[1.3] [KV] Faction Control [ModSync RW]

Started by Kiame, September 10, 2018, 07:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sumghai

When running a savegame where the player faction is defined by a mod (e.g. Chicken Plucker's Militaires Sans Frontières), opening the world map triggers the following error message in the debug log:

Tried to get relation between faction RH_PlayerColony_MSF and itself.
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
RimWorld.Faction:RelationWith(Faction, Boolean)
RimWorld.Faction:GoodwillWith(Faction)
FactionControl.Patch_Faction_get_Color:Prefix(Faction, Color&)
RimWorld.Faction:get_Color_Patch1(Object)
RimWorld.Planet.Settlement:get_Material()
RimWorld.Planet.<Regenerate>c__Iterator0:MoveNext()
Verse.GenCollection:ExecuteEnumerable(IEnumerable)
RimWorld.Planet.WorldLayer:RegenerateNow()
RimWorld.Planet.WorldLayer:Render()
RimWorld.Planet.WorldRenderer:DrawWorldLayers()
RimWorld.Planet.World:WorldUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Thoughts, Kiame?

kaonasi

For some reason doesn't even seem to show up in mod options tab.

E-102

Quote from: kaonasi on May 10, 2019, 03:30:58 PM
It doesn't show up for me either

E-102

Quote from: kaonasi on May 10, 2019, 03:30:58 PM
I was using the github version and it didn't show up but it showed up with the direct download version from the first page.

Canute

E-102,
if you download the master of the github, indeed it couldn't work, because it is not the complete work.
You allways should check the releases at Github, before you download the master.

ThiIsMe007

Quote from: Kiame on October 27, 2018, 05:48:35 PM
Update:
-Added a new setting in Main Faction Control - Relations Change Over Time
Disabling this will prevent relations from going down every few days

-Added a text field on Faction Base Density so users can override the value to go as high as they want

Small request if you'd kindly consider it please : is it possible to add a setting to the mod to change the frequency of faction goodwill degradation ? I would like to keep some kind of erosion happening over time and not totally disable it, but as it comes now it's too quick for my tastes.

Even better, could the mod check if there has been some "positive" interaction recently, and if yes, reset the count down ? It has always looked unconvincing to me that after some successful "peace talks" and beneficial faction trades, relations would still keep dropping mechanically, just because.

Great mod otherwise, thank you very much.

JaJe

I really like this mod, but if I play with a large number of factions a strange thing happens:
1. Expecially early game I keep have traders one after all at short time
2. Everytime I get a pop-up with event or raid, my game lags a while

Is it possible to add an option to select the random number of faction between X and Y? Rather than manually edit the number of faction everytime I start a new game I'd like to be randomized between certain values.
I ate without a table and I liked it.

Kiame

Updated for 1.1 - https://github.com/KiameV/rimworld-factioncontrol/releases/download/1.1/FactionControl.zip

I have not tested with alien factions. Let me know if there are any problems with those.

Kiame

Update:
Fixing an issue where Savage tribe count could not be set and Empire was not respecting settings.

Kiame

Update:
Fixed an issue where only one based of each faction was spawning

Kiame

Update:
Fixed an issue wherein the game could run into difficulties if a previously defined Faction could no longer be found.

Kiame

Update:
Setting any faction to 0 will prevent that faction from appearing on a new map

Kiame

Update:
Fixing an issue with dynamic faction colors

Kiame

Beta Version for direct download. I'm looking for feedback by anyone up for trying it:
https://github.com/KiameV/rimworld-factioncontrol/releases/download/1.1/FactionControl.Beta.zip

Changes:
- Density / Settlement Count can be set for each faction type
- Modify faction settings from the Create World window (changes here will not persist, it'll only apply to the world being created)
- Now only 1 mod settings page

Known Issues:
- Faction Control from Create World will sometimes have the mouse's position higher than it should causing the window to not be modifiable easily

Kiame

Update:
Redid the settings for the entire mod. Now only one page.

Each faction now has its own sliders for density and number of settlements as well as if the goodwill toward the player is random.

There is now a button on the Create World page called "Faction Control". This will open the Faction Control settings. Modifying values here will _not_ be saved; only applied to the world being created. If you want to save the settings, open Faction Controls from mod->settings and close it.

For anyone that wants the older version it's still available here: (it will no longer be supported)
https://github.com/KiameV/rimworld-factioncontrol/releases/download/1.1/FactionControl_old.zip