Succession Game Joining Thread! LETS DO THIS! (Turn In Progress!)

Started by Untrustedlife, June 14, 2014, 02:48:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Untrustedlife

Alrighty Then guys, we will do a succession game, ill go first Naturally, we will be playing on randy random (unless you guys would rather play on Cassandra or Cleopatra)
(added a poll)

Rules:

Ask to join in THIS thread! and I will add you to the list.

(Remember some rim-lore before making your story, No FTL Travel, The gulf Between Stars, and No aliens)

Our World Will be a Large 325x325

We will be playing on vanilla rimworld (I want to stay with vanilla for story reasons,) (This will be the first true succession game that i know of for rimworld)

(We will heavily RP our "Leaders" and each reign lasts 15 days)
Players Must Submit Their savefile in a zip/rar file on their post, and are recommended/encouraged, to  tell  of their reign in a creative STORY (first person) format.

You must explain how your leader ended up here (you don't have to try too hard though (I encourage it however)), and how you left after your fifteen days (Or go ahead and rename one of the unimportant colonists with your name)

(You can do this by going into the save file and editing your colonist)

(Feel free to RP your leader as crazily as you like)
(as long as you dont TRY to kill everyone.)

You want a dictatorship based on fear and cannibalism,  GO AHEAD!

Untrustedlifes Turn

Untrustedlife Update 1

Players:
Untrustedlife
Ender
Kubouch
minami26
Telkir
HeadshotKill (Tom)
Theapolaustic
Ednac
Milon
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

Ender

seeing as i tried in the last thread i would love to join! I'm not 100% sure how fast i could get a round done, it could take me a day or three, as i am on a summer exchange program in Japan (which means my summer vacation suddenly has school in it again) ...

P.S.
Thanks for starting this up again!
The voices in my head tell me to burn colonists....

Untrustedlife

Quote from: Ender on June 15, 2014, 04:40:22 AM
seeing as i tried in the last thread i would love to join! I'm not 100% sure how fast i could get a round done, it could take me a day or three, as i am on a summer exchange program in Japan (which means my summer vacation suddenly has school in it again) ...

P.S.
Thanks for starting this up again!
Added you to the list :)
(we need at least a couple more people before we start)
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

milon

I would love to be in on this, but I don't have much spare time and I'd hold things up. I'm definitely going to be watching that thread, though!

Also, hi forum!  I've been lurking the forum since a couple days before Alpha 3, and this thread finally made me register an account. :)

Kubouch

I'm definitely in :-)! I have about two weeks until I start to travel around so if it starts soon enough I'm in.

As for storyteller I'd love RR, but since it's probably a bit broken in alpha 4 I'd stick with CC. TC might be a bit much for the first run.

minami26

me want in.

also, can you refresh me on what to do in a succession game again?

what I understood is that.
I get a colonist on my turn by renaming, then share the story of how the dude got here.

Explain me this:
when its my turn...
I build somewhere on the map where it isnt near the last player's area?
Then I explain every step I take for 10 days?
Am I right?

also RR for the win!

Untrustedlife

Added you guys to the list :) (When shall we start? (I already generated a world/customized my colonist))

Question answers:

In a succession game, You share the story as to how you got there, then you act as a ruler of the colony ( You expand on things players have already built/ do your own thing, it is YOUR colony during your turn, you can even take things down other players have made if you wish... (Unless you guys don't want that?)

And yes explain everything you do for the 10 days (In a story style hopefully)

I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

LINK

minami26

Quote from: Untrustedlife on June 18, 2014, 01:33:09 PM
Added you guys to the list :) (When shall we start? (I already generated a world/customized my colonist))

Alright thanks for that.

Im ready anytime. everybody should respond so that we'll have a set date. :)

Untrustedlife

Quote from: minami26 on June 19, 2014, 02:40:00 AM
Quote from: Untrustedlife on June 18, 2014, 01:33:09 PM

Alright thanks for that.

Im ready anytime. everybody should respond so that we'll have a set date. :)
Yeah guys, respond so we know. If they take too long Ill just start it ;)
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

LINK

milon

If this is going to be slow paced I might be able to jump in after all. I usually only can play one or two days per week.  I'd love to be a part of this if I don't hold it up too badly.

Untrustedlife

Quote from: milon on June 25, 2014, 07:44:06 AM
If this is going to be slow paced I might be able to jump in after all. I usually only can play one or two days per week.  I'd love to be a part of this if I don't hold it up too badly.

One reply is good enough, ill be starting my turn now.
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

LINK

Kubouch

So how's it going? I'd love to do this but I'm abroad from 29.6. to 11.7. so I won't make it anytime soon, I'm afraid.

Untrustedlife

Quote from: Kubouch on June 26, 2014, 03:43:54 PM
So how's it going? I'd love to do this but I'm abroad from 29.6. to 11.7. so I won't make it anytime soon, I'm afraid.

im beginning my turn tomorrow Should have all 10 days taken care of by saturday (monday at the latest)
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

LINK

Kubouch

Quote from: Untrustedlife on June 26, 2014, 04:28:12 PM
Quote from: Kubouch on June 26, 2014, 03:43:54 PM

im beginning my turn tomorrow Should have all 10 days taken care of by saturday (monday at the latest)

Nice to see it didn't die. Maybe put me towards the end. I'll let you know when I'm here.

Ender

im ready whenever, especially this week though, this week i have pretty much nothing going on :P
The voices in my head tell me to burn colonists....