Beta 19 - Polish the Cannons released!

Started by Tynan, August 28, 2018, 12:44:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Maybe you just should end the 32 bit support for Rimworld.

Jdalt40

That would mean disabling every update before this Canute. I don't think he wants to mess over that one person that is playing in Alpha 15 still

Zombra

Quote from: Blato on August 31, 2018, 01:51:35 AM
Quote from: Zombra on August 30, 2018, 05:53:32 PM
Do dogs still drink themselves to death in 0.19?
And need cancer removal. Yes
Thanks for the reply ... here's hoping that 1.0 will feature a beer bottle that dogs don't know how to open ...   ;)

Canute

Quote from: Jdalt40 on August 31, 2018, 06:41:17 AM
That would mean disabling every update before this Canute. I don't think he wants to mess over that one person that is playing in Alpha 15 still
I would understand this if Alpha 15 would be a different game.
But the update for Alpha 15 is Alpha 16.

Drewski

Quote from: Canute on August 31, 2018, 04:38:04 AM

That would be kind of a dickish move to those of us who supported the game's development because it runs on our old 32-bit computers. "Oh, hey, development is complete, don't need you anymore, sucker," would be the message I would take away from that.

spaceage

Quote from: Drewski on August 31, 2018, 12:09:49 PM

That would be kind of a dickish move to those of us who supported the game's development because it runs on our old 32-bit computers. "Oh, hey, development is complete, don't need you anymore, sucker," would be the message I would take away from that.

How old is your computer??

Lowkey1987

Quote from: spaceage on August 31, 2018, 12:16:38 PM

I dont think this is moving in the right direction. Is it okay when one buyer can not play the game after 32bit support run out? Or 10 people? Maybe hundrets? Is it okay when my friend can not play it?
It is not even finished.
When it is finished, you can change this things. But till then, somebody had given money for it.

Soooooo....  :) what about some fancy hats?

EDIT: I had one unburnable corpse. My burningchamber had 1000 °C ... but he didnt catch fire. I think it is a bug, but i dont have a savegame (was 3 days back). Perhaps it was just a cool guy.

Praeses

Although I agree with you - just note that the game's requirements include a Core 2 Duo with 4GB of memory - so if it becomes a hassle for some reason to develop for 32bit, I wouldn't be surprised if it gets dropped. Don't think that will become a problem though.

spaceage

Quote from: Lowkey1987 on August 31, 2018, 01:35:13 PM
Quote from: spaceage on August 31, 2018, 12:16:38 PM

I dont think this is moving in the right direction. Is it okay when one buyer can not play the game after 32bit support run out? Or 10 people? Maybe hundrets? Is it okay when my friend can not play it?
It is not even finished.
When it is finished, you can change this things. But till then, somebody had given money for it.

Soooooo....  :) what about some fancy hats?

EDIT: I had one unburnable corpse. My burningchamber had 1000 °C ... but he didnt catch fire. I think it is a bug, but i dont have a savegame (was 3 days back). Perhaps it was just a cool guy.

Here are the system requirements: https://store.steampowered.com/app/294100/RimWorld/

You're free to purchase any software license you'd like, it doesn't mean the dev is forced to support your machine.

Anyway, thanks Tynan for resolving 64-bit support on Steam.

Drewski

Quote from: spaceage on September 01, 2018, 11:50:15 AMHere are the system requirements: https://store.steampowered.com/app/294100/RimWorld/

So what? Are you under the impression that dual-core and 64-bit are in some way the same thing? Stop wasting my time.

spaceage

Quote from: Drewski on September 01, 2018, 01:27:47 PM
Quote from: spaceage on September 01, 2018, 11:50:15 AMHere are the system requirements: https://store.steampowered.com/app/294100/RimWorld/

So what? Are you under the impression that dual-core and 64-bit are in some way the same thing? Stop wasting my time.

All Core 2 Duo processors have 64-bit support.

RemingtonRyder

Steam decides whether to send you thr 32-bit or 64-bit executable, so there's no need to fret right away about 32-bit support suddenly being dropped.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: MarvinKosh on September 01, 2018, 03:48:47 PM
Steam decides whether to send you thr 32-bit or 64-bit executable...

Ah, is that why we no longer have 2 exe files in the Rimworld install folder since Tynan got 64 bit support back up and running?

Drewski

Quote from: spaceage on September 01, 2018, 03:08:15 PM

Huh. Regardless, my processor is newer than the early Core 2 Duos, and a 64-bit OS isn't required, so that's probably why I met the requirements. At any rate, let's stop wasting all the readers' time. You want Tynan to cut support for some customers so you get updates faster, I think it would be a dick move, I don't want to talk to you any more, conversation is over.

spaceage

Quote from: Drewski on September 01, 2018, 04:52:03 PM
Quote from: spaceage on September 01, 2018, 03:08:15 PM

Huh. Regardless, my processor is newer than the early Core 2 Duos, and a 64-bit OS isn't required, so that's probably why I met the requirements. At any rate, let's stop wasting all the readers' time. You want Tynan to cut support for some customers so you get updates faster, I think it would be a dick move, I don't want to talk to you any more, conversation is over.

cool