[MOD] (Alpha 7) TTM[Custom Events] v2.3d 5 New Events! Alpha 7!!

Started by minami26, June 05, 2014, 04:39:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weyrling

Quote from: shadowangel101 on October 12, 2014, 12:21:57 AM
Is it just me or are the odds on the events where you risk losing a colonist way too stacked against them? I havn't had anyone survive one of those events even with a 94% chance to live.
I'm pretty sure that the actual chance of survival is closer to 0%, because I've always risked it and nobody ever survives, even when they have 90-98% chance to live.

Even assuming it's a typo and it should actually say "90% chance to die" I've sacrificed more than 20 colonists. Statistically at least one of them should have survived, it should definitely be looked at/fixed/rewritten or something.

Reysuke

Quote from: Weyrling on November 03, 2014, 05:30:42 PM
Quote from: shadowangel101 on October 12, 2014, 12:21:57 AM
Is it just me or are the odds on the events where you risk losing a colonist way too stacked against them? I havn't had anyone survive one of those events even with a 94% chance to live.
I'm pretty sure that the actual chance of survival is closer to 0%, because I've always risked it and nobody ever survives, even when they have 90-98% chance to live.

Even assuming it's a typo and it should actually say "90% chance to die" I've sacrificed more than 20 colonists. Statistically at least one of them should have survived, it should definitely be looked at/fixed/rewritten or something.
Had my ppl survive a 60% twice. But also i lost a lot of ppl before that. Maybe we just got unlucky

Vas

Might have found a few bugs in your mod;
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dfog2hizhnq0lpb/Screenshot%202014-11-05%2020.01.46.png - Odd random event.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m7920slxn2c33aq/Screenshot%202014-11-04%2018.28.30.png - This event was the best one ever.  So detailed.  I mean wow, look at the amazing amount of detail.

And the black void causes lag, the enemy seems to attack it's self.  The void creatures I mean, they all seem to attack themselves.  Also, they apparently count as animals, I disabled animals in dev menu when I was in a desert because deserts are currently broken in this game and cause animals to spawn and die from starvation everywhere, and noticed that the black void was no longer harmful.

Would it be possible for you to change the black void to have a negative impact on colonists who are stuck in the total darkness area for too long?  Causing them to become scared, with increasing amount of fear that negatively impacts them stacking over and over, lasting for 3 days.  If it climbs too high, like hits -30 or so and they are already at mental break point or have even already mentally snapped and are still out there in the darkness, have an event make them suicide or something?  Not sure.  Was trying to think of another way to do the darkness.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

sensiman

one unhappy side-effect of the Void is that if a pawn is incapacitated for whatever reason they are taken away by default,no matter the place that they are in, wether it is lit or not.more than once i was in a bionic upgrade streak ,only to have all of the incapped colonist that magically disappear due to the void,despite that fact tha hospital room was more than brightly lit.

Oragepoilu

Quote from: sensiman on November 10, 2014, 02:38:06 AM
one unhappy side-effect of the Void is that if a pawn is incapacitated for whatever reason they are taken away by default,no matter the place that they are in, wether it is lit or not.more than once i was in a bionic upgrade streak ,only to have all of the incapped colonist that magically disappear due to the void,despite that fact tha hospital room was more than brightly lit.

Yeah, got the same problem. I needed to load the same and 'heal" the colonist by using some magic cheat

Cat123

Posting this here instead of where I originally posted it:

If the event "The Void" occurs while you're in eclipse, the darkness visual changes don't occur until after the eclipse ends.

In addition - is there really the need for so many adds to spawn? If you have x2 lamps at your entrance kill zone they can never get through, so this event is merely a huge amount of lag for 10 mins while the timer runs out.

Needs tweaking - either make it challenging (adds spawn wherever dark is) and strongly limit the # of spawns, or cut the timer by 1/2 or 2/3rds: at the moment the repercussions are decided within the first minute, anything after that is lagtastic boredom.

Another small bug:

If you have both the "mechanical cocoon" event (the one that constantly spawns invasions) and the "a terminator comes from the future" at the same time, both are hostile to each other. So the terminator goes and tries to kill the cocoon ;)

Vas

The void doesn't use eclipse it seems.  When in darkness, my solar panels jump to max power during the day for a split second every so often.  They shouldn't be however, maybe this should happen though, darkness setting the eclipse effect.

Also, one time I had darkness hit at the same time as a solar flare.  Everyone died.  Every door in my base was destroyed.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

SundayTuesday

Ya know how other colonies come to visit? Maybe have there be a 20% chance (or so) that they're actually raiders in disguise? Dunno just a thought off the top of my head :P
"When your kingdom is attacked, Do not flee.
Show them WHY it is your kingdom!"

Oragepoilu

Quote from: SundayTuesday on November 11, 2014, 03:08:32 PM
Ya know how other colonies come to visit? Maybe have there be a 20% chance (or so) that they're actually raiders in disguise? Dunno just a thought off the top of my head :P
This ... is a nice idea! however, some stuff come around my mind and i'm not sure it would be easy to do this.
-Pawn have a faction. So, if they "disguise" us by showing another faction to let them go into your town and then attack, they would need to be able to change their faction at some point
-While there come, if you hit at them, you would hurt relation ship with this faction that they use as a disguise even if they are pirate - or maybe it would be possible that they immediately attack us instead ?
-If they get killed/attacked by somebody else ... like the REAL faction ? Or a crazy animal ? this could lead to some trouble

Austin_Kim

Kinda noob here, but is this mod works fine without TTM? Cause I activated this mod without TTM, it looks fine.. but some events are just not happening.

Rikiki

Their appearance is is just base on randomness. If you have encountered 1, then this mod is correctly activated. :)

Mmh, I am wondering if I would like to encounter every event... ::) dark void...

Talonidir

I hope this is updated for Alpha 8!

I've loved this mod and reaaaallllly want it to make me feel at home in rimworld again!

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: Rikiki on November 14, 2014, 09:47:56 AM
Their appearance is is just base on randomness. If you have encountered 1, then this mod is correctly activated. :)

Mmh, I am wondering if I would like to encounter every event... ::) dark void...
The dark void isnt that amazing, yes it makes is so you cant see anything but just lock your colonists in side and your gonna be okay. But they do break the doors quite fast  8)
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

thefinn

Would love to see a mod where nighttime and indoor areas are really dark like the dark void ;)

Mechanoid Hivemind

The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.