[MOD] (Alpha 5) Mechanical Defense v0.3.5 --FIXED (by Haplo)

Started by mipen, June 29, 2014, 09:49:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

axenn

This is only a problem with droids.

- i have made an area to build droid, a hub saved many times... no problem
- Electronics circuits falled from the sky... saved no problems.

Each times i save with an active droid, first the menu doesn't closed, then when i load rainbow screen or sometimes the rainy screen (clouds etc).... I noticed at the log screen some words that saids something like
Droid is not ready | try to tick something to 0.

Then that list many object that missed or disapear i dont know, some colonists can't reach points too....

I just want some housekeepers droid :'(

edit:
new experience step by step:
- Take a good backup
- Constructed an android (i think i constructed a first android, but did'nt make a pod to charge it, i have no idea to where it is)
- Save.. menu don't disapear.
- Leave the menu
- Load the previous backup, the good, without test the new.
- Load ok but no interface at all. No menu, no architect menu, nothing.

seonder

I tested the same thing, on several game , every time I built some droids, i save than reload and game wont show up, it make the monitor going in a mesh of color displaing several errors.
I used a devtool too and when I spawn a droid it will disappear and report an error.
I don't know what to do about it.

Sorry for my english. i'm italian

axenn

I use this mod now just for defense, and replace droids by A.M.I droids that look like e.v.e from wall-e and work perfectly. I put the droid factory in stand by.

seonder

Thank you for the new update!!!!
It resolved the problem caused by those droids!

Kneel before you  8)

mipen

Quote from: seonder on July 31, 2014, 07:42:33 AM

Kneel before you  8)
All credit goes to haplo for the fix =]

seonder

Quote from: mipen on July 31, 2014, 08:54:01 AM
Quote from: seonder on July 31, 2014, 07:42:33 AM

Kneel before you  8)

So...thanks to him!!!

All credit goes to haplo for the fix =]

AnddyiRaynor

Do any of the droids haul stuff? I didn't notice it when I used the dev mode to spawn in some as a test.

Thanks haplo for making this mod work again, hopefully alpha 6 doesn't squash it again.

seonder

Quote from: AnddyiRaynor on July 31, 2014, 07:56:05 PM
Do any of the droids haul stuff? I didn't notice it when I used the dev mode to spawn in some as a test.

Thanks haplo for making this mod work again, hopefully alpha 6 doesn't squash it again.

Yes the droids haul things

mipen

Quote from: AnddyiRaynor on July 31, 2014, 07:56:05 PM

Yes, the household droids will haul and clean, you can set the priorities in the overview like for a normal colonist. Apparently alpha 6 is going to be doing a lot of changes to pawns, so it's going to be a lot of work updating this mod for alpha 6 D:

seonder

I've noticed  another glicth, that i think is caused by your droids.
the thing is after i build several of 'em, 10-12, mainly houshold, they will stuck on getting job, and sudden the monitor begin to flicker.

I'm asking if anyone as beeen afflicted by this other than me.

mipen

Quote from: seonder on August 01, 2014, 10:00:30 AM
I've noticed  another glicth, that i think is caused by your droids.
the thing is after i build several of 'em, 10-12, mainly houshold, they will stuck on getting job, and sudden the monitor begin to flicker.

I'm asking if anyone as beeen afflicted by this other than me.

Does the log show it is happening to more than one droid, or just one? Perhaps try drafting and undrafting them, or saving and reloading. If it is just one droid affected and the problem persists, try destroying it and replacing it with another (to replace it with the dev mode, choose try place direct thing and look for 'spawn household droid' or something along that line) If it still happens, could you send me the output log located in the RimWorld/RimWorld492Win_Data folder?

seonder

i saw that it happens to severals droids and also some colonist!
Its like that the hauling order get messed up when you have build lots of droids. I'll send you asap the log file,right now i'm off home,in holiday ;)

user27

how hard would it be to make a spartan-class droid (one that can go up against a centipede and win)?
it would have to be expensive as hell to craft of course
maybe an armored turret base or 2 for the legs, enough electronics for a large bestbuy store, and enough steel for a destroyer and a generous disregard for how much stuff you can pack into a space not much larger then a colonist without making it denser then lead and as heavy as the destroyer that was scrapped for the steel

if its an easy addition then i might be able to do it, but if its hard or complex then i won't be able to do it

buder5

finicu