[1.5] Replimat 1.5.0 (16 Mar 2024) - Distributed food replicator system

Started by sumghai, April 17, 2019, 05:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sumghai

Replimat has been updated for RimWorld 1.0.2231 - see first post for download link.

Version 1.0.4 - 26 April 2019
---------------------
- Add additional ways to obtain Isolinear Computing Modules
    - Exotic trader caravans
    - Item stash rewards

Canute

Quote- Add additional ways to obtain Isolinear Computing Modules
Whats about adding custom events ?
After finishing the research, he could identify positions of locations with isolinear technology.
- crashed ship sites guard by mechanoids, the wreck drop a chip when deconstructed.
- ancient outpost, overtook by raiders. Maybe a working replimat computer or old installtation that drop a chip when deconstructed.

sumghai

Quote from: Canute on April 26, 2019, 02:19:46 AM- crashed ship sites guard by mechanoids, the wreck drop a chip when deconstructed.
Mechanoid ships are not designed with facilities to support human crews (like Replimats), and so any crashed Mechanoid ship parts would not contain Isolinear Computing Modules.

Quote from: Canute on April 26, 2019, 02:19:46 AM
- ancient outpost, overtook by raiders. Maybe a working replimat computer or old installtation that drop a chip when deconstructed.
Replimat technology is a relatively recent development, and is not something that can be found in the ruins of ancient civilizations, no matter how advanced they once were.

You seem to be treating the Isolinear Computing Module simply as a magical macguffin and a means to an end, without considering the context behind its existence - which is explained quite clearly in the in-game description for the item.

An Isolinear Computing Module is specifically designed by Glitterworld engineers to hold the molecular patterns of a wide range of food and beverages. The extremely high volume of data and processing capability requires advanced optical and holographic circuits, which are made from polymers, glass and semiconductors using cleanroom equipment such as photolithography and DRIE. None of this is readily available on Urbworlds, Midworlds and Rimworlds, so it's impossible for colonies to make them from scratch.

This leaves trading as the main way to obtain Isolinear Modules. I limited their availability to orbital exotic traders, and later exotic caravans and item stash rewards, because it is plausible for caravans to have obtained them from orbital traders themselves in the first place. Bulk goods and pirate traders won't stock them because the iten is useless abd worthless to them (they simply cannot comprehend its purpose and value beyond "green crystal cube thing").

Adding other ways to get Isolinear Modules beyond what I have right now will make building Replimats far too easy, relative to how overpowered it is at automating the feeding of large colonies.

If you still feel that it's not easy enough to obtain an Isolinear Module, you can write your own xpath patch to either allow it to be crafted (and go against its intended background), or remove the cost requirement from Replimat Computers.

Canute

QuoteAdding other ways to get Isolinear Modules beyond what I have right now will make building Replimats far too easy, relative to how overpowered it is at automating the feeding of large colonies.

It is just annoying frustration for a first time user of that mod when theynotice that they need the chip for that computer, and the only way to get the chip is from excotic good orbital trader (ok now from caravan too).

If you allready know that, you will buy that chip if you would set them at a trader just for later use when you see one for sale.
So it isn't that hard to obtain the chip, you just need some luck when you got the silver.

From the engineer view, i can't understood how i could research such a technology when i can't build the nessesary components. It is like you researched a computer without the integrated circuit technology before.
Isn't the need of the chip a requirement for the research then ?

Why not an chip without database, then feed the terminal with samplemeal. Then either you can get only these samplemeal of the the terminal, or it is geting added to the new database.

Or remove the chip complete and let the excotic good trader straight sell the computer, without the other parts the computer is worthless anyway (maybe together with a NPD, you geting simple meal's instead of nutri meals out of the NPD:-) ).

Edit:
I just notice at the latest Github release, you miss a modfolder inside the archive.

sumghai

Canute, I will no longer be answering questions regarding availability/researchability of Replimat technology.

As for the "missing" mod folder in the GitHub release, I deliberately did not include the source code in the download, as it is not needed to run the mod. The source is still available in the repository.

Canute

Don't worry sumghai, i don't will do ask anymore.

You missunderstood my with the github release.
I don't spoke about the source. It is the filestructure or a service.
You got
Replimat.zip
- About
- Assemblies

But it should looks like
Replimat.zip
-Replimat
--About
--Assemblies

So people just need to unzip into Mods without creating a folder for the mod first.
Just a little service for unexpierenced people.

sumghai

Quote from: Canute on April 30, 2019, 05:21:36 AM
You missunderstood my with the github release.
I don't spoke about the source. It is the filestructure or a service.
Next time, make it clear what you're asking.

Since this is a non-gamebreaking issue, I'll put them inside a Replimat folder in the next release.

just_a_random

How am I suposed to change the food recipe? it only shows survival meals.
I already built everything.

sumghai

Quote from: just_a_random on May 07, 2019, 04:49:33 PM
Replimat uses the game's built-in food restriction system to customize what meals each colonist is allow to eat. Pawns will automatically select a random meal from the list of meals allowed by their current policy.

To modify food restrictions, go to Assign -> Manage food restrictions, and configure the meal policy from there.

The Batch Survival Meals button is only used for preparing caravans or emergency stockpiles.

Canute

The Survival meals are only to spawn for caravan/solar flare use.
You can create these for later use. And i don't think you got a better meal recipe for this.

Normaly your pawn's automatical use the terminal if they seek for food. They geting randomly one of the best meal's from their food policy.

just_a_random

Quote from: sumghai on May 07, 2019, 05:14:17 PM
Replimat uses the game's built-in food restriction system to customize what meals each colonist is allow to eat. Pawns will automatically select a random meal from the list of meals allowed by their current policy.

To modify food restrictions, go to Assign -> Manage food restrictions, and configure the meal policy from there.

The Batch Survival Meals button is only used for preparing caravans or emergency stockpiles.
So colonists go to the terminal themselves and get food, ok I get it now thanks

sumghai

Replimat has been updated for RimWorld 1.0.2231 - see first post for download link.

Version 1.0.5 - 11 May 2019
---------------------
- Fix Hopper FX incorrectly showing across different maps

sumghai

Version 1.0.6 - 26 May 2019
---------------------
- Fix transparency matte for all textures

rawrfisher

Would an option to allow visitors to use a replimat be reasonable?

Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

sumghai

Quote from: rawrfisher on May 25, 2019, 10:20:29 PM
Would an option to allow visitors to use a replimat be reasonable?
In theory, visitors from both the stock game and Orion's Hospitality mod can already use Replimat Terminals.

In practice, all visitor pawns usually bring their own food, which they will always prioritize eating from first over Replimats and any other food source. I could probably patch all visitor pawns to not bring food, but I don't know what adverse effects may come from doing so.