[MOD] (Alpha 7) Machine Gun Nests

Started by Psyckosama, July 08, 2014, 09:06:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psyckosama

Quote from: KnightsCross on September 08, 2014, 04:22:46 AM
Nice mod. i was about to add manned MG nest to my Mod called "the great war
" yeah a world war 1 mod .. but you beat me to it ahaha . cool mod anyways if you dont mind ill take some ideas on your mod just ideas  :D credits of course to you

-cheers

Go ahead. As long as you don't repackage my mod without credit I'm cool with whatever.

Zeta Omega

So manned mechanoid turrets ......that sound right?

BetaSpectre

This mod is for people who don't want their colonists to die from the rogue bullet to the organ.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Zeta Omega

Quote from: BetaSpectre on September 12, 2014, 11:09:21 PM
This mod is for people who don't want their colonists to die from the rogue bullet to the organ.
Lol....Oh man if I had a dollar for every time that happened

Demo

Could I look at your code and such and add something like this to my mod? I'm working on a mod right now that adds modern things to Rimworld and this would be cool to look at.

Psyckosama

Quote from: Demo on September 21, 2014, 10:48:07 AM
Could I look at your code and such and add something like this to my mod? I'm working on a mod right now that adds modern things to Rimworld and this would be cool to look at.

Sure. It's not like I did anything extraordinary.

Psyckosama

Hoping to have the mod be Alpha 7 ready when the release comes.

Iwillbenicetou

Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Psyckosama

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on September 21, 2014, 09:55:38 PM
You should add pics

Closed your eyes and picture... Mechanoid guns on a morter turret.

There, you've got it.

Iwillbenicetou

I see happiness, joy, a way to kill all the raiders...
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Psyckosama

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on September 21, 2014, 10:23:48 PM
I see happiness, joy, a way to kill all the raiders...

Even more. For version 7 I've tweaked the gun settings to allow for higher ROF. I did some tests and found out that I'd accidentally nerfed the guns when introducing them as mounted weapons.

They're much less pleasant now. And by that I mean "significantly more murderous" :)

Psyckosama

Comparing the originals to carried versions of the weapons showed that the turreted versions had literally half the rate of fire. You will find the turrets in the next version to have a much higher Rate of Fire.

A new version of this mod to be released with Version 7.

Haplo

I've added an intentional reload time to my turret base, because I think that the original colonist usage fire rate is a bit too fast for a turret.. When you compare it to the vanilla turret.. But that's just my thought about it :)

Psyckosama

Quote from: Haplo on September 24, 2014, 12:59:20 AM
I've added an intentional reload time to my turret base, because I think that the original colonist usage fire rate is a bit too fast for a turret.. When you compare it to the vanilla turret.. But that's just my thought about it :)

True, but I've always thought the reload of the vanilla turret was a bit to sluggish. Besides, these turrets are manned which means that there is actually a human being behind it. IF anything it should be a little faster to make up for the fact that it A) explodes and b) is fixed in place.

Psyckosama

Alpha 7! Please read the notes in the OP and give C&C.