Version 1.0 is content-complete

Started by Tynan, October 01, 2018, 10:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vzoxz0

My guys mostly don't die. When they do there's a damned good reason for it. An inevitable conclusion from a catastrophe, or an incredibly unlucky set of circumstances.

Yoshida Keiji

Caravan request still need better trade offs.

In a full game length, how many of these are worth working on? These keep putting me off and while I got dozens of non-sensical petitions this one in my current game made it to mention level. Whatever the algorithms are... I'm starting to think that the reward should at least be double the value if not more. Shall we start making a screenshot gallery of pathetic level trade requests?

zizard

As you get richer, the value multiplier for the rewards gets worse and worse. So stay poor, that is the theme of rimworld.

Oh also, serums are way too rare. And no that is not a sign that they are correctly rare. ATM you average to see a quest for one once every what 3-4 years? Insane. The mythical average "30 hour" player might never even see one.

bbqftw

yeah most caravan rewards are trash, things like legendary plasteel shelf is just going to give you extra raiders for what?

Kirby23590

I kinda wish that the incapacitated refugee is slightly better or more sensual to get another colonist, it's not really worth it do them, i don't think someone would contact you out for help when they are in 1 meter inside the enemy outpost...

I would prefer the refugee quest to be a bit, more rewarding. Like the refugee is not down but is calling for help because he or she's outnumbered or trapped in a house while he or she's carrying an weapon and the stuff that he or she stole from the group or somehow made the animals mad or woke up the mechanoids.

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Scavenger

If i start a new B19 game will the save transfer over just fine on wed for 1.0..?
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

vzoxz0

Scavenger, I wouldn't bet on it. Start a new one on the unstable and it'll probably be fine though. Haven't had any problems.

fritzgryphon

+1, caravan trades are not worth it.

Even when they offer an item that you want, the profit is usually less than $1000, and sometimes as low as $300.  For reference, a single pawn can produce about 100-500 dollars of added value to goods in a day, depending on their skill and job. Then there's the risk of being ambushed, which is unacceptable at high difficulties.

Wish there were more offers for unique items, like serums and vanometrics. You can do a complete playthrough without seeing one.

5thHorseman

Caravan trades are RARELY worth it. Not never.

20 cowboy hats for a charge rifle before you even have microelectronics? Yes please. 20 components for a jade royal bed? Pass.

Also, sometimes they're like 0.2 days away. You can be there and back before dinner.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Brrainz

Tynan,

So the big day comes and, as I promised, all my mods are fully compatible with B19 and 1.0 at the same time. They are all tested and also tagged with both versions.

Congratulations on the release Tynan. It was an exciting journey so far and I look forward to the future of Rimworld but also for new games that might come.

Rimworld has inspired me to make 10 very successful mods and of course Harmony, which now has over 650 stars on GitHub and is used in countless other games.

Cheers
Andreas Pardeike aka Brrainz
Twitter: @pardeike

Achtung * Camera+ * Careful Raids * Just Ignore Me Passing * MOD-E * No Pause Challenge * Range Finder * Reverse Commands * Same Spot * Zombieland

https://github.com/pardeike
https://steamcommunity.com/id/brrainz/myworkshopfiles/?appid=294100

Dashthechinchilla

This is how I manage my mods with updates.

I try to win first. If I do, I delete all my mods, unsubscribe from them, and wait for the update. If I don't, the day of the update I delete all my mods. I usually then take a 1 to three week break from the game while the new mods come out. Then I shop for new mods, maybe looking for favorites and play again.

I hate dealing with game versions and mod versions and trying to get it to work. So I avoid it altogether with the clean slate method. I have never carried over a save, though I have tested the functionality for the unstable branch.

Zoolder

Wow, I can't believe everyone is so upset about not having a destructive update. It's terrible coding practice, and I think that's where Tynan is coming from. It's not like you're getting paid for these "Subs" on the steam workshop, it just makes you look slimy if you're willing to destroy people's saves so you get more fake internet points.

viperwasp

Anybody know any official times of update tomorrow? Or even estimates. I estimate by 3PM Eastern Standard Time but I don't know how correct or not that is.

Also for anyone who finds it hard to deal with Steams auto update... saves or mods getting broken etc... If you want a possible better solution. Read the forum post I just made. https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=46214.0
Also read the 1st reply I got...
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

Ruisuki

for the prisoner resistance change...when I leave the interaction to 'reduce resistance' in the queu the action my pawn is trying to take is recruit the prisoner...why is this? is it just a text error or WAD? The option to try to recruit isnt clicked and was the talking to prisoners option eliminated?

Vardis

Quote from: Ruisuki on October 16, 2018, 09:34:11 PM
for the prisoner resistance change...when I leave the interaction to 'reduce resistance' in the queu the action my pawn is trying to take is recruit the prisoner...why is this? is it just a text error or WAD? The option to try to recruit isnt clicked and was the talking to prisoners option eliminated?

It's just a text ... well let's call it imprecision.