[1.3] [v0.9.1-WIP] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - Nightly build is ready for testing!

Started by NinjaSiren, February 25, 2019, 10:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What vehicle do you want me to add?

Wheelbarrow/Wagon
15 (36.6%)
Sedan/Car/SUV
12 (29.3%)
Real vehicles?
14 (34.1%)
Motorcycle
22 (53.7%)
Red Alert vehicles?
8 (19.5%)
Comment on the forum.
2 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Potato211

Quote from: NinjaSiren on September 05, 2019, 07:05:50 PM
Quote from: Potato211 on September 05, 2019, 03:29:08 PM
Quote from: NinjaSiren on September 04, 2019, 09:29:46 PM
Quote from: Potato211 on September 04, 2019, 02:50:22 PM
Quote from: NinjaSiren on September 04, 2019, 02:15:13 PM
Quote from: Potato211 on September 04, 2019, 01:54:57 PM
So i made an account just to ask this: I'm trying to form a caravan with my truck loaded with three of my colonists but when i go to select the route after selecting the truck in the form caravan window it says "you must assign at least one non downed colonist vehicle". What am i doing wrong?
When make sure you got 1 colonist not inside the vehicle in the caravan. Vehicles are considered animals when in caravans. Makes sure as well as undraft the vehicle before doing caravans.

That's what i've been doing. It's sad to see the tiles per day go down from 88 when i add someone on foot. Anyway to circumvent that?
When make sure you got 1 colonist not inside the vehicle in the caravan. Vehicles are considered animals when in caravans. Makes sure as well as undraft the vehicle before doing caravans.

Sorry, we cannot circumvent that yet. That issue is part of [O21] Vehicle Framework that this mod needs to work.

It is written in the codes of [O21].

What if i manually buff the vehicle's speed through the mod files. Is that possible?

You can, but you still need 1 pawn outside the vehicle. Will it change caravan speeds?

I'm currently testing it. Right now my pawn kinda can't assemble the truck, the build bar on the crate just doesn't fill.

Edit: I was able to build the truck and i've concluded that in order to get a speed above 30-40 you need to increase the speed by a ludicrous amount and pick the right pawn to walk alongside it. It's doable tho and it works for me since i tend to handicap myself when i do this sort of modifications.

File:       <MoveSpeed>50.5</MoveSpeed>
In-game: 705
Average speed with pawn: 36-50

NinjaSiren

Quote from: Potato211 on September 05, 2019, 08:38:27 PM
So i made an account just to ask this: I'm trying to form a caravan with my truck loaded with three of my colonists but when i go to select the route after selecting the truck in the form caravan window it says "you must assign at least one non downed colonist vehicle". What am i doing wrong?

That's what i've been doing. It's sad to see the tiles per day go down from 88 when i add someone on foot. Anyway to circumvent that?

Sorry, we cannot circumvent that yet. That issue is part of [O21] Vehicle Framework that this mod needs to work.

What if i manually buff the vehicle's speed through the mod files. Is that possible?

You can, but you still need 1 pawn outside the vehicle. Will it change caravan speeds?

I'm currently testing it. Right now my pawn kinda can't assemble the truck, the build bar on the crate just doesn't fill.

Edit: I was able to build the truck and i've concluded that in order to get a speed above 30-40 you need to increase the speed by a ludicrous amount and pick the right pawn to walk alongside it. It's doable tho and it works for me since i tend to handicap myself when i do this sort of modifications.

705 squares per ticks, wow that's a big number. Im guessing it's too fast in the zoomed in (ie. Bases, outposts.)
[v0.83.4] [v1.0] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - A somewhat* new way to travel the planet!

Hjkma

Why not just use the giddy up and send a rider with a horse to the caravan?

Potato211

Quote from: NinjaSiren on September 06, 2019, 09:52:45 AM
Quote from: Potato211 on September 05, 2019, 08:38:27 PM

705 squares per ticks, wow that's a big number. Im guessing it's too fast in the zoomed in (ie. Bases, outposts.)

Not really since it boils down to 25-35 when there is someone on foot and terrain penalties. Maybe up to 40 on roads. Still good tho.

NinjaSiren

I was wondering, to add abit of complexity in the weapons and vehicle production. (ie. to make a vehicle, you will need to make the following items first before assembling: (engine, wheels, etc.)  ???
[v0.83.4] [v1.0] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - A somewhat* new way to travel the planet!

Canute

Personaly i wouldn't like it.
You can produce weapon at once too, without crafting parts first (like Hardcore SK modpack).

NinjaSiren

Quote from: Canute on September 07, 2019, 04:22:58 AM
Personaly i wouldn't like it.
You can produce weapon at once too, without crafting parts first (like Hardcore SK modpack).

So its better off not adding additional parts? Ie. almost instant production.

