[1.3] Children and Pregnancy - v4.1.0

Started by GhostData, March 22, 2020, 04:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sidfu

Quote from: jkelley2 on October 10, 2020, 01:24:22 PM
so im having an issue between this and Android Tiers with humans giving birth to Androids

this is caused by prepare carefully.  if you even hit the prepare carefully button it will mess up factions. its a well known bug that the prepare careful mod author blames on everyone else's mod.

jkelley2

Quote from: Tragix on October 10, 2020, 05:52:36 PM
Quote from: jkelley2 on October 10, 2020, 01:24:22 PM
so im having an issue between this and Android Tiers with humans giving birth to Androids
Oooookay.
I don't suppose you found a way to force androids and human to get-it-on did you? I guess there's nothing in the code that specifically outlines a race that is incapable of breeding. CNP doesnt have a very complex virility/fertility system, so race isn't really accounted for yet. I'll have to take a look when my schedule frees up again.

no i didnt and ive been using Prepare Carefully and its worked just fine this only become an issue once i updated from 1.1 to 1.2 and started a new colony both parents are human and its only this couple my other couple that had a kid had a normal human kid

Jackdawson

is there any way to fulfill recreation of Toddlers, other than TV?

GhostData

Quote from: Jackdawson on October 12, 2020, 08:06:29 AM
I guess since toddlers still have no manipulation they can't use most recreation items. Probably need to give them a minimal manipulation.

Jackdawson

Quote from: Tragix on October 12, 2020, 12:06:19 PM
Quote from: Jackdawson on October 12, 2020, 08:06:29 AM
I guess since toddlers still have no manipulation they can't use most recreation items. Probably need to give them a minimal manipulation.
Is there a reason why pawns assigned to childcare can't play with them anymore at that stage?

jkelley2

just curious would it be possible to make kids born to a tribal start have a tribal backstory so they can use Natural Focus? would make sense

DemonLunar

So I don't know if this is from my load order but it seems like the update of this mod breaks some of the alien race. Example are Ratkin had lost their ear and tail, and Arachne lose their spider body. I don't know if this mod or my load order. Would like to see if someone else can confirm it.

Canute

DemonLunar,
just deactivate CnP, use quickstart to create fast a test colony (hugslib feature), use dev tools to spawn these pawn and check if something changed.
So you can be sure if that mod or your modlist doing bad things.

GhostData

Quote from: DemonLunar on October 18, 2020, 02:48:35 PM
So I don't know if this is from my load order but it seems like the update of this mod breaks some of the alien race. Example are Ratkin had lost their ear and tail, and Arachne lose their spider body. I don't know if this mod or my load order. Would like to see if someone else can confirm it.
Probably this mod, as we patch HAR's methods to allow us to tweak offsets for specific pawns - children. If I had to take a wild guess, you're probably ignoring log spam errors that indicate the "drawBodyAddon" method is failing - which would cause body addons for all races to disappear.

DemonLunar

Quote from: Canute on October 18, 2020, 03:55:28 PM
DemonLunar,
just deactivate CnP, use quickstart to create fast a test colony (hugslib feature), use dev tools to spawn these pawn and check if something changed.

I did deactivated it and did some test runs to figure out the problems. That's how I came up with that guess. It does suck to know that it was causing the problem. I was hoping it was something else. I should learn to try to understand these error codes. Only problem is I wouldn't know what mod does the error in the log.

GhostData

Quote from: DemonLunar on October 18, 2020, 06:21:03 PM
Quote from: Canute on October 18, 2020, 03:55:28 PM
DemonLunar,

I did deactivated it and did some test runs to figure out the problems. That's how I came up with that guess. It does suck to know that it was causing the problem. I was hoping it was something else. I should learn to try to understand these error codes. Only problem is I wouldn't know what mod does the error in the log.
Upload the log.

DemonLunar

BodyDef Arachne_body has BodyPartRecord of Torso whose children have more or equal coverage than 100% (143.60%)
Verse.Log:Warning(String, Boolean)
Verse.<ConfigErrors>d__12:MoveNext()
Verse.DefDatabase`1:ErrorCheckAllDefs()
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[])
Verse.GenGeneric:InvokeStaticMethodOnGenericType(Type, Type, String)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.<>c:<Start>b__6_1()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.<>c:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>b__27_0()
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart_Context(Object)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:RunInternal(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object)
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart()

BodyDef ROMA_SpiderBody has BodyPartRecord of ROMA_Cephalothorax whose children have more or equal coverage than 100% (100.00%)
Verse.Log:Warning(String, Boolean)
Verse.<ConfigErrors>d__12:MoveNext()
Verse.DefDatabase`1:ErrorCheckAllDefs()
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[])
Verse.GenGeneric:InvokeStaticMethodOnGenericType(Type, Type, String)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.<>c:<Start>b__6_1()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.<>c:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>b__27_0()
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart_Context(Object)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:RunInternal(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object)
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart()

These are the specific problems I see. But here's a player.log if that help. (p.s. first time doing this so i'm bound to mess up on something. lol)

Canute

I got these error's too (i use Arachne and ROM_Arachnophobia) and i don't use CnP.
https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/0d1d324673513efea562ea4d09f479ba

These children arn't babies, it is the bodyparts like fingers are the child of the hand, which is the child of arm/shoulder.

Meester

I am getting a particular problem with C&P, when a carer puts the Baby/Toddler into the cradle they both disappear for a second, the carer reappears but then the UI starts to disappear when I zoom in and out. This has happened several times, I have a lot of mods, but for an example of two UI mods I have RimUI and Awesome Inventory as well as some that add new tabs like WikiRim.

DemonLunar

So something with the v3.5.3 is causing it. I went back to the v3.5.2 and everything works fine.