[1.0] Go Explore!

Started by Albion, June 09, 2019, 11:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Lost Bunker
Trader recently discover the entrance to an old abandon bunker.
They didn't explore them self because insect already claimed it.
The bunker only appear on mountainous biome, and is basic similar to Infested city.
(Maybe it can happen at any biome too. But the event map is an underground map)

But compared to the city you can freely explore, you can build up a pathway with increased difficult and create a dungeon system at this way.
Like a entrance room with 3-5 hive's.
2 connected room's/area with the same difficult, i suggest a barrack/hospital there.
1 deeper room with 5-10 hives.
again 2 connected rooms with 5-10 hives, maybe 2 more rooms behind these.
And at last the command centre, with some rare goodies.

Albion

I was actually planning something similar with the hidden cave event.
It depends on getting the map generation running properly. It'll require quite a bit of work but if I got it running I'll implement it.

I'm also looking for some great event ideas that not necessarily require an actual map but just a point on the map similar to the vanilla peace talks event.

@Mehni: thanks for the praise. I'm doing my best and think the mod will be great once it's fully implemented.

Progress report: progress has been quick the last week. Due to the heatwave in central Europe and the demands of my job I probably can't keep this speed but I'll try my best.
Mehni is helping me with the new prison camp event and I already implemented the new settlement event.

Canute

The peace talk event is the one i never do. :-)
I rather patch up the raider and release them if i want peace with that faction. So i don't need to do a caravan.
But i know others like them.

But what's about a
Hire mercenary/Mercenary Camp
A strong miltary force camped at the area.
For alot of silver they will attack any location.
Basicly they will do any other event's for you.
If you have an Item stash, you can send out the mercenary, and they will deliver the items to you.
The mercenary camp will settle next to your colony, less then 1 travel day (or 1-2 tiles).
They start with a special strenght, and when they succesful do a job for you, their strenght raise.
You basicly could send them straight to another settlement, but they would fail.

If you don't gave them any job for a year, they will move on.
As second option you can send them a distriss signal over the com console, so they come to help on your map ofcourse for some silver too.

Kori

This mod looks very promising with some really good ideas!

Vehicular_Zombicide

I've got a few ideas for possible events

- Nuclear Meltdown: A ship/nuclear reactor has been damaged and is releasing radioactive particles into the air. Nuclear Fallout conditions will occur in waves, with each wave becoming longer lasting than the last with shorter intervals between waves as time goes on until the reactor is sealed.

- Slave Uprising: A nearby settlement is experiencing a slave rebellion and requests your help. Side with the slaves and kill the slaveowners and the slaves will join you/give you loot, or side with the slaveowners and kill the slaves for increased faction reputation.

- Military Aid Request: A friendly settlement is under attack by raiders and requests that you send soldiers to help defend them.

- Enemy Caravan: An enemy faction supply convoy has been spotted nearby. Attack it to obtain its cargo of weapons, drugs, or resources.

Albion

Sorry for the week long silence but work is pretty busy right now and the heat wave in central Europe wasn't good for progress either ;)

Progress is still being made and I hope to bring you the next event soonTM.

Your ideas are interesting. I might rework some of them into an event.
Keep them coming!

What would you guys think of an event that requires you to go someplace (maybe a nearby settlement) to help a non-hostile faction that is struggling with some research?
If you send a competent researcher you get a small relationship bonus, the pawn some research experience and maybe some research points towards your current (or a random open) research project.
Basically similar to the peace talks from vanilla or the doctor request from my Sparkling Worlds mod but with research.

Canute

Ach so heiß war es doch gar nicht (wenn man im keller lebt wie ich) :-)

That event is basicly like peace talk or similar from MFI just with research.
Normaly i wouldn't send out my reasearcher for that, since i need him to do my own researches.
But when you got research points too (i think it should be points for a random unfinished project) i would overthink it.

Then you could do a similar quest for doctoring. Some settlement got a plaque and need medical assistance.
You can deliver extra herbal or medicine and geting good extra cash or when you deliver a special amount you geting some rare item.
The doctor can choose between silver,food or random (minor) rare item on a succesful task.

And the same again for crafting/building.

Albion

@Canute: Richtig, aber bei über 30°C programmiere ich nicht mehr so gerne sondern esse lieber Eis und liege unterm Baum im Garten.
------------------
As I already mentioned I got the doctor request event already implemented in Sparkling Worlds.
I also don't want to create a ton of skill-related request events. That could fill a whole mod by itself ;)

I think I'll just go with the research request. I'll have to see if it is actually possible to apply research points to unfinished open research but if there is a way I'll implement it.

Thanks to ChickenPlucker there is now an actual preview for the mod. I'll add it to the mod with the next "update".
The preview might still change though.

Albion

I updated the current stable version to now include a new event:

Research request
A non-hostile factions is stuck with a problem and is requesting your best researcher to help them out.
If you send a good researcher you will end up with a boost to your relationship and some research points to a random unfinished research.

As usual you can download the latest stable version from this link.

I feel like the end is in sight.
The prison camp event still needs quite a bit of work and bug fixing and I still need to create most of the hidden cave event but this should be done in the coming weeks.
Except if I get some more awesome ideas for great events I think I'll call this mod done and publish it, once those last events are implemented.
I expect this release to happen by end of July, maybe early August depending on the speed of progress.

On a semi-related note: I decided that this will probably be my last Rimworld mod. I'll obviously continue to support all my mods but probably not develop any additional features.
The reason for this is that I don't play much Rimworld myself anymore and part of my main motivation was to create great mods I would/could use myself. Additionally my job got way more time consuming and my first child will be born in a few months so I won't have much time for modding anyway.

Albion

Development is finishing up!
The prison camp event still needs some work but will be done in the coming days.

I settled on next Wednesday (24.07.) as the final release date and will finish up work by then.

The prison camp event will be released with the final version.

Release will happen both on Steam and Nexusmods. I'll post the links in this topic.

The hidden cave event is discontinued for now. Maybe I'll pick it up later and add it to the mod but I won't promise anything.

If you have feedback to the mod please feel free to post it. I'm always looking for ways on how to improve the balance.

BladeOfSharpness

Oh my! I'm an explorer at heart and seeing a mod about that, that's too good to be true!

Please tell me it will work with CE though...

Kirby23590

Cool! I like kinda wandering around and doing quests but actually doing some exploring for amazing stuff and loot!

I wonder if there would be secret and abandoned laboratories? I can't wait to wonder into lost cities or kill those insects in those infested cites just for those treasures and loot!

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Albion

I'm glad that you're as excited as I am about the mod.

And yes! The mod is fully CE compatible. However the ship core startup mod will fuck you up. The ship is defended by at least 6 mortars which are very deadly in CE.

Abandoned laboratories are unfortunately not specifically part of the mod but might be implemented in a future update. You'll have enough to explore without them though. Especially if combined with other event mods like Sparkling Worlds or More Faction Interaction this fleshes out the lore and expands on opportunities to go out and explore the world.

BladeOfSharpness

Yes exactly, I already use Sparking Worlds and all events mods possible and compatible, and I must say, the Rimworld is alive with events that are very diverse. In fact I seldom have twice the same event.

With your addition, it will be even better and I can't wait adding it.

Aaah, I forgot, can it be added to an ongoing game?

Albion

Yeah you can add the mod to an existing savegame.
The mod is fully compatible with most mods and savegames.

Stay tuned for the release in about a week