[1.0] Zetrith's Multiplayer

Started by Zetrith, December 16, 2018, 11:11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MythicalDoggo

I really wanna try this mod out but was curious as to if you could port it over to the steam workshop. This is not actually my computer so I can't download stuff off of google. So if you could port this over to the steam workshop it would be greatly appreciatied

Bozobub

Quote from: Bluntflame on December 16, 2018, 04:55:20 PM.
Player's username: CODEX
You're not very smart, are you?  Seriously, posting the crash log from a pirated game on the devs' server is incredibly boneheaded.
Thanks, belgord!

cppdude

Quote from: Bozobub on February 23, 2019, 11:06:29 AM
You're not very smart, are you?  Seriously, posting the crash log from a pirated game on the devs' server is incredibly boneheaded.

I mean, for it to be boneheaded there would have to be some sort of repercussion, right? What's the dev gonna do, suspend his game license? Btw I don't mean to support piracy here.

Bozobub

It's a great way to a) get zero help and b) garner an instaban.  NOT terribly useful, I'd aver, although you might disagree.

Furthermore, yes, it IS a stupid flub, even if there's no direct consequences; s/he is the one who posted that log, of course, and could have simply edited it, FFS.  Lazy, silly pirate fail ::) :P...
Thanks, belgord!

samuk190

Quote from: cppdude on February 23, 2019, 05:15:34 PM

I mean, for it to be boneheaded there would have to be some sort of repercussion, right? What's the dev gonna do, suspend his game license? Btw I don't mean to support piracy here.

I dont think piracy is bad as people say..
the dev vs piracy costs more money than the piracy itself.

I pirated the game, but I bought it later to help the dev.

Gather

What is the current state here? Am I able to play multiplayer with custom mods when both install the same?

Canute

Some mod's work, some doesn't you need to try it out.

r4NGe

Any way to get a AI Persona core in multi?

Gather

@r4NGe
Simply via item stash world quests. Got two in my coop run yesterday.

MaskOfInfamy

Hi guys,

I have a problem with the mod, it binds my ip (direct and lan) to my local ip even when i'm using hamachi. I could not find anything that could help me solve that problem. Any ideas ?

Sorry for my poor english.

Drglord

Quote from: samuk190 on February 24, 2019, 06:27:22 PM
Quote from: cppdude on February 23, 2019, 05:15:34 PM

I dont think piracy is bad as people say..
the dev vs piracy costs more money than the piracy itself.

I pirated the game, but I bought it later to help the dev.

Calm down there i also have 2 copies of rimworld yet i still use the pirated version SOME times (at least in the past) because with the original you got screwed when you had no internet and could not use mods or even continue a game with mods. Also about 2 years ago i was ONLY using the pirated because for some reason the original that i had bought was bugged out but i didn't care cause i buy the games to support the dev. Anyway i am all for piracy if you are to see if the game is worth it after all you should really buy ESPECIALLY a game like rimworld where you are expected to reach 2.000 hours into it. That is all no need to be abrasive :)

togfox

Just reporting that I suspect GEAR UP & GO causes desync issues. I haven't quite nailed that down so I won't say 100%. Would love someone to share their experience with this.

togfox

Also reporting that Colony Manager causes desync issues. You can start a game with it and build a managers table but as soon as you start to set up jobs/thresholds something kicks in and desync happens.

You can add Colony Manager to the game and build a table but I highly recommend not setting up any jobs/goals (which makes this pointless).

Noting this here because the Google Spreadsheet says it's compatible. It's not.  Cheers.

AshbornK9

Quote from: togfox on March 03, 2019, 04:32:05 AM
Also reporting that Colony Manager causes desync issues. You can start a game with it and build a managers table but as soon as you start to set up jobs/thresholds something kicks in and desync happens.

You can add Colony Manager to the game and build a table but I highly recommend not setting up any jobs/goals (which makes this pointless).

Noting this here because the Google Spreadsheet says it's compatible. It's not.  Cheers.

Do the other mods by that author suffer from the same issue? Because I'm using them and I've noticed plenty of desync
A canine born from the Ashes of the wasteland.

Click here:

togfox

The multiplayer wiki outlines some mods that will work, some that might and some that probably won't. I'm not surprised CM doesn't work out-of-the-box because it is well beyond an XML edit, but the spreadsheet says it does so I tried. Posting a PSA for others that see that spreadsheet.

I use many other mods that work just fine - so far.