[MOD] (Alpha 5) Mechanical Defense v0.3.5 --FIXED (by Haplo)

Started by mipen, June 29, 2014, 09:49:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bandus

I seem to be having an issue with this mod, unfortunately. Specifically, I have placed a sand pit and it has been constructed, yet, I cannot seem to order anyone to mine it. When I try to right-click to prioritize it, no option appears.

asphere8

Are the droids supposed to be having mental breakdowns? Occasionally one will 'give up' but still do its job, while others will go on a rampage and have to be killed, which causes explosions and damage to my colony. :c

mipen

Quote from: Bandus on July 08, 2014, 02:47:56 AM
I seem to be having an issue with this mod, unfortunately. Specifically, I have placed a sand pit and it has been constructed, yet, I cannot seem to order anyone to mine it. When I try to right-click to prioritize it, no option appears.
Have you set the order to mine it? (From the tools menu) You should be able to mine it like any other rock.
Quote from: asphere8 on July 08, 2014, 11:56:00 PM
Are the droids supposed to be having mental breakdowns? Occasionally one will 'give up' but still do its job, while others will go on a rampage and have to be killed, which causes explosions and damage to my colony. :c
No that is a bug that I am fixing now, sorry about that D:

BetaSpectre

Combat droid - perfect addition to the ranks, this droids advanced target acquisition gives it powerful capabilities on the field. However, it has a penchant for exploding when knocked down or too badly damaged.

When using the Droid I find it to be alot worse than a normal colonist. mind making him tough? (have 200 HP? or lots of damage absorbsion since he is armored right?)

As is It takes a few resources to make him that are better used on say turrets and due to his low health and penchant for exploding its tough to actually use him in the field and impossible in clumps (the whole boom thing and 50HP)

I wouldn't mind if he was more expensive since if I build something for combat I expect it to be costly and effective.

Maybe even add in a separate Scout droid that goes 200% faster than colonists but only 50 HP
(for hauling prisoners mostly)

Thanks for reading, keep up the great work will update the mod soon
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Puch22

Quote from: BetaSpectre on July 09, 2014, 06:40:09 AM

When using the Droid I find it to be alot worse than a normal colonist. mind making him tough? (have 200 HP? or lots of damage absorbsion since he is armored right?)

I think the combat droid was meant to basically be a expendable troop, which more or less makes him worth it. If you put other mods in such as project armory, you could equip them with long-ranged weapons which makes them less likely to die easily, on the other hand I'm probably wrong but I think the Combat Droids were intended to have less health than a colonist.

(I am probably wrong)

(Also, if you want it to be stronger before a update of the mod, it's files are in the Defs/ThingDefs in the xml which is mipPawnRaces, change the health points and whatever with the editor of your choice and you're good.)
A life can be lived millions of ways, but each is unique and can only be chosen once.

BetaSpectre

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
                           TO WAR WE GO

godbyelol

Dosent seem to work, or im doing something wrong, researched the 2 things, yet nothing unlocks to me :(

N-Tempest

not sure if it's been mentioned, but my droids seem to be losing their minds to exhaustion and other psychological problems...
There's no way to check their stats

Also, are there any plans for having droids that can do crafting and basic hauling?

Puch22

Quote from: N-Tempest on July 09, 2014, 07:22:07 PM

Also, are there any plans for having droids that can do crafting and basic hauling?
I don't think it'd seem too fair to have a droid crafting other droids and all the turrets, that might be a little bit over powered. Also the house hold droid can haul items.
A life can be lived millions of ways, but each is unique and can only be chosen once.

Herzer

Yeah so I was looking to try this mod out but I can't get it to work. I download the file but I can't open it properly. I have a video player that registers it as a video and my zip program won't give me anything I can use. All my zip program does is make an infinite loop.

mipen

Quote from: BetaSpectre on July 09, 2014, 06:40:09 AM
Combat droid - perfect addition to the ranks, this droids advanced target acquisition gives it powerful capabilities on the field. However, it has a penchant for exploding when knocked down or too badly damaged.

