[1.3] Children and Pregnancy - v4.1.0

Started by GhostData, March 22, 2020, 04:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GhostData

Quote from: DemonLunar on October 21, 2020, 11:59:49 AM
So something with the v3.5.3 is causing it. I went back to the v3.5.2 and everything works fine.
Probably not CNP then, since the only line that changed between these versions is a null check. I see nothing of interest in your logs. Maybe post the hugslib log if you encounter the problem again.
Quote from: Meester on October 20, 2020, 10:15:03 PM
I am getting a particular problem with C&P, when a carer puts the Baby/Toddler into the cradle they both disappear for a second, the carer reappears but then the UI starts to disappear when I zoom in and out. This has happened several times, I have a lot of mods, but for an example of two UI mods I have RimUI and Awesome Inventory as well as some that add new tabs like WikiRim.
Post your hugslib log, as it contains a list of your mods.
I once saw similar flickering years ago, but it was related to my video settings. If you're not getting any errors in the logs, it probably isnt an issue with rendering.

DemonLunar

QuoteProbably not CNP then, since the only line that changed between these versions is a null check. I see nothing of interest in your logs. Maybe post the hugslib log if you encounter the problem again.

I'm just going to have to check thinks through to see what's causing the problem. I do have a good amount of race mods that could cause it. I only wonder because the alien children patch was consider obsolete in the 1.2 and i didn't know if that would effect this mod too.

(edit: heres a more detailed log this is with just race and no other addon.)
Here's the log:
https://gist.github.com/0d4d40f142f59f681cc302040e5618a5

Meester

Quote from: Tragix on October 21, 2020, 12:17:03 PM
Post your hugslib log, as it contains a list of your mods.I once saw similar flickering years ago, but it was related to my video settings. If you're not getting any errors in the logs, it probably isnt an issue with rendering.

Seems to be intermittent, baby put in cradle at the place ui still showed, then shortly afterwards toddler baby is back in cradle the ui now only appears when zoomed in except when the camera is centered/moves into view on the [invisible] child in the cradle.

Here is my log - https://gist.github.com/4aa8792c9af4382f97e60f9bbc3ba7a7

MozartF

For the author;
Would be awesome if you could fix the problem with the MOD Facial Stuff, in my save the babies and toddlers show a bug, their faces are out of place and become weird.

Since now, TY.  :)
8)

GalacticToast

Hey, this could just be a problem on my end but I recently installed this mod along with Age Matters, and after about an in-game week of testing my colonists for pregnancy 2-3 times, suddenly the Determine Pregnancy operation isnt available anymore?? My colony has 8 couples so i know im bound to get a baby at some point, but for some reason the operation to determine it has just. Disappeared

DarkSlayerEX

Quote from: Tragix on October 18, 2020, 04:49:22 PM
Quote from: DemonLunar on October 18, 2020, 02:48:35 PM
So I don't know if this is from my load order but it seems like the update of this mod breaks some of the alien race. Example are Ratkin had lost their ear and tail, and Arachne lose their spider body. I don't know if this mod or my load order. Would like to see if someone else can confirm it.
Probably this mod, as we patch HAR's methods to allow us to tweak offsets for specific pawns - children. If I had to take a wild guess, you're probably ignoring log spam errors that indicate the "drawBodyAddon" method is failing - which would cause body addons for all races to disappear.

I can confirm the same issue is happening to me, though I'm currently running 430+ mods. Orassans, Arachne, and other races are breaking with the same error type. I tried with 3.5.2 and 3.5.3.

TheBadiator

I am currently having a bug that prevents me from prioritizing to hunt on downed animals, which is a pain for when I get manhunter packs. I don't know if this is a bug with Harmony or if it's a bug with CnP, but those are the two names I recognize in the Debug, so I'm gonna place my logs here and do a clean install of Harmony and hope for the best.

https://gist.github.com/80ef530f29a818cc9bb00f565c686b05

Cheers!

HapticRecall

How do people set up a starting colonist as a child using this? I tried Character Editor but giving a pawn the child body type and appropriate age rendered them incapable of wearing clothes, apparel would read as being equipped but the model is naked and the pawn complains of unhappy nudity.

For reference, my modlist is:

Harmony
Core
Royalty
HugsLib
Children and Pregnancy
Character Editor

... and nothing else.

Raea

Long time haven't played, game was working fine afaik. Updated every mod i could find / deleted those not updated but now i can't even start a new game. Tried every mod on and off alone and CnP gives me an error ( Error while generating a map). No mods or using others alone works, was also getting a bug where there is no pods at the start of a game but i can't say this is from CnP. I also uninstalled/reinstalled to make sure.

