[1.2] Expanded Woodworking (Revived) (2020-11-28)

Started by Spaceman, December 15, 2017, 04:08:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

lucasfoda1415

bridges not funcionality on this mod :( i dont speak english very well bridges requires normal wood

Dr_Zhivago

Quote from: lucasfoda1415 on April 25, 2019, 04:57:35 PM
bridges not funcionality on this mod :( i dont speak english very well bridges requires normal wood

Vanilla bridges are buildable and function just fine. They require lumber.

Canute

Advanced Bridges mod work's fine too.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=46165.msg439103#msg439103
I can build all kind of bridges with different lumber.

Spaceman

UPDATE NOTICE:
Expanded Woodworking (& VGP)

• Added mass statFactor for logs and lumbers for better Combat Extended compatibility. (Thanks to Jinlan for the EW part!)
  • Fixed make any lumber stockpile selection error. (Includes updates to source files and assembly.)
  • Separated out Rim of Madness - Bones alterations into its own patch, so it can be easily removed if unwanted.

Ozymandias

Using the TropiCKAPP biome mod, the trees are dropping mixed lumber instead of logs. I'm not sure if this is a bug or intentional. Anyone know what could be causing this?

Canute

Because TropiCKAPP add new tree's and this mod only patch vanilla tree's.

DiamondGrace

Hi. The cases in "/stuffProps/stuffAdjective" for Russian localization were incorrect, I fixed them.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1thsIjmo3_Kha3qvtGk6ygUfURssMBVvx

And what about introducing a synthetic tree made of fabric into the game? Useful for desert binome...

Spaceman

Quote from: Ozymandias on October 05, 2019, 01:53:32 PM
Using the TropiCKAPP biome mod, the trees are dropping mixed lumber instead of logs. I'm not sure if this is a bug or intentional. Anyone know what could be causing this?

As mentioned, I haven't added a compatibility patch specifically for it. Primarily because there were some problems I ran into before. Taking another look at it, I may reconsider my previous decision.

Quote from: Canute on October 05, 2019, 02:11:52 PM
Because TropiCKAPP add new tree's and this mod only patch vanilla tree's.

Plus trees from: Lord of the Rims project, Nature's Pretty Sweet, Realistic Planets, Zen Garden, and Vegetable Garden Project (with the additional separate patch).

Quote from: DiamondGrace on October 06, 2019, 01:27:30 PM
Hi. The cases in "/stuffProps/stuffAdjective" for Russian localization were incorrect, I fixed them.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1thsIjmo3_Kha3qvtGk6ygUfURssMBVvx

And what about introducing a synthetic tree made of fabric into the game? Useful for desert biome...

Thanks for the fix! I feel like adding trees goes beyond the scope of this mod, so probably not.

Spaceman

UPDATE NOTICE:

• Advanced Biomes patch
  • Nature's Pretty Sweet revamp for the name of defs for logs, lumber, and recipes
  • Patch (UniMedical) for prosthetics from EPOE and MSE
  • Extended correct mass statFactor when using CE to logs and lumber added by my patches for other mods
  • Fixed Acacia mass statFactor not applying when using VGP and CE
  • Fixed CE patch operations not applying because CE patch was loaded before other mod patches were loaded
  • Cleaned-up a few patch operations
  • Updated Russian localisation (by DiamondGrace}

For current Nature's Pretty Sweet users, your currently used recipes for Baobab, Ghost Gum, Hazelnut, and Redwood lumber in the woodworking table will switch to converting each of the deprecated lumber into the new lumber. Use the new recipes if you want to make more lumber. I've also added recipes that convert the deprecated logs into the new logs that you can also use. Note that these conversion recipes are temporary and will be removed in a later release, so please delete them from the woodworking table either before or after conversion of your logs and lumber is complete. I have mentioned this within the descriptions of the recipes as well. I will post a warning on the forums and steam comments before I remove them. If someone knows an easier way to convert things from one def into another without breaking saves, please let me know.

Dr_Zhivago

As far as I know Spaceman, new defNames are always destructive. It shouldn't destroy the save, but a lot of items will destructively disappear depending on what you change.

Spaceman

Quote from: Dr_Zhivago on November 26, 2019, 12:40:57 AM
As far as I know Spaceman, new defNames are always destructive. It shouldn't destroy the save, but a lot of items will destructively disappear depending on what you change.
That's what I have known and experienced as well. Primarily asked to see if I had missed anything when looking. Usually, I save such changes for major game version updates, but I don't expect more to occur. Thanks for confirming my thoughts on it, though.

Topper

Spaceman

Quote from: Topper on February 29, 2020, 09:05:13 PM
Is it possible to update this to 1.1 ?

The update is in progress. Pre-release available on GitHub for ExpWood and ExpWoodVGP.

Edit: For those who stumble across this, the update to 1.1 will not guarantee compatibility for 1.0 save games using EW in 1.1, but as usual should be fine for existing 1.0 or 1.1 save games.

Spaceman

UPDATE NOTICE:

• Assembly file update
  • Folder structure separating versions 1.0 and 1.1 of Rimworld
  • Add package Id: Adventurer.ExpandWoodwork for base mod and Adventurer.ExpandWoodworkVGP for VGP add-on and updated About.xml to work with the Auto-sort button
  • Modifications to log and lumber bases, workbenches, and wall to bring in-line with 1.1
  • Changed def WoodLog_Saguaro to WoodLog_Succulent in 1.1
  • Label for wood types is now 'wood logs' instead of 'wood types'
  • Support for the compost barrel from Rainbeau's Fertile Fields
  • Updated Bamboo and Ironwood stats in 1.1
  • Changed def LumberIronwood to VG_LumberIronwood in 1.1
  • VGP Garden Fabric patch to allow Tier 1 loom table to be made out of logs as well in 1.1
  • Optional Dyes barrel patch for VGP Garden Dyes in 1.1 (requires user to uncomment patch to use)
  • Fixed wood log base and pila patching for CE to be more similar to newer CE version in 1.0 (Thanks to Jinlan for base edits)
  • Fixed errors relating to outdoor penalty change with workbenches and of UnskilledLaborSpeed to GeneralLaborSpeed with recipes in 1.1
  • Fixed and updated Vanilla patches and mod patches in 1.1. Included only those in which the respective mod is updated to 1.1
  • Fixed VGP Garden Drinks patch to modify the drinks table to no longer require mixed lumber for a general increase in cost in 1.1
  • Fixed VGP Garden Tools patch to include bulk compost as well in 1.1

This update is both an update to the 1.0 version and the first release of the 1.1 version. I have bolded those changes above which will likely cause some errors if bringing a save over from 1.0 to 1.1, so you do so at your own risk of the consequences. I recommend referring to this list for knowing what mod patches were updated to 1.1 with this release.

In addition, for Nature's Pretty Sweet users, the added recipes and deprecated log/lumber defs mentioned in the previous post do not exist in 1.1 (but do still exist if using 1.0). Only the new defs remain in 1.1, so I caution using the same save in 1.1 that you were using in 1.0 if you haven't converted your logs and lumber yet. Zen Garden users will also have some problems due to changes in name of defs.

Regardless, I recommend using an existing or new 1.1/1.0 save rather than bringing a save from 1.0 to 1.1 with this update.