Short Range Transport Ships Expanded (SRTS)

Started by Neceros, September 26, 2019, 07:23:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neceros

These are flying caravans, meant to load people and cargo and bring it somewhere else -- potentially a very long distance, and back again. These act like drop pods, but are not one use -- when you bring it back home you choose where to land and disembark.

Great for hauling cargo, trading with factions, assaulting points of interest on your world map, and so much more. Acts as both a caravan and a drop pod.

Three additional short range transport shuttles (or SRTS) so you really can fly across the whole world and back again. Both ships require their own research project, and they're not cheap. Want to add your own? No problem! Support for unlimited types of ships.

Add it to a save.

SRTS is not required, but works well with SRTS Expanded!

Thank you to Aquamarine for ship graphics!

The Albatross
Originally designed for exoplanetary exploration, a stripped down Albatross X-11 makes for a perfect SRTS replacement.

Carry weight: 4,000
Fuel tank: 1,600L
Fuel Efficiency: 20% better than SRTS
Total HP: 2,000
Work to build: 15,000

Recipe: 1200 steel, 240 plasteel, 150 gold, 16 components, 5 advanced components.

The Phoenix
This design washed up in our databanks a long time ago, but it wasn't until recently that we understood what it meant. This new ship design uses an intricate chemical process to infuse the building materials with a mesh-network, effectively removing the need for many ship-components we use today.

Carry weight: 6,000
Fuel tank: 2,000L
Fuel Efficiency: 25% better than SRTS
Total HP: 3,500
Work to build: 32,000

Recipe: 800 steel, 450 plasteel, 150 gold, 100 neutroamine, 20 components, 10 advanced components.

SRTF
A simple freighter design used across nearly every homeworld. It's very large.

Carry weight: 15,000
Fuel tank: 5,000L
Fuel Efficiency: 10% worse than SRTS
Total HP: 6,000
Work to build: 32,000

Recipe: 2000 steel, 150 plasteel, 350 gold, 18 components, 2 advanced components.

Want something more modern?
Try out CP's Get To The Chopper! Immersive helicopters instead of ships!

WARNING:

• You must have a pilot in the caravan. At least one person must go on the caravan. If you don't, you will lose the shuttle and it will act like a drop pod.
  • If you choose the "Gift" option when launching your shuttle, you will give the faction your shuttle and EVERYTHING inside. Just like a drop pod.
  • If you try to land too close to the edge of the map your shuttle may vanish. Leave a few blocks around your landing point to avoid this.

Do the ships seem too cheap?
You may like my Realism Patch for this mod. It increases the build cost substantially.

FAQ
Q: Where are the things I loaded into my ship? They disappeared.
A: Check the inventories of the pawns that went on the trip. I bet you they have it.

Q: When I land my ship it always points north!
A: Yes. I'm sorry. As far as I can tell there's no way to save the orientation of the ships once they launch. I tried to make up for this by making the building sizes square, even though the ships clearly aren't. A small give and take for having something like this in RimWorld.

Q: I don't like the ship graphics. Can I change the textures?
A: Yes. Look in the mod's folder (SteamLibrary\steamapps\workshop\content\294100\1845423808) and find the Textures folder.

You will find a bunch of sprites. Rename the one you like to the name it should be "Albatross", "Phoenix", and "SRTF" are looked for by the code (with the _north, _south, _east added). Change whatever you want to look like whatever you want, even outside graphics not included here.

Make sure your sprites are 500x500 pixels.

Conflicts
- Multiplayer mod: You will not be able to actually load anything into the ship. It won't work. Sorry.
- Vanishing Ships: If you build a ship and it instantly vanished, then you have a conflict. The Dev console may tell you why or how, but until we figure out why this is happening just move SRTS Expanded and SRTS above the HugsLib mod, so it loads before it.