Canute

IMO, yes.
Nothing against when you made a version with parts and i don't think it is to much trouble to made a simple one too. So people can decide.
But wouldn't you need for each vehicle a different engine, wheels,gearbox,....
Or do you want modular setup. Then you need at example multiple engine's for a vehicle.

makute

Quote from: Canute on September 07, 2019, 06:33:45 AM
Or do you want modular setup. Then you need at example multiple engine's for a vehicle.
That kind of customization would be really cool. Like, giving the player the chance to choose which weapon mount on a vehicle. Maybe heavier guns and armor could make them slower, and viceversa.

NinjaSiren

Quote from: makute on September 07, 2019, 08:50:39 AM
Quote from: Canute on September 07, 2019, 06:33:45 AM
That kind of customization would be really cool. Like, giving the player the chance to choose which weapon mount on a vehicle. Maybe heavier guns and armor could make them slower, and viceversa.

Closer to this modular setup, ie. multiple parts per vehicle.

And it looks like neronix17 did alot of updates on the vehicle framework! Love it!

[O21] Vehicle Framework fixes and updates so far:

v0.4
  • Added bool to DefModExt_RenderWeaponExt (weaponCardinalDirection) which, when true, will force the direction of a vehicles weapon to face the direction the vehicle is facing when not in use. (Default: False)
  • Added Toggle for both repairing and refueling so you can prevent pawns using resources for this.
  • Fixed an issue with destroyed/shattered parts never repairing, while making the repair code more efficient.
  • Vehicles now reset faction when downed, though if the enemy leaves before it is downed it will remain owned by them, and I'm working on having it claimable by the player when in that state.

v0.4.2
  • Fixed a conflict with AllowTool causing the caravan forming screen to show blank.
  • Fixed a conflict with Ignite Everything causing vehicles to become unusable when drafted.
  • Fixed a bug which said undrafting of a vehicle was always due to low fuel.

v0.4.3
  • Fixed issue with caravan screen when multiple vehicles could be added to the caravan.

Basically, this mod is now compatible with Allow Tool and Ignite Everything.

NinjaSiren

v0.8b3 (Mini-patch #1)

• Added compatibility with Allow Tool and Ignite Everything mods. ([O21] Vehicle Framework compatibility fixed.)
  • Nerfed vehicle and vehicle parts box market values.
  • Buffed fuel consumption of all vehicles.
  • Added weaponCardinalDirection as stated for v0.4 of [O21] Vehicle Framework for weapon facing fix from sideward to forward when not in use.
  • Added weapon ammo gizmo to show the amount of ammo a given weapon has.
  • Added CompProperties_CompSlotLoadable for ammo for weapons based from JecsTools CompSlotLoadable. Not yet working completely.

No downloads yet!

NinjaSiren

v0.8b.2

• Added Naval Cannon. (Dual 280mm cannon!)
  • Added new Combat Extended only ammo types. (88mm, 120mm, and 280mm (Only a one patch forever over the Combat Extended folder))
  • Added new raid strategies with no drop pods for vehicles only. (Fixes enemy raids with vehicles with no driver/passenger/gunner when its on drop pods.)
  • Fixed raids patches for the new strategies.
  • Added compatibility with Allow Tool and Ignite Everything mods. ([O21] Vehicle Framework compatibility fixed.)
  • Nerfed vehicle and vehicle parts box market values.
  • Buffed fuel consumption of all vehicles.
  • Added weaponCardinalDirection as stated for v0.4 of [O21] Vehicle Framework for weapon facing fix from sideward to forward when not in use.

Link: Download

makute

Quote from: NinjaSiren on September 07, 2019, 12:13:25 PM
    • Vehicles now reset faction when downed, though if the enemy leaves before it is downed it will remain owned by them, and I'm working on having it claimable by the player when in that state.
    this mod is now compatible with... ...Ignite Everything.
    Witness me!! :D

Hjkma

To add defs to Combat Expanded, it is possible using LoadOnDemand.dll. Read this topic:
    https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=49088.0
    There is no need to require players to copy files to the Combat Extended folder themselves. When you make a release in Steam, the players most likely will not read the description completely and will assume that they have installed the mod completely at the touch of a button, and will massively complain about a broken CE, it is better to avoid this.

NinjaSiren

Quote from: Hjkma on September 07, 2019, 05:34:46 PM
    To add defs to Combat Expanded, it is possible using LoadOnDemand.dll. Read this topic:
    https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=49088.0
    There is no need to require players to copy files to the Combat Extended folder themselves. When you make a release in Steam, the players most likely will not read the description completely and will assume that they have installed the mod completely at the touch of a button, and will massively complain about a broken CE, it is better to avoid this.

It won't break CE.
    Remember all those xpaths and the PatchOperationFindMod. It just adds 3 new ammo one time patch.

But I'll look into this.