If it turns out to be anything on my end, I'll do my best to fix.

Torann

Quote from: PreDiabetic on November 08, 2018, 11:54:56 AM

This was my fault, it looks like I accidentally included some WIP/test stuff for Skeletal Legion.  I've removed the 2.2.6.3 file from modDB since that's the one that has the bad reference in it.  I'll upload a fixed version later tonight with the completed compatibility updates for SL.

wrathofdog

Couple thoughts after playing with this mod for a while:

-Gladiator's Grapple ability seems to have a shorter range at level 3 than it does at level 2, at least according to the description.

-Undead minions carry food around, though they never eat it.  I found that setting their food restriction to "none" stopped this, though.  Not sure if it's possible to make that their default setting, but it would stop them from toting around all your insect jelly.

-Similarly, Rimworld pawns undraft themselves if left drafted too long, so that the they don't starve to death.  Not sure if it's possible, but it might be neat to disable this on undead minions.  You could have them stand at eternal vigil somewhere this way.

Amazing mod btw.  Loving the technomancer.

Torann

Quote from: wrathofdog on November 09, 2018, 12:58:41 AM
-Similarly, Rimworld pawns undraft themselves if left drafted too long, so that the they don't starve to death.  Not sure if it's possible, but it might be neat to disable this on undead minions.  You could have them stand at eternal vigil somewhere this way.
Eternal vigil... dang, and I thought I had a cruel side...

Torann

Updated mod to v2.2.7.0

**Undead and Skeletal Legion update**
    • Undead will now appear more -undead-
      - pawns raised as undead will assume either their rotting or desiccated bodies
      - rotting will not stop for raised undead and they will eventually deteriorate until they appear desiccated
      - corpses raised that are already rotten or desiccated will retain their level of rot

• Compatibility has been added for the Skeletal Legion mod by Jernfalk: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=46598.0
      - Skeleton Legion creatures are considered "undead" for purposes of RimWorld of Magic spells and abilities
      - these creatures can be raised as undead by a necromancer

• Tweaks:
      - healing spells will now harm the undead instead of heal them, this includes Jecrells "Vampires" as well as Jernfalk's "Skeletal Legion"
      - 'light' based attacks (which includes healing spells) will have a chance to deal bonus damage to the unliving
      - undead will always 'die' when downed - lichs and vampires are excluded from this behavior
      - Autocast Magic and Fighter mentoring (Teach) will no longer select pawns of higher XP levels than the casters

IHateRegistering

But will a Lich also appear as a spoopy skellington?

Torann

Quote from: IHateRegistering on November 09, 2018, 01:23:25 AM
But will a Lich also appear as a spoopy skellington?
No, the lich (which will in most cases have recently become a lich) will continue to appear as a standard colonist.

Although.... there's a high likelihood that the skeletal legion has lichs hiding somewhere to spawn all those nasty skellies....

NeoSono

Hey, still love the mod and thanks again for your great work. Now to my question, is there any particular reason the technomancer can't learn blink? Im in the process of giving every mage in my colony blink for the easy xp, but somehow the technomancer I have on the offensive line can't learn blink.

Torann

Quote from: NeoSono on November 09, 2018, 07:44:40 AM
Hey, still love the mod and thanks again for your great work. Now to my question, is there any particular reason the technomancer can't learn blink? Im in the process of giving every mage in my colony blink for the easy xp, but somehow the technomancer I have on the offensive line can't learn blink.
I just tested this and had no issues with technomancer learning and retaining blink through save/load etc.  If they fail to read the scroll it should generate an error either telling you the pawn isn't a mage or that the spell can't be applied - are you getting either of those messages or another error that might explain why your technomancer can't learn blink?

TheJinx

Speaking of a spell a class can't learn paladjn can't learn cauterize wound for some reason I don't believe they're like psionic with them still being a fighter with magic since I had them learn other spells like magical heater etc. Tbh might've been a balance thing? So priest would still be vital something along the lines of that.
Also pretty hyped for death knight I love necromancy stuff used to play a lot of warcraft 3 when I was younger

TheJinx

In on my phone and I type with my fat thumbs and it probably doesn't help that I have my brightness all the way down sorry if what I said looks fucked. ;(

Jecmenn

There's some kind of conflict with Rimsenal mods (clothing and/or weapons). When i have Rimsenal mods enabled, i can't cast any targeting spell, only can cast spells like blink.