Canute

Raea,
at first you should check if plain Rimworld works. Deactivate all mods and check to create a new colony.
- When you get errors here, the rimworld installation itself got problem, delete the installation so nothing is left and reinstall. So no old files are left that could cause problems. Maybe the same with the Config at the Saved data folder.
Be sure you allways have the old mod folder deleted before you update/install the new version, so no old mod files are left that could cause problems.

Add Harmony and Hugslib (to have a comfortable way to share modlist and logfile) and then CnP.
If it still don't work use the hugslib feature Share log button or press CTRL-F12 after you tried to create a colony and post the link.

Uninstall function is a bit tricky sometimes, it only remove the current version files, but not old version files. But Rimworld browser through all files.
So it is nessesary that you manual delete the the installation sometimes.

jager666

Hi,

For some reason, WakeTreshold_Patch is ticking a lot, even at the start of the game, which might lead to serious slowdowns later.

GhostData

Quote from: GalacticToast on October 30, 2020, 01:05:44 AM
Hey, this could just be a problem on my end but I recently installed this mod along with Age Matters, and after about an in-game week of testing my colonists for pregnancy 2-3 times, suddenly the Determine Pregnancy operation isnt available anymore?? My colony has 8 couples so i know im bound to get a baby at some point, but for some reason the operation to determine it has just. Disappeared
AgeMatters is incompatible with CNP as they both implement similar features. The discoverPregnancy procedure checks if the pawn is female, if the pawn's race allows for children (configured in settings,) and if the pawn is an adolescent or older. IIRC, that would be 12-16 years old for humans?
Then we check the Torso part for the pregnancy hediff. If I recall, the only way the option shouldn't be available is if the above criteria are not met. So a pregnancy female human would not have the option if they were younger than adolescent.

The impregnation and pregnancy portions of the mod are definitely due for a revisit, when I have time.

Quote from: TheBadiator on November 02, 2020, 12:45:53 AM
I am currently having a bug that prevents me from prioritizing to hunt on downed animals, which is a pain for when I get manhunter packs. I don't know if this is a bug with Harmony or if it's a bug with CnP, but those are the two names I recognize in the Debug, so I'm gonna place my logs here and do a clean install of Harmony and hope for the best.

https://gist.github.com/80ef530f29a818cc9bb00f565c686b05

Cheers!
Looks like the context menu for the hunted animal is causing an error when writing the potential prioritizable jobs. I'll add it to the list to fix.
Quote from: HapticRecall on November 02, 2020, 08:59:51 PM
How do people set up a starting colonist as a child using this? I tried Character Editor but giving a pawn the child body type and appropriate age rendered them incapable of wearing clothes, apparel would read as being equipped but the model is naked and the pawn complains of unhappy nudity.

For reference, my modlist is:

Harmony
Core
Royalty
HugsLib
Children and Pregnancy
Character Editor

... and nothing else.

Donno. I almost always just spawn children when testing myself. I have rarely used Prepare Carefully, but I hear it causes problems.
The proper answer is, it depends on how the creation mod works. CNP works by letting a pawn generate naturally at any age, and then after spawning we record some information (such as the body they spawned with) and then make some changes at startup, such as changing the body type to the appropriate age. Some changes occur real time, such as rendering changes, while others only happen once per birthday.
If you wanted to create a child, my best bet would be to set them with the body you want them to have as an adult, then start your game. If the editor is allowing CNP to run first, they will spawn with an adult body. If it holds CNP until the map loads (probably) then CNP will make its changes post load.
For foolproof support, the editor would probably need some integration with CNP, or at a minimum I would need to make changes on CNPs side to accommodate the editor.

Quote from: Raea on November 04, 2020, 12:23:49 AM
Long time haven't played, game was working fine afaik. Updated every mod i could find / deleted those not updated but now i can't even start a new game. Tried every mod on and off alone and CnP gives me an error ( Error while generating a map). No mods or using others alone works, was also getting a bug where there is no pods at the start of a game but i can't say this is from CnP. I also uninstalled/reinstalled to make sure.
Sounds like a pretty heavily broken install. I'd suggest you nuke your config folder and the game folder and start fresh. Maybe even delete the workshop items so they get clean installs too. My ability to fix a problem is directly correlated to my ability to replicate the problem on my side.

Quote from: jager666 on November 05, 2020, 05:14:39 PM
Hi,

For some reason, WakeTreshold_Patch is ticking a lot, even at the start of the game, which might lead to serious slowdowns later.

<snip>
Thanks, I'll take a look.

Raea

Thanks Tragix and Canute, wasn't sure as it was working fine the day before but i uninstalled / deleted game folder and config-saves and its working now. I just found out about breastfeed, how do you get the mother to do so? Always feeding meals and if i select no food in the baby's tab they would starve.

jmpatag1

Jackdawson

Hey, the baby crib started getting insta-built in just 1 work for some reason. could that be an incompatibility issue? I think it started happening after I installed RJW, but I'm trying the mod on its own and it keeps happening