[B18] A mod about meat

Started by Wilhelm95, April 08, 2018, 10:23:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilhelm95

Always dreamed of making things out of raw animal flesh ? Now you can !
Should be mod-friendly

Including :

- Meat Cubes : Carefully carved meat at the butchery table, base material for the rest of the mod
(As eatable as any other food now :D)
(also usefull for stacking different animal meats together)
- Flesh Walls : They are weak, ugly and smelly.
- Hardened Meat Walls : They're kinda strong, but, hey, that's still meat.
- Raw Flesh Floor : Plant can grow on that one, tho only at 70% speed. Usefull for early indoor crops, before hydroponics.
- Meat Tiles : Meat floor, with a brick pattern. Not too ugly (which is a miracle).
- Human meat variant for everything, let's make prisons out of prisoners !
- Meat plants, too huge for hydroponics, lvl 10 to grow, but give cubes of meats on harvest. It's a freaking plant growing meat cube guys.
- Candles, they burn at low rate, glow less than torch, and are kinda cute ^^.
- Animal fat, extracted from raw meat in order to make candles
- Research tree ! :D
- Some meat furnitures (there will be more in the future), so you can make this bad prisoner sleep in a bed made out of his family C:

Incoming :

- Compost/Fertilizer - Something to make crops more efficient ?
- meat sculptures, let's break the codes with some modern art
- super meat boy reference - Like a pet or something ?
- way too much things, can't talk of everything there, but it'll be awesome :D

It is is free to be used in any modpack, and you can do whatever you want with the code and graphics inside of it.
Also i'm taking any suggestion for things to add to the mod, let's do a lot of weird things with meat :D

steam download : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1356014351
non-steam version : https://drive.google.com/open?id=12CB_Im07m10EHgl-UhCDvbA-tLA8mQjH

installing for non-steam users :
- download the zip/rar file
- unzip wherever you want
- put the "AModAboutMeat" uncompressed file into the mod file within your rimworld folder. (RimWorld/Mods)

Enjoy ^^

Wilhelm95

Little (big ?) update, added two floors and completely changed how things looked like.

Harry_Dicks

This is disgustingly AWESOME!

Gerrymon

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on April 08, 2018, 06:25:16 PM
This is disgustingly AWESOME!

That brick and soil texture are disgustingly beautiful too
Can you also add meaty door that open as slow as stone door? :D

Wilhelm95

I just finished the meat plants and the ability to make things with human flesh, plus meat cubes are now eatable, i'll work on these
meat door right now ;D

Lanilor

Quote from: Wilhelm95 on April 08, 2018, 10:23:46 AM
Human meat cubes, let's make a prison out of prisonners !

I really like your way of thinking! :D

Nice idea for a training mod, btw.

Serpyderpy

This mod looks absolutely disgusting and I love it. It reminds me of the NES game Abadox a whole lot, as well as organic stages in shooters like Lifeforce and Gradius.

Do you think you'd ever make some special furniture for this mod? Like, eyeball lights, tongue rugs, maybe like decorative teeth and giblets? Organs that produce power would be pretty cool, too, with conduits made of veins! I'm spitballing now but, this mod has awesome potential. o:

Wilhelm95

Quote from: Serpyderpy on April 09, 2018, 05:47:49 PM
This mod looks absolutely disgusting and I love it. It reminds me of the NES game Abadox a whole lot, as well as organic stages in shooters like Lifeforce and Gradius.

Do you think you'd ever make some special furniture for this mod? Like, eyeball lights, tongue rugs, maybe like decorative teeth and giblets? Organs that produce power would be pretty cool, too, with conduits made of veins! I'm spitballing now but, this mod has awesome potential. o:

You're reading my mind lol, I'm actually drawing eyeballs lamp 😂

Serpyderpy

If you make giant eyeball lamps I will do flips, I wanna stick them on the front of my base and make it look 'alive', haha.

Body horror is a really creepy untapped potential for Rimworld so I'm glad this mod exists. Games like Gynoug, Contra: Hard Corps, Abadox and Super Cyborg have great body horror bosses, stages and enemies if you're ever wanting some inspiration in the future, and they fit within the style you seem to be going for.

Canute

What happen when all these flesh walls/floors comes alive and get hungry ? :-)
Does the floor eat the flith and blood, and the shoes/feets if someone stand to long at a place.
Does the wall bite you when you lean on them for cover or relax.

Wilhelm95

That's it, I've planned a lot of things, and the actual goal is to end up with a living colony that you need to feed out of blood and nutrients extracted from meat, meat abominations as colonists, with some of them connected to the colony itself without any free will anymore, shits like that c:

Serpyderpy

Quote from: Wilhelm95 on April 10, 2018, 04:36:34 AM
That's it, I've planned a lot of things, and the actual goal is to end up with a living colony that you need to feed out of blood and nutrients extracted from meat, meat abominations as colonists, with some of them connected to the colony itself without any free will anymore, shits like that c:

Best mod ever. <3

Jackalvin

Disgusting mod. Love it! Here's some horrific ideas:
-Heart Generator powered by blood and meat.
-Pulsing Stomach that works as a efficient but disgusting paste maker
-A mass of livers that makes neutromine. I don't know how
-A bloated kidney that makes medicine.
-A brain thingy that controls lesser minded beasts.
-Insert Witty Joke Here-

Wilhelm95

Thanks you all for the support, I'll work hard to make the best mod about meat you've ever seen  ;D

The heart was already planned, but I was looking for idea about what the other organs should do, (the stomach producing nutrient paste would be really cool :o)  thanks  :)

CrazyMalk

Maybe, later, you could add in a custom race/trait that makes pawns immune to the uglyness of meat. Then, every pawn that is not from that race or that do not have the trait would get debuffs.