[1.2] (WIP) Red Horse: Tacticool Expansion

Started by Chicken Plucker, March 17, 2018, 10:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Empire vs US Marines. Who will win?

The freakin' MARINE CORPS BABY OOH-RAH SEMPER-FI!
38 (15.2%)
Galactic Empire. It's treason, then.
43 (17.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Army would step in and run over everyone with their Camaros
3 (1.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Navy would step in and sing YMCA during the fight
5 (2%)
This is ridiculous, the Air Force would be in a 5 star hotel dropping MOABs
9 (3.6%)
This is ridiculous, the Space Force would send in Master Chief
34 (13.6%)
Russia.
118 (47.2%)

Total Members Voted: 250

Chicken Plucker

I have to head off work so I'll speak with little words. I have not tested the mod properly, just the opening. As far as I'm aware there's a yellow error/notification regarding the events of Ghosts and TF 141 turning friendly so that needs fixing later. I've escalated that to dninemfive for now.

I also have yet to see if care packages are working, if you wanna play with the mod now please go ahead and report any issues you may find. Care packages should appear after 14 days.

Beta DOWNLOAD

As a complementary mod, I have been experimenting with a non-MGS incident sounds mod for more gritty gameplay, can't always take things seriously if you're feeling like you have the old nostalgic MGS sounds so maybe some beeping and booping from another game will make a difference. Yes I didn't make sense but I haven't slept properly for days and I'm about to have a go at the hospital again.

Cheers all, please do keep me posted if you guys find anything or if you wanna give feedback on features for these two new mods.

Chicken Plucker

Download links for both updates are above this post
23/11/19

Spec Ops: The Line 1.0
- Sound tweaks, SOFLAM firing SFX lowered
- Bag spawns in pawn generation
- Other tweaks

Still waiting for the alliance incident to get sorted out, I also found an annoying vanilla issue with female pawns in pawngen spawning with the hairstyles I tagged for men so you end up with bearded ladies. That's a hardcoded thing in vanilla cause vanilla was never made for beards. The discrimination for beards and moustaches are unreal, I'm about to retire modding cause of it.

I can only add more female hairstyles to make it less likely to spawn but it won't be fully patched out.

Red Horse - Incident Sounds
- Volume tweaks
- Sound Death error fixed

Gotta go to work again. See you guys.

Chicken Plucker

Download links for updates are in the front page this post
25/11/19

* Events for alliance and hostility added. Special thanks to dninemfive
* Hair generation fix for beards spawning on females fixed. Special thanks to Pelador.
* Other error issues removed
* Volume tweaks for airstrike
* Provisions error fix. (fixed by dninemfive)

Provisions still not working.

Red Horse Incident Sounds
* Some sound effects changed, such as radio closing and letterArrive, letterArriveBadUrgent etc.
* Volume tweaks

Rimmu-Nation Gloves N' Boots
* Layers tweaked for all gloves and boots. Power armor set now occupy shell layer.
* Nerfed flammability reduction for all gear
* Added new faction tags for upcoming RH mods
* Made all power armor greaves add 0.15 c/s movement

Metal Gear Solid 1.0
* Errors fixed for missing bullet and appareldefs. Etc.
* Provisions error fix. (fixed by dninemfive)

No time to talk, gonna get to bed. Let's just say I have to revisit all apparel mods to fix them for the upcoming Camo and Stealth mod, and I also have to start making outfits craftable.

Chicken Plucker

Download links for updates are in the front page this post.
26/11/19

* Fixed coding of faction relations for scenario
* Allowed survival packaged meals rather than MREs to avoid destacking for Prepare Carefully users on scenario.
* Removed all errors and incompatibility with Metal Gear Solid 1.0
* Removed provisions due to errors

Jarhead - Military Sounds
* Changed mod name
* Changed description
* Change end credits song to "Soldier's Things" cover by Gil Michael (originally performed by Tom Waits)

Metal Gear Solid 1.0
* Removed all errors and incompatibility with Spec Ops: The Line 1.0
* Added FAMAS for FOXHOUND operators
* Added more faction interactions
* Removed provisions due to errors
* Scenario now gives you SOCOM Mk 23

Faction: Militaires Sans Frontieries
* MSF turns into your allies and leaves a message during faction scenario

Goodnight all. Goal is to release mods to Steam by Sunday

Chicken Plucker

33rd Infantry "The Damned 33rd"

So there's a plan to get 33rd done. I wasn't gonna let any other faction use UCP camo anyway, so why not?

33rd Infantry is a Rogue US Army Battalion that exist within the Spec Ops: The Line storyline, they were trying to help civilian refugees though they had extremely strict rules. They would execute a civilian refugee for stealing water for his family. They attacked the Delta team first, mistaking them for CIA.

