[MOD] (Alpha 7) Machine Gun Nests

Started by Psyckosama, July 08, 2014, 09:06:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

axenn

Work well but i would to know more about stats...

accuracy etc .. what's the difference with somebody with a minigun and a minigun nest  ?

Inferno canon is effective, that don't make the game too easy. Just think to fertilize area if possible :P

Psyckosama

Quote from: axenn on July 26, 2014, 08:46:22 AM
Work well but i would to know more about stats...

accuracy etc .. what's the difference with somebody with a minigun and a minigun nest  ?

Nothing major, but there is the advantage that the MG nest has about 3 1/2 times the HP as a human pawn.

QuoteInferno canon is effective, that don't make the game too easy. Just think to fertilize area if possible :P

It's not too effective. After all, the good news is you kill everyone else... the bad news is you're looking at a Disco Inferno...

Bog

Quote from: Psyckosama on July 09, 2014, 01:16:34 PM
The M24 on the otherhand... who turret mounts a bolt action Sniper Rifle?  :o
It could be called a "sniper nest" instead of a "sniper turret".

Does that work?  ;)
Divergence of Civilization Lead Developer (in this case that's the fancy way of saying "Only Developer")

Project Armoury Developer (New huge 2.13 Release now live!)

Kitsune

Uhm a little question, i'm not sure that its easy to answer, for the normal turrets i read that they "attract" more raiders. Is it the same with the machine gun nests?  ??? I think it makes sense if the answer is "yes" but i hope someone have made tests or something. :D

By the way, thank you for the nice mod. ;)

BetaSpectre

The defensive value outweights the raider increase as its based off how long you've lived and your colony "wealth"

Trust me you want more guns.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Jerethi50

Would Like to add this to the next version of the All In One Mod, if thats ok :)

Psyckosama

Quote from: Jerethi50 on July 28, 2014, 01:23:10 PM
Would Like to add this to the next version of the All In One Mod, if thats ok :)

Go ahead.

axenn

I combined inferno with stun cannon from mechanical defenses in front of a tunnel where my security system  watch (2 stun cannon 2 inferno, 2 minigun nests and more than 70 turrets... turrets was here at the begining without mods) . All the others doors are locked in case of attack and renforced with a log wall. It's hard to conserve everything ok. Now i can put only those colonists who have a good stats in fire or construction and others do what they want (2/3) .

More than 100 ennemies. With all the ressources needed this is cool cause there is always a challenge.

Xyereth

This is probably my favorite mod so far out of all of the ones on this forum :3 Its nicely balanced, simple and easy to use, and amazingly effective. It was also the first mod I ever got working. If I had a complaint, it would be that the textures look too much like the mortars. But still, amazing mod!~

Psyckosama

Quote from: xyereth on August 05, 2014, 12:04:59 AM
This is probably my favorite mod so far out of all of the ones on this forum :3 Its nicely balanced, simple and easy to use, and amazingly effective. It was also the first mod I ever got working. If I had a complaint, it would be that the textures look too much like the mortars. But still, amazing mod!~

Oh, you're makin' me blush!  ;D

Psyckosama

Buccee

Sounds nice  :D

i give it a try in my next colony!

feedback comes later  :P

Psyckosama

Quote from: Buccee on September 01, 2014, 11:20:04 PM
Sounds nice  :D

i give it a try in my next colony!

feedback comes later  :P

So? Likes?

KnightsCross

Nice mod. i was about to add manned MG nest to my Mod called "the great war
" yeah a world war 1 mod .. but you beat me to it ahaha . cool mod anyways if you dont mind ill take some ideas on your mod just ideas  :D credits of course to you

-cheers

Buccee

Quote from: Psyckosama on September 08, 2014, 01:27:03 AM
So? Likes?

I like it ^^

its not overpowerd or something like that

i don't want complain but maybe it needs a better look :P (some shielding in front of the barrel) so just optical