[1.1] Giddy-up!

Started by Roolo, December 01, 2017, 04:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

asquirrel

Roolo

Quote from: asquirrel on January 02, 2018, 02:56:35 PM
Your giddy up mod has thrown me into the mud.
https://gist.github.com/7bd0d896b2fdaf34885d63560adf62c3

Whoops, I already fixed this issue, but apparently I didn't update the release properly on GitHub. I fixed the release now and if you re-download the latest version of Giddy-up! Caravan, the issue should be fixed.

asquirrel

That fixed it man! :)  I had initially disabled simple sidearms (looked like it was referencing sidearms on mounts).  Problem disappeared.  Then I moved simple sidearms to the bottom of my load list and the error went away. So I just updated your mod and moved simple sidearms back to where it was.  Everything is still fine. :)

Vlad0mi3r

Just wanted to share Ahri riding a muffalo surrounded by his attack boars.

Roolo without you this level of awesomeness would not be possible.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

asquirrel

Hey Rolo! 

Something weird happened today with your mod.  I had an enemy riding a dinosaur at me (looked like an Ankylosaurus but it wasn't).  Running the Dinosauria mod.  So I killed the guy and his mount disappeared.  Like poof, gone disappeared.  What's supposed to happen to the mount when the rider is shredded to death by gunfire?

Vlad0mi3r

Quote from: asquirrel on January 03, 2018, 01:18:54 AM
Hey Rolo! 

Something weird happened today with your mod.  I had an enemy riding a dinosaur at me (looked like an Ankylosaurus but it wasn't).  Running the Dinosauria mod.  So I killed the guy and his mount disappeared.  Like poof, gone disappeared.  What's supposed to happen to the mount when the rider is shredded to death by gunfire?

I had the same happening with traps. Guy rode in on his boar took out like 5 traps and then disappeared.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

Roolo

Thanks for reporting that issue, I thought I had it fixed but apparently not. I'm working on a new fix now.

Edit: what's supposed to happen is that the animal turns into a wild animal so it can be hunted or tamed

Canute

Yes wild animal, with the queue to leave the map to return to his family/stable.

Roolo

Giddy-up! Core is updated to v18.5.1
- Fixed issue involving enemies'/visitors' animals being despawned if their rider is killed instantly
- Fixed error being thrown when pawns are dismounted when they are undrafted

This fixes the issue reported by asquirrel and Vlad0mi3r

Roolo

I just found out I screwed up with the update of Giddy-up! Core I posted this afternoon as it breaks Giddy-up Caravan. Unfortunately this is just after I left home for a few days. I'm installing my development tools at the place I am now, but the internet connection is dreadfully slow, so it'll take a while.

Thanks in advance for the patience, In the meanwhile you can still use Giddy-up Core v18.5.0.

Edit: this is fixed now in Giddy-up Core v18.5.2.

kubolek01

Now let us travel on mounts everyday, going off only to work ;)
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

Roolo

I released a hotfix for Giddy-up Core(v18.5.2):
- Fixed the problem introduced in v18.5.1 that caused Giddy-up! Caravan not to work properly.

Quote from: kubolek01 on January 03, 2018, 01:16:51 PM
Now let us travel on mounts everyday, going off only to work ;)

Would be cool but I'd rather make it how you would use mounts in real life, so only if the destination far away enough to make up for the effort to mount. And also only when riding to the destination is actually faster than walking. And of couse it'll take me a while to implement it.

Madman666

Quote from: Roolo on January 03, 2018, 01:37:52 PM
Would be cool but I'd rather make it how you would use mounts in real life, so only if the destination far away enough to make up for the effort to mount. And also only when riding to the destination is actually faster than walking. And of couse it'll take me a while to implement it.

I wonder, how hard it will be to implement it in such a way, that AI will analyze and consider if its faster on foot or on a mount, without overloading CPU with excess calculations?

I mean having about 20 colonists and each of them will try and decide if he should use a mount or not before doing every job - that has to put a lot of pressure on the stone. Probably limiting such calculation only specific job types like mining and hunting... Then again hauling across the map needs to happen too. Interesting.

Roolo

Quote from: Madman666 on January 03, 2018, 02:28:55 PM
Quote from: Roolo on January 03, 2018, 01:37:52 PM

I wonder, how hard it will be to implement it in such a way, that AI will analyze and consider if its faster on foot or on a mount, without overloading CPU with excess calculations?

I mean having about 20 colonists and each of them will try and decide if he should use a mount or not before doing every job - that has to put a lot of pressure on the stone. Probably limiting such calculation only specific job types like mining and hunting... Then again hauling across the map needs to happen too. Interesting.

I'll have to test this first to confirm this, but my assumption is the following. The pathfinding is the most expensive calculation I expect. However I can hopefully just use the already calculated pathfinding data to extract some distance metric. Calculating what way of traveling is faster given such a metric is computationally very cheap. If I besides this make sure that checks using this distance are not called too often, I think the CPU overhead can be neglectable. However, I can only be sure of this after testing. So no promises that it'll work

Madman666

Quote from: Roolo on January 03, 2018, 02:41:24 PM
I'll have to test this first to confirm this, but my assumption is the following. The pathfinding is the most expensive calculation I expect. However I can hopefully just use the already calculated pathfinding data to extract some distance metric. Calculating what way of traveling is faster given such a metric is computationally very cheap. If I besides this make sure that checks using this distance are not called too often, I think the CPU overhead can be neglectable. However, I can only be sure of this after testing. So no promises that it'll work

I wish you luck then. That indeed sounds very plausible, if you use results of calculations that already happen anyway. Will this automatically also take into account how much time it will take for a pawn to get to the mount, when that decision is made?