Though during all this confusion, despite all their barbaric methods and trigger happy attitude towards Delta, they still tried to save civilian lives.

Delta came in and slaughtered everybody, not having much of a choice (literally cause the game doesn't give you a choice). Civilians were caught in the crossfire. Was not pretty.

Kit list:
- UCP combat uniform
- MOLLE 2 rucksack
- UCP IBA (had to remake the IBA, turns out I only had the Hulk view in presets, rip)
- ACH helmets
- another set of combats, maybe black combat jacket? black balaclava for snipers
- juggernaut units? blacked up EOD suits with magpouches

Touched up the animation, Lugo pushes back Adams with force. Shotty from Discord told me they were kissing so I changed it because his statement made me cry inside cause I'm over here trying to make a dramatic scene from a video game

33rd Infantry will use the Humvee and M1 Bradley. Textures will be redone since the ones above are outdated and won't fit with current faction vehicles/drones.

Download links for updates are in the front page this post.
26/11/19

Faction: Militaires Sans Frontieries
- Rescue team arrives on MSF scenario when all pawns are downed
- Nerfed Maxi Cola

If you are having "[MSFBuddies] Queued events error" it can be safely ignored. This issue only exists on gamesaves that began with the MSF scenario.

"OFOFriendlies" mention also, the error is harmless, saving again should make it go away.

New saves now enable MSF to interact with the scenario players with a message.

Red Horse Furniture:
- Maxi Cola and Nuka Cola nerf, their effects wear off for a shorter amount of time.

Chicken Plucker

Adds a new storyteller. Gny. Sgt. Hartman, your senior drill instructor. From now on you will speak only when spoken to, and the first and last words out of your filthy sewers will be "Sir". Do you maggots understand that?

Sound off like you got a pair!

Storyteller features:
The Gunny allows population to be double than that of the normal storytellers. Friendly reinforcement chances are increased along with other visits from outside colonies. However negative events are more dangerous and have less cooldown in-between.

"Crucible" difficulty lessens the 110% chance of downed pawntypes to instantly die to a more generous 50%. The mod is designed to allow the player to find it easier to recruit and build up their numbers, while maintaining difficulties of Merciless with it's reduced yields of resources , and negative events that are followed up with more negative events.

Credits:
Stanley Kubrick - for Full Metal Jacket
R. Lee Ermey - as Gny. Sgt. Hartman
OskarPotocki - for inspiring this mod with his vanilla expanded storytellers
Techmago - Hardcore storytellers author for also inspiring this mod and providing the base .xml coding
ssulunge - Kijin storytellers, author of Kijin Race 2.0 for also inspiring this mod

No time to talk, gotta go sleep. Here's the update list:

- Red Horse Furniture
- British Military Kit
- Spec Ops The Line 1.0
- Jarhead - Military Sounds

- ALL Faction mods
* Cordis Die, Elite Crew, Task Force 141, The Ghosts, Last Man Mercs, Umbra Company, Militaires Sans Frontieres

Changed MREs stack textures, also updated Russian MRE textures. Updates are not live on Steam yet. Added a "Gunny Storyteller" mod just cause today, was a pretty neat little addition to the Red Horse list.

I am so so tired, need to finish all updates by tommorrow. Goodnight all.

Madman666

Skynert

Chicken Plucker

NEW UPDATES
Please see the download links in the front page or above this post.

Red Horse: "Blacking Out" Updates

This is a list of updates accross all of Red Horse mods that will be too time consuming to individually list for their respective mods.

- MREs now stackable and have 25 stack count limit
- All apparel patched with Camouflage and Stealth mod
*Rimmu-Nation Clothing/All Craftable *Red Horse Furniture *All RH Factions
- All RH Factions now have craftable clothing
- Compatibility tweaks
- RH Apparel changed categories

- MGS Incident Sounds finds itself with a new end credits song "Here's To You" by Joan Baez

- Spec Ops: The Line mod now allows cookable MREs

- Tribal apparels have been patched. No more RH or Rimmu-Nation equipment will spawn on tribals or medieval factions

- Rimmu-Nation Weapons has some weapon textures improved (some other updates which I forgot about)

- Rimmu-Nation Gloves N' Boots affected by CAS patches.

MODS RECENTLY UPDATED:
* Rimmu-Nation Collection
* Red Horse Faction Collection
* Red Horse Furniture
* Metal Gear Solid 1.0
* Spec Ops: The Line 1.0
* Metal Gear Solid - Incident Sounds (original version)

I've got no time for previews. Gotta go, the work is done, and always will be. I am.. compatible.

