[1.1] No Job Authors (remake of Finish The Damn Thing)

Started by Transcend, January 21, 2019, 07:25:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Transcend

Description
If a pawn is machining/fabricating and gives up halfway through to go perform some other task, you are left with an "Unfinished Thing" that is linked to that author. This mod seeks to remove that link, allowing any pawn to finish the job that was started by another.

It should be compatible with any mod that generates unfinished things (eg. Core Drill, etc).

Download
https://github.com/dougbenham/no-job-authors/releases/latest

Holvr

All hail Transcend!

A functionality that should've been vanilla to begin with.

Thank you.

moonra

This is extremely useful and I'm surprised there wasn't a mod for this yet. Is it safe to add to existing saves? Should I delete/finish unfinished stuff first?

Bunkier

In my opinion it should still say who made it or atleast include names of those pawns.

Transcend

Quote from: moonra on January 22, 2019, 06:33:18 PM
This is extremely useful and I'm surprised there wasn't a mod for this yet. Is it safe to add to existing saves? Should I delete/finish unfinished stuff first?
Its safe to use at any time. If you have some unfinished things already, there might be a visual bug where it says the initial author's name still but no broken functionality.
Quote from: sma342 on January 22, 2019, 06:53:57 PM
In my opinion it should still say who made it or atleast include names of those pawns.
That would be a cool thing to add! A little list of all those that have worked on it.

Man_Jones

Definitely useful for either products that do not have a quality or if you don't care about the quality and just need the thing made asap.

Sixdd

This looks great, finally my dead pawns half-finished projects can be completed :)
Out of curiosity, what decides a finished item's quality?

Canute

From my player's expierence,
the skill,health and status of the current crafter when they finish the job.

Lex Silvas

Best Mod ever. Now my colonist will finally finish their task instead of wandering and telling there's not much to do. Thanks Mate  ;) ;)
XoXo

Adil

This one needs a better spotlight. It is really a shame that this one is getting lost in the crowd. It is sometimes useful.
At least put something like "remake of Finish The Damn Thing" in title or mention it in the OP, maybe then this thread will be findable through google.

Transcend

Quote from: Sixdd on January 29, 2019, 01:26:44 AM
This looks great, finally my dead pawns half-finished projects can be completed :)
Out of curiosity, what decides a finished item's quality?
As Canute stated, the pawn to finish the item will decide the quality.

Quote from: Adil on February 04, 2019, 07:44:26 PM
This one needs a better spotlight. It is really a shame that this one is getting lost in the crowd. It is sometimes useful.
At least put something like "remake of Finish The Damn Thing" in title or mention it in the OP, maybe then this thread will be findable through google.
Thanks Adil, I adjusted the title. I wasn't aware there was a similar mod already existing!

Spaltersar

Really big thanx for that 1.0 mod. Absolute must have.

Dr_Zhivago

henk

But what if my workbench setting says different?
There is an option in almost every workbench to only let certain people do this task. What if I chose person A to work on this project only (because of highest skill). Will person B still work on it after it was paused by A with this addon (because it was changed to everyone)?
Or does the workbench setting overwrite the mod setting?

Dr_Zhivago

Quote from: henk on March 08, 2019, 12:54:26 AM
But what if my workbench setting says different?
There is an option in almost every workbench to only let certain people do this task. What if I chose person A to work on this project only (because of highest skill). Will person B still work on it after it was paused by A with this addon (because it was changed to everyone)?
Or does the workbench setting overwrite the mod setting?

If you select a job to be worked by only one person, then only that person will do that job. If the job is set to "everyone" then everyone can work on the same project, without making 10 different unfinished products.