Huge Thanks & Credits

• Thanks to TechnoFox for creating SRTS, originally based on work by AKreedz风影!
  • Thank you to Aquamarine for ship graphics!
  • Thank you to the Rimworld Discord community, especially Jamaican Castle, Pelador, and dninemfive.
  • Proxyer for Japanese translation

Vehicular_Zombicide

How does this mod differ from OHU Dropships, besides the lack of weapons? Is it less buggy? I know you can't land directly on a trade caravan request without destroying the faction base, can you do that here? Do these spawn in the world as part of drop pod raids like the OHU ships do?

Also, can I swap out the textures in this mod with the textures from OHU Dropships if I want the mechanics of this mod with the textures of OHU?

Kbforss

Loved it. The fair prices are awesome and combining this mod with Giddy-Up mods it is possible to have a fair coverage on the world surroundings.

MintyFr3sh

This mod looks amazing, I will be trying it out

rawrfisher

Could ya add a description on how to add your own ships?
If you did I may have missed it
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

KerraLiath

Hey, I'm having trouble with this mod. I can build the ships but I can't launch them. when I click the launch button nothing happens. I fueled the ship. loaded a colonist into the ship. pressed launched after the finished loading cargo message appeared but it does nothing. error log says:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at SRTS.CompLaunchableSRTS.<CompGetGizmosExtra>b__46_0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Command_Action.ProcessInput (UnityEngine.Event ev) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.GizmoGridDrawer.DrawGizmoGrid (IEnumerable`1 gizmos, Single startX, Verse.Gizmo& mouseoverGizmo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.InspectGizmoGrid.DrawInspectGizmoGridFor (IEnumerable`1 selectedObjects, Verse.Gizmo& mouseoverGizmo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.Log:ErrorOnce(String, Int32, Boolean)
RimWorld.InspectGizmoGrid:DrawInspectGizmoGridFor(IEnumerable`1, Gizmo&)
RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Inspect:DrawInspectGizmos()
RimWorld.InspectPaneUtility:ExtraOnGUI(IInspectPane)
RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Inspect:ExtraOnGUI_Patch1(Object)
Verse.WindowStack:WindowStackOnGUI()
RimWorld.UIRoot_Play:UIRootOnGUI()
Verse.Root:OnGUI()

BabushkaJohn

Hello. I thank you for your mod. I have a bug - when I load a ship from my base and load it with a colonist and cargo, I cannot launch it - press the button and nothing happens. When I unload cargo all seems to work fine. Unloading the ship after returning to base is ok. Mod loaded before Hugslib, still the same.

Canute

Since this mod don't need any other mod, it doesn't matter if you load it before or after hugslib (or other mods).
When the ship normaly works fine, does the ship is maybe overloaded after the last pawn entered the ship ?
When you use other mod like pickup&haul they can carry stuff at their inventory and maybe weight more then when you start the loading process.

I don't think you got a message or error's at the log window (Need to enable developer mode at the options).

Arinken

I'm getting this error when clicking launch button with any cargo loaded.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at SRTS.CompLaunchableSRTS.<CompGetGizmosExtra>b__46_0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Command_Action.ProcessInput (UnityEngine.Event ev) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.GizmoGridDrawer.DrawGizmoGrid (IEnumerable`1 gizmos, Single startX, Verse.Gizmo& mouseoverGizmo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.InspectGizmoGrid.DrawInspectGizmoGridFor (IEnumerable`1 selectedObjects, Verse.Gizmo& mouseoverGizmo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.Log:ErrorOnce(String, Int32, Boolean)
RimWorld.InspectGizmoGrid:DrawInspectGizmoGridFor(IEnumerable`1, Gizmo&)
RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Inspect:DrawInspectGizmos()
RimWorld.InspectPaneUtility:ExtraOnGUI(IInspectPane)
RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Inspect:ExtraOnGUI()
Verse.WindowStack:WindowStackOnGUI()
RimWorld.UIRoot_Play:UIRootOnGUI()
Verse.Root:OnGUI()

2 colonists can launch but 1 colonist and 1 silver coin can't so it's definitely not weight problem.
Standard transport pods work normally with this mod installed.