Skynert

Yay, new faction of bad guys to evaporate in nuclear fire of Democracy. Nice work

Skynert

Found bug, when my pawn eat MRE US ARMY i got this. Earlier it work ok. Steam wersion. It happen after instalation of your new mods that you add on steam.  logs https://gist.github.com/2d4a190b9bb7832b53326a98f78e48d4

Chicken Plucker

Follow Up Patches - Download links about or at front page
03/12/19

*British Military Kit - All clothing became uncraftable last update, it's been fixed not
*Red Horse Furniture - MRE Patches failed to upload yesterday, uploaded now. No more missing textures from MREs

Quote from: Skynert on December 03, 2019, 11:03:19 AM
Found bug, when my pawn eat MRE US ARMY i got this. Earlier it work ok. Steam wersion. It happen after instalation of your new mods that you add on steam.  logs https://gist.github.com/2d4a190b9bb7832b53326a98f78e48d4

Thanks for informing me, I got it. I forgot to update Red Horse Furniture last morning, must've been so tired. It's all there now.

Also turns out my Google Drive for these mods are full up, all the outdated legacy versions need some clearing later on cause I ain't paying yearly for some space. Rop

Quote from: Madman666 on December 02, 2019, 06:43:28 AM
Those pics are priceless. Glorious work.

Thanks Madman, happy to hear from you as always. Been stressed out recently but I will get to talking to you in Discord again when I get a break my friend.

Canute

QuoteAlso turns out my Google Drive for these mods are full up, all the outdated legacy versions need some clearing later on cause I ain't paying yearly for some space. Rop
There are alot other file hoster with some free space offers.
Or you can use Github as simple filehoster, or use it at the right way.

Then just keep Noddle drive for your assets, and put the final mod archives somewhere else.

P.S. don't forget to sleep a bit more !! It sounds like you are burned out pretty soon !! :-(

Retry_02Hide

Quote from: Chicken Plucker on December 03, 2019, 04:36:52 PM
Also turns out my Google Drive for these mods are full up
Maybe it's a bit too late to tell you this cause I haven't played Rimworld yet when you start publishing mods.
Google cooperates with some colleges and gives their students infinity Google drive called "G Suite For Education". You can register it if your college is in the support list, and once registered, you can use it forever even you graduate from the school.

Chicken Plucker

Urgent Patches - Download links about or at front page
04/12/19
Project Red Horse "I gotta go and fix all this bullcrap" update

Mods affected: (Basically all mods with apparel)
Rimmu-Nation Clothing
Rimmu-Nation Clothing - All Craftable
Rimmu-Nation Gloves N' Boots
Metal Gear Solid 1.0
Spec Ops: The Line
Red Horse Furniture
British Military Kit

Red Horse Factions: (Basically all factions)
Task Force 141
The Ghosts
Elite Crew
Umbra Company
Last Man Mercs
Militaires Sans Frontieres
Cordis Die

What does this new update do?
- Fixed CPBackpack.dll issue with new versions of Harmony
- Fixed CPGearTechFix to use new version of harmony so mods don't crash without other mods
- Notification errors for MSFBaddies and OFOFriendlies removed, no more 1000 messages. No more logs if certain factions aren't enabled.

Quote from: Canute on December 04, 2019, 03:47:28 AM
QuoteAlso turns out my Google Drive for these mods are full up, all the outdated legacy versions need some clearing later on cause I ain't paying yearly for some space. Rop
There are alot other file hoster with some free space offers.
Or you can use Github as simple filehoster, or use it at the right way.

Then just keep Noddle drive for your assets, and put the final mod archives somewhere else.

P.S. don't forget to sleep a bit more !! It sounds like you are burned out pretty soon !! :-(

Quote from: Retry_02Hide on December 04, 2019, 05:33:11 AM
Quote from: Chicken Plucker on December 03, 2019, 04:36:52 PM
Also turns out my Google Drive for these mods are full up
Maybe it's a bit too late to tell you this cause I haven't played Rimworld yet when you start publishing mods.
Google cooperates with some colleges and gives their students infinity Google drive called "G Suite For Education". You can register it if your college is in the support list, and once registered, you can use it forever even you graduate from the school.

Thanks for the tips guys, though I don't like github since it's complicated for me. I'm not a coderman and I can't be arsed if I cannot just drag and drop initially like Google Drive. As for the G Suite, my friend I'm not in University/College anymore. Military College here is all about getting down and dirty, wet and cold and tired. With that said, I'm about 100% positive Google wants nothing to do with us

I do have a temporary solution for now, and that's to clear old versions of the mod in the backups folder that hasn't been deleted from last year. Don't need those redundant updates anymore and it's worked so far. I can pay for space later or yeah, learn github or some other file sharing site later. For now my priority is the Army later in Feb and to get all mods I can out for you all ASAP before I go away and get thrashed for a few months.