As is It takes a few resources to make him that are better used on say turrets and due to his low health and penchant for exploding its tough to actually use him in the field and impossible in clumps (the whole boom thing and 50HP)

I wouldn't mind if he was more expensive since if I build something for combat I expect it to be costly and effective.

Maybe even add in a separate Scout droid that goes 200% faster than colonists but only 50 HP
(for hauling prisoners mostly)

Thanks for reading, keep up the great work will update the mod soon
Yah puch was right about it being expendable. It has a shooting level of 10 so giving it a good weapon will let it do some damage. The problem with making it powerful would be that once you get to a certain point in your colony, you could end up making unlimited of them, which would be a bit overpowered. I could reduce the explosion radius and cost of them to make them more expendable and more useful in filling up the gaps in the line, but I think making them stronger would end up making them overpowered. I could also bump up their shooting skill to make them do more damage. Let me know what you think
Quote from: godbyelol on July 09, 2014, 06:04:15 PM
Dosent seem to work, or im doing something wrong, researched the 2 things, yet nothing unlocks to me :(
I don't know what could cause this, have you installed the mod correctly?
Quote from: N-Tempest on July 09, 2014, 07:22:07 PM
not sure if it's been mentioned, but my droids seem to be losing their minds to exhaustion and other psychological problems...
There's no way to check their stats

Which version do you have installed? v0.3.2 should have fixed the psychological and exhaustion problems, but it's hard for me to test because it takes a while to get to the stage where they could potentially end up exhausted. And yes I am going to make a crafting droid, along with droids for any of the other skills I have missed (I don't think there are many left? I'll have to check). The household droid does hauling and cleaning, you can tell it what to prioritise in the overiew.
Quote from: Herzer on July 09, 2014, 09:26:05 PM
Yeah so I was looking to try this mod out but I can't get it to work. I download the file but I can't open it properly. I have a video player that registers it as a video and my zip program won't give me anything I can use. All my zip program does is make an infinite loop.
I think this might be a problem on your end. I downloaded the file and it opened fine for me. Maybe try re-installing your zip program?

BetaSpectre

I honestly just want them to stop exploding so I can use them as front line cannon fodder without fear of a "meltdown" Low health doesn't really fit my idea of a kill bot but I understand your reluctance at making these guys too powerful. In game I'd still pay 5x the current price for 4x the health xD.

Currently I use the droids as weapon operators since they don't well have feelings. (They can turn into Spies and rebel lol robot rebellion)
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
                           TO WAR WE GO

mipen

Quote from: BetaSpectre on July 10, 2014, 12:10:29 AM
I honestly just want them to stop exploding so I can use them as front line cannon fodder without fear of a "meltdown" Low health doesn't really fit my idea of a kill bot but I understand your reluctance at making these guys too powerful. In game I'd still pay 5x the current price for 4x the health xD.

Currently I use the droids as weapon operators since they don't well have feelings. (They can turn into Spies and rebel lol robot rebellion)
Yeah I think I will tune down the explosion and increase the health a little, to make them more useful. Is that the spy thing from haplo's misc mod? I haven't been able to properly test them in game yet, spawning them in doesn't give you a good feel for how they are balanced or not

Puch22

Quote from: mipen on July 10, 2014, 02:02:54 AM

Yeah I think I will tune down the explosion and increase the health a little, to make them more useful. Is that the spy thing from haplo's misc mod? I haven't been able to properly test them in game yet, spawning them in doesn't give you a good feel for how they are balanced or not         
-----------------------------------------------------------
(I do not understand the quoting system, sorry.) ~Puch
[/quote]
:P
I think the spy event is a normal incident along with the others, also personally, I can't seem to spawn them in at all when I'm trying out new updates, actually I can't even spawn in a centipede, so it's probably just me.

godbyelol

Figured it out, apparently i had to research the Pneumatic picks also to enable them so now its working almost, when i load a saved game, i recieve like thousand error logs, and rainbow screen :p Almost every colour is filling my screen up :-) Exept from that, great mod!