[1.0] Rimmunizations

Started by SomewhereOutInSpace, November 24, 2018, 02:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SomewhereOutInSpace

Rimmunizations adds in immunization medications that grant immunity to a specific disease for a year. Later game research can also allow for the creation of bulk doses for all natural diseases or mechanite diseases.

Each dose costs 5 Neutroamine and 250 work to make but lasts an entire year. Great for giving your hospital something to do when nobody's sick or dying.

This mod should integrate fine with existing saves, but cannot be removed unless you delete all items and health effects granted by this mod.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1570428271&searchtext=rimmunizations
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-QH-KI7-y1oMmVM8gjp2HtNMUYGYUE9T/view?usp=sharing
https://github.com/CaptainHaywood/Rimmunizations
Cassandra is my personal punching bag.

Navy1227

A year long immunity to certain diseases? I know a year isn't that long on the Rim, but I feel it should be a bit more expensive than 5 Neutroamine, I'll give it a nerf when I get around to using this.

Thank you for putting it together!

Naji

Great mod idea, but it needs a lot of balancing, because that amount of work with that much material for that long is just as easy as deactivating the whole system of getting a disease!, don't you agree?!.

Canute

And a second resource/product for each wouldn't hurt either.
Like Luci for some mechanites infection.
Smokeleaf/Psychoid leaves for some easy infections.

CaptainHaywood,
all download links are wrong formated.
You should check them self.

SomewhereOutInSpace

Quote from: Canute on November 24, 2018, 06:56:06 AM
And a second resource/product for each wouldn't hurt either.
Like Luci for some mechanites infection.
Smokeleaf/Psychoid leaves for some easy infections.

CaptainHaywood,
all download links are wrong formated.
You should check them self.

Fixed the links, looking into secondary resources.

sidfu

this is to OP in its current form. it should be imminty for 5 days. with a rare variation that can be found thru quests only.

SomewhereOutInSpace

Quote from: sidfu on November 24, 2018, 10:04:12 PM
this is to OP in its current form. it should be imminty for 5 days. with a rare variation that can be found thru quests only.

I was thinking of reducing it to 1 quadrum so it can fit in the drug scheduler.

M00nStalker

1 quadrum and more expensive would make sense.

What would be really awesome would be to have a new work type for doctors, immunizing people in the hospital. That would make it use up time both for the one giving the shot and the one receiving it as well as resources. If it takes take one hour to get one patient all (or some) shots it would still be quite a time sink for the doctor, in a 10 colonist colony it would take about one day every quadrum. That's not an insignificant amount of time. One could even have varying time for varying shots, a flu shot could take 15 minutes while one preventing mechanites could take an hour.

In a big colony it would be a full time job, especially if your doctor is the one crafting the stuff too.