[1.0] A RimWorld of Magic

Started by Torann, November 24, 2017, 11:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

You can still use the Developer tool "Destroy".
It destroy anything on the tile you click.

Torann,
could you please try to find a way to let NPCs use the magic abilities ? This is just for balancing, when you colony got 2-3 magic it is a huge advance against any a raid.
So it is just fair that these raids should have at last 1-2 magic user which use their abilities more or less accurate too.

Toketsu

Quote from: billyma6 on January 06, 2018, 03:23:04 AM
Quote from: Torann on January 06, 2018, 01:56:42 AM
Quote from: billyma6 on January 05, 2018, 11:27:19 PM
Hey, I started playing with the necromancers, and I discovered if you set a corpse to explode then consume that corpse, it bugs out like this.

So you set a corpse to explode, then consumed it...?  I'm going to make it so that if a necro consumes an exploding corpse, itll make the necro explode.   :o

Hey, all in the name of SCIENCE!    ;D

Edit: also, help me how do i get rid of it it keeps giving me all these pesky errors every tick
If it isn't getting destroyed no matter what you do, when the log is open, toggle "auto-open" so you won't get the log to come up every tick, and will only open manually.

RyanRim

Oh dear, the new update turned RimWorld into Neverwinter. Hell yeah. BUT IM STILL WAITING ON MY GIFTED PAWNS.

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

Torann

Hey, I started playing with the necromancers, and I discovered if you set a corpse to explode then consume that corpse, it bugs out like this.
It doesn't go away, even with the Destroy action, so I'm stuck with it in my world.
I've fixed the issue with the exploding of destroyed corpses  and uploaded as v1.6.2.  Let me know if you still get the error after updating.

billyma6

Quote from: Torann on January 06, 2018, 11:54:41 AM
It doesn't go away, even with the Destroy action, so I'm stuck with it in my world.
I've fixed the issue with the exploding of destroyed corpses  and uploaded as v1.6.2.  Let me know if you still get the error after updating.

K, thanks.  :)
Edit: Yep, that did the trick. Thanks Torann!
Also aww, I would've loved to see necros actually exploding if they did consume an exploding corpse...

Edit2:
Quote from: Canute on January 06, 2018, 04:07:22 AM
Torann,
could you please try to find a way to let NPCs use the magic abilities ? This is just for balancing, when you colony got 2-3 magic it is a huge advance against any a raid.
So it is just fair that these raids should have at last 1-2 magic user which use their abilities more or less accurate too.
I agree, it's quite a big advantage, even with the micromanagement part. How do you plan on implementing this? (I'm curious don't judge meh  ;D)

SzaryKaptur

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at TorannMagic.Need_Mana.GainNeed (Single amount) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at TorannMagic.Need_Mana.NeedInterval () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Pawn_NeedsTracker.NeedsTrackerTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Planet.WorldPawns.WorldPawnsTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Planet.World.WorldTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

It won't let me cook and eat meals.

Sarge

Torann,

This please, else this mod is just too OP.

henk

Rimworld logic :

Caravan request for Seed of Regrowth x7640
Reward : Mage Spell: Teleport

I'll get right on that, buddy.

Toketsu

Quote from: henk on January 07, 2018, 05:21:32 PM
Rimworld logic :

Lmfao. Good luck, tell us the results!

RyanRim

Quote from: henk on January 07, 2018, 05:21:32 PM
Rimworld logic :

A colony asked me for 6000 carrots for fire scroll. As a carrot farmer, I had them ready. Hooray. Now I have 3 fire scrolls, and  STILL NO GIFTED PAWNS.

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

Jackalvin

Some class ideas?
Warlord (Stamina)-
The Warlord is a team player. They're a damage dealer & a support.
Passive: Intimidating presence
Makes allies have better threshold. Makes enemies threshold worse.
Abillities
Commanding Strike: When activated, the next hit on a raider will increase the damage done by half
Stunning Hit: Stuns
Battle cry: Increases movement and manipulation in a radius to allies.
Master Spell
Avatar of War: Gain dodge chance and ability cool down rate
-Insert Witty Joke Here-

henk

Quote from: Toketsu on January 08, 2018, 03:26:31 AM

It's physically impossible to get that many seeds. Seeds require mana to get, and they don't stack. Also, they require refrigeration.

I guess seeds should have a price even if they can't be traded...

Toketsu

Quote from: henk on January 08, 2018, 10:59:37 AM
Quote from: Toketsu on January 08, 2018, 03:26:31 AM

It's physically impossible to get that many seeds. Seeds require mana to get, and they don't stack. Also, they require refrigeration.
I'm fully aware of all this. You should have made an interesting mini story on the subject >->

RyanRim

Quote from: Jackalvin on January 08, 2018, 10:32:20 AM
Some class ideas?
Warlord (Stamina)-
Passive: Intimidating presence
Makes allies have better threshold. Makes enemies threshold worse.
Abillities
Commanding Strike: When activated, the next hit on a raider will increase the damage done by half
Stunning Hit: Stuns
Battle cry: Increases movement and manipulation in a radius to allies.
Master Spell
Avatar of War: Gain dodge chance and ability cool down rate

Very nice, something like Paladin in vanilla WoW. The Intimidating Presence, thumbs up. I guess by threshold you mean cover, which is very useful.

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

Torann

Quote from: Toketsu on January 03, 2018, 01:09:33 PM
Cursed Mage (mana) (you get this class directly, instead of having the ability to choose and buy a book for it) (like Hexhunter, this class shouldn't be added until the AI can use magic)
I think we'll need to see how dangerous AI are with magic before evaluating the need for 'anti-magic' classes.  I suspect that some mages will be quite devastating while others will be much less so (think difference between lightning mage and druid).  But since I'm still working on this, it's yet to be determined, but I appreciate the ideas.

Quote from: Toketsu
Arcane Shield
I like the idea of mana shield and think this is a spell type that would be great as a stand-alone for any mage type.  This is a bit different and I'd need to look into how some other mods implement options from the toolbar.  I think run-n-gun does something like this, so I might look at that.  Something to consider down the line.

Arcane Bionics
Other than the regrow-limb spell, I think I'm going to stay away from body parts.  Other mods do a great job and have balanced bionics and body parts.  I'm hoping craftable arcane items should fill the bill for the type of magic enhancement effects you're suggesting.

...will sell "obscure scrolls" for a relatively lower price than normal scrolls...
I actually added something similar to this in the last update, which included torn scripts and the ability to learn spells that weren't discovered from the torn script.  The new tome is about 60% of the cost of a torn script, and grants the pawn a random magic class with a random set of skills assigned to that class.  So you don't know what you'll get, but it's certainly less expensive.

Torann,
could you please try to find a way to let NPCs use the magic abilities ?
Yes, I agree that this would add to the mod and help restore difficulty balance.  This has been on my list of things to add for awhile, but I've bumped it up to the highest priority and I'm working on it for the next update.
If possible, I'd like to also include some limited 'auto cast' options to help reduce some of the micro management of the mod.  It hasn't been so difficult to get pawns to use abilities, but it's quite another thing to get pawns to use abilities intelligently.

Quote from: Jackalvin on January 08, 2018, 10:32:20 AM
Some class ideas?
Warlord (Stamina)
I like the class idea and definitely need some more good ideas's for stamina based classes - looks like a good support class with a lot of passives and group enhancements and would fill a nice niche.