[1.0/B18] Combat Extended Compatibility Patches

Started by Saebbi, February 19, 2018, 11:19:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lancefighter

Hey, I was wondering if you had any tips or resources available to help someone write their own ce patches for things? It looks somewhat straightforward, just what I was looking at doing is a lot of things (specifically, rimsenal), so some ways to make it easier on myself and not have to make everything up/write it all by hand would be nice. Im somewhat looking at writing a simple spreadsheet to make writing up definitions easier, and dont doubt that it will be quite a project either way.

For the most part, it looks like I am having to write up some sights/sway/stuff, a little bit of editing definitions for ce stuff, and ammo definitions (which is looking to be the hardest part, due to writing recipes and balancing penetration/damage).

I also have somewhat no clue what I am looking at for armor changes, but I guess I will figure that out as I go along.

Saebbi

Quote from: Lancefighter on June 11, 2018, 06:10:10 PM
Hey, I was wondering if you had any tips or resources available to help someone write their own ce patches for things? It looks somewhat straightforward, just what I was looking at doing is a lot of things (specifically, rimsenal), so some ways to make it easier on myself and not have to make everything up/write it all by hand would be nice. Im somewhat looking at writing a simple spreadsheet to make writing up definitions easier, and dont doubt that it will be quite a project either way.

For the most part, it looks like I am having to write up some sights/sway/stuff, a little bit of editing definitions for ce stuff, and ammo definitions (which is looking to be the hardest part, due to writing recipes and balancing penetration/damage).

I also have somewhat no clue what I am looking at for armor changes, but I guess I will figure that out as I go along.

You don't really have to write anything most of the time.
Let's say you want to make a patch for Rimsenal, you just copy one already existing (Astra Militarum for example) and look at what is patched there.
A weapon needs certain statbases (Sights, Cooldown, warmup etc.), you adjust these by using the PatchOperationMakeGunCECompatible, which includes all of that.
But first you have to set up an AmmoDef, which you can copy too.
In this Def you now put the same values which you see in the vanilla BulletDef, but, as you will see, the main difference is the line "armorpenetration", which is the main difference from Vanilla projectiles.
After you've set all the values, you copy the AmmoSet defname and the Bullet defname into the AmmoUser and defaultprojectile respectively.
Now you just have to copy the defname of the Gun you're patching into the defname of the PatchOperationMakeGunCECompatible and adjust the rest of values to your liking. (The Wiki can be quite helpful.)

For Races, it's even easier. You just copy one of my pre-existing patches and replace the BasePawn (if defined, when the ParentName of the Alienrace def says "BasePawn" you can delete the first two operations) with the equivalent of the race you're patching.
Then you put the defname into the rest of the Patches and adjust the melee capacities to your liking.
(Same counts for animals, but they only need the bodytype and the melee capacities.)

At last, you have to add Ammo to the PawnKinds. In order to do this i suggest you use a pre-existing one again and just change the defnames to the ones from the PawnKinds you're patching, set the values for the number of magazines and you're good to go!

Oh and armor doesn't need to be patched, as long as it doesn't add bulk capacity.

I hope i could help you, if you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM or add me on Discord (same Username as here).
I'm super duper cereal!

Jacoo

I get an error running Rim of madness - cults ce patch
Could not resolve cross-reference to Verse.ToolCapacityDef named Cults_Psionic

Mod load order is
1. JecsTools
2. Cults
3. Combat extended
4. Cults CE patch

Hope someone can help :)

WereCat88

USCM mods patch aint working, i'd apreciate it if you'd take a look at it
I am The Primal Mammelon

freaky89

@ Saebbi: Hey thank you for the lists/mods :)
But I have a question. Something is wrong with the Androids patch (not "android tiers"!). It's look like that the Androids CE patch is for android tiers. I get a lot of errors.

Saebbi

Quote from: freaky89 on August 13, 2018, 11:28:37 AM
@ Saebbi: Hey thank you for the lists/mods :)
But I have a question. Something is wrong with the Androids patch (not "android tiers"!). It's look like that the Androids CE patch is for android tiers. I get a lot of errors.

Yeah it seems i accidentially overwrote the Androids one when updating the Android tiers patch.
I'm sorry about this, but you can use this Patch.
I'm super duper cereal!

FueledByOCHD

I was wondering if you have any plans on creating a patch for Basic Sidearms, if not that is cool.

Saebbi

Quote from: FueledByOCHD on August 13, 2018, 12:12:50 PM
I was wondering if you have any plans on creating a patch for Basic Sidearms, if not that is cool.

Do you mean Simple Sidearms? Because that mod is already compatible with CE and a Google search didn't yield anything else.
I'm super duper cereal!

FueledByOCHD

Quote from: Saebbi on August 14, 2018, 04:35:00 PM
Quote from: FueledByOCHD on August 13, 2018, 12:12:50 PM

Do you mean Simple Sidearms? Because that mod is already compatible with CE and a Google search didn't yield anything else.

Yea, sorry I don't have the best memory when it comes to names.
But with Simple Sidearms doesn't it disable itself due to having CE active?

ferofax

Hey, do you have CE patches for RoM Werewolves and Vampires? I don't see any, and I really love CE, but running it with Werewolves and Vampires seem to result with wonky combat. Thanks!

lperkins2

I just finished writing a compatibility patch for CE and Misc. Item's turret base.  It let's you mount any standard CE weapon in the base, and man/reload the turret like any other CE turret. 

You're welcome to link to the download here, or totally appropriate the work if you want to host it on your github.  Or I can start a mod thread for it, but that seems like more hassle than it's worth.  I'll probably list it on steam too.

Anyway, it's available here:  https://lp-programming.com/miscturrets_ce.zip

Ikazuchi00

hi, are you working on a CE patch for B18 glitter tech and Titanium+?

Saebbi

Quote from: Saebbi on February 19, 2018, 11:19:17 AM
As a huge fan of NoImageAvailables Combat Extended mod, i created a few patches, making mods i wanted to play with compatible.
Load order should be Original Mod -> Combat Extended -> Patch
Please keep in mind that these patches may be unbalanced or even buggy, so please let me know if you encounter any problems.
The only mod throwing errors right now is Corruption, but it works fine as i'm using it myself.

(For the mod authors, if you see a patch i made for your mod, you are free to link to my page or directly to the download from your page.)

Most of my Patches are also available on Steam Workshop. You find them here.

Patches include (click hyperlink for download):

Lord of the Rims (original)

The B18 version is available in the B18 branch.

Usethis CE Fork by InsertKey.
I'm super duper cereal!

N7Huntsman

Since I've seen people asking and this sort of seems like a hub for CE patches, I'll leave a link to my patch here, I suppose. With the Combat Extended dev branch looking almost like a finished product, I've updated the CE-Medieval Times patch. I've uploaded a new version on the Workshop because I'm having trouble getting ahold of Tamias to update his version.

Github: https://github.com/N7Huntsman/MT-CE-Patch
Workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1581677051
The Rim is a cruel place.

Saebbi

Quote from: N7Huntsman on December 03, 2018, 07:25:36 PM
Since I've seen people asking and this sort of seems like a hub for CE patches, I'll leave a link to my patch here, I suppose. With the Combat Extended dev branch looking almost like a finished product, I've updated the CE-Medieval Times patch. I've uploaded a new version on the Workshop because I'm having trouble getting ahold of Tamias to update his version.

Github: https://github.com/N7Huntsman/MT-CE-Patch
Workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1581677051

Added it to the main post, if you don't mind :)
I'm super duper cereal!