[1.0] A RimWorld of Magic

Started by Torann, November 24, 2017, 11:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarge

Quote from: Canute on January 25, 2018, 06:14:26 AM
Hmmm, undead don't mean dumb. Vampire are undead too.
But in this case they are reanimated, but since they nearly got the power of their living live, sure why not social interactions.

It actually is a legitimate problem because their upkeep is dependent on the summoner's mana. Something as simple as a mana drain occurrence and you have a pawn in state of tantrums and depression for 2 seasons because he/she can't get anymore necrophiliac action.

Also, it's just "wrong wrong wrong"  ;)

billyma6

Hey, anyone know the exact range of the portals? I made a separate settlement on the other side of the planet just to test that, but it appears I can't even teleport there because it's "beyond maximum range". In my opinion, the gateway spell and the portal shouldn't even have a max range since the player IS bending spacetime and creating holes in the fabric of reality, so in that case distance shouldn't be an issue.

Torann

Agreed, and it was set to 250 map tiles.  I'll bump it up to extend across even large maps.

Jan2607

Did you reduce the number of spells the mages will start with?

billyma6

Quote from: Torann on January 26, 2018, 03:33:48 PM
bump it up to extend across even large maps

By "large maps" you mean the whole planet right?

Torann

Quote from: Jan2607 on January 26, 2018, 05:53:07 PM
Did you reduce the number of spells the mages will start with?
Yes.  It now randomly assigns the starting spells.  If your pawn didn't get a spell when they became a mage then you need to 'learn' the spell.  All class spells can be learned via the magic tab and cost between 1-3 ability points depending on the power of the spell.  The 'learn' button will show up next to the spell icon when you have enough ability points.

v1.7.6
Change to the default behavior when assigning abilities. In previous versions, all class abilities would be assigned unless using a torn script to learn an advanced trait. Now, abilities are assigned in a random nature when a pawn is given a trait. This affects all preparatory character creation and mods such as EDB Prepare Carefully and Android printing. Advancing from precursor traits (magically gifted, physically adept) to advanced traits via use a a full arcane script will always assign all class abilities.

QuoteBy "large maps" you mean the whole planet right?
Yes

blizzardwolf420

if anyone still has issues with the "master" spell for arcane. 1 research portal, 2 build portal, 3 activate portal ( with an arcane mage that knows the spell) , 4 then charge portal ( with any mage) , then  do steps one thru 4 for the place you want to teleport too. and by "portal" i mean gateway then ??? followed by profit.  you need a gateway in both areas to work
also torran I noticed trees can grow in the area  ( also plants and other things) of the portal is at and (disrupt)  the spell so also keep that in mind people.

billyma6

Quote from: blizzardwolf420 on January 26, 2018, 08:25:08 PM
also torran I noticed trees can grow in the area  ( also plants and other things) of the portal is at and (disrupt)  the spell
that's why I paved the ground in rainbow colours beforehand  ;D

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: blizzardwolf420 on January 26, 2018, 08:25:08 PM
and by "portal" i mean gateway then ??? followed by profit.  you need a gateway in both areas to work

Please don't say one thing and mean another. That is the whole reason for the confusion in the first place. If you use words interchangeably like that, then the whole point of explaining the differences is distorted and people get easily confused (like myself.)

I thought portal and gateway are separate, but to you they are different and the same thing, at the same time! Shrödinger's spells!

Torann

Small update to v1.7.8, I think most of these are improvements based on feedback and suggestions

- Portals can now transfer pets - pets must be in the stockpile zone and can be transported using "transport items" option

- Disabling Shot (sniper) and Grapple (gladiator) will now cause instant hostility between factions

- Snipers must now have advanced (industrial+) weaponry equipped in order to use most of their skills

- New Event: Elemental Assault; this challenging event triggers during the late game and involves hordes of elementals storming your base!  Or can... it's kind of random.

- Added a series of thoughts and social behaviors involving Undead; living colonists will now be much less likely to "befriend" one of the undead and generally won't want to be around them.  This should prevent most colonists from wanting to form a relationship with an undead, but it doesn't prevent it...

- Added a series of thoughts and social behaviors between Necromancers, Druids, and Paladins

- Valiant Charge should no longer destroy a pawn if the explosion triggers an exception

- Portals (and the Gateway spell) are now be able to connect to any global map tile, even on the largest maps

HerrColonel

Quote from: Canute on January 24, 2018, 06:14:12 PM
With this errors it don't work. And since you said you installed the latest jecstool i have no clue.
Since it isn't much work, just delete jecstools and TMagic folder and unzip them again, except you allways delete the mod-folder before you update a mod.
Against all odds, I finally made my portals work! I tried just reinstalling TMagic and JecsTools but it didn't fix. I re-made my game installation with steam and redownloaded the mods there for easier updates and surprisingly that made it work. I can even keep my current save where my magic pawn already have experience and skill points so that's a relief the fun can continue for me.

I still have a question since I didn't use the portal for a practical task yet: What is the Port-fuel the mage loaded the portal with? Did he created that out of his mana pool?

I'm going to keep experiment with other magic users and I'll report there if I encounter any bugs

Harry_Dicks

Even with the new version I have a JecsTools.dll in my assemblies folder. It is not supposed to be there, correct? We should remove this?

Canute

Quote from: HerrColonel on January 27, 2018, 08:41:15 AM
I still have a question since I didn't use the portal for a practical task yet: What is the Port-fuel the mage loaded the portal with? Did he created that out of his mana pool?
Yes, the port-fuel get auto. generated when the mage cast the spell. Enough to refuel the portal to max.
I think this is a workaround because he can't spawn full fueled transport pods.

Torann

Quote from: Canute on January 27, 2018, 09:53:31 AM
Quote from: HerrColonel on January 27, 2018, 08:41:15 AM
Yes, the port-fuel get auto. generated when the mage cast the spell. Enough to refuel the portal to max.
I think this is a workaround because he can't spawn full fueled transport pods.
I just changed this, it no longer generates portfuel and simply fuels the teleporter. 

Torann

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 27, 2018, 09:15:52 AM
Even with the new version I have a JecsTools.dll in my assemblies folder. It is not supposed to be there, correct? We should remove this?
I figured out why this was showing up and it won't be included in future updates.  And yes, I recommend removing it (though it shouldn't cause any issues either way).