[1.3] Children and Pregnancy - v4.1.0

Started by GhostData, March 22, 2020, 04:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

platipuss

hello

if its only me or someone has the same problem I dont know but when I act'vate this mod game starts lagging and it lags really bad
does anyone knows the reason?
my game is heavly modded but when I make the mod inactive everything becomes smooth again...

sidfu

Quote from: platipuss on August 07, 2020, 05:39:17 AM
hello

if its only me or someone has the same problem I dont know but when I act'vate this mod game starts lagging and it lags really bad
my game is heavly modded but when I make the mod inactive everything becomes smooth again...

its not this mod. that means this mod makes u go over the edge for ticks used and lags game. get rid of bad mods like ones that auto clean areas or automate simple things will help

Huntsman

Seems like the latest release of this is incompatible with the latest CE release.

Child colonists will have their bodies replaced with pink squares while wearing any form of body covering apparel. Tested with only CE and CnP active in all permutations of load order, and with the current and previous Harmony releases.

Harmony exception on startup: https://pastebin.pl/view/4d4d32cf
Exception caused by child equipping clothes: https://pastebin.pl/view/9c1a7792

BlueTressym

Quote from: platipuss on August 07, 2020, 05:39:17 AM
hello

Try testing a new colony with just this mod (plus any prereqs) and see if it still happens.  You can copy your ModsConfig (if not using Fluffy's Mod Manager, which lets you save mod lists) so you can avoid losing your current mod setup. 

BlueTressym

Do we know if this is getting a 1.2 update?  I have actually just discovered it and it looks like just what I've been looking for, so I'm hoping so. 

Pretty please, Tragix!

rozyn

Quote from: BlueTressym on August 10, 2020, 11:22:18 PM
Do we know if this is getting a 1.2 update?  I have actually just discovered it and it looks like just what I've been looking for, so I'm hoping so. 

Pretty please, Tragix!

Give it time, the patch only fully released today. I don't imagine it would take much longer then a week or so. I usually take a break from rimworld for about 2 weeks between patches, that's about the time it takes for the majority of them to get updated.

Alundra

Hoping some errors can assist you with updating, love this mod :D.

Exception getting types in assembly RimWorldChildren, Version=1.0.7511.31595, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.<get_AllTypes>d__4:MoveNext()
System.Linq.WhereEnumerableIterator`1:MoveNext()
RimWorld.Planet.World:FillComponents()
RimWorld.Planet.World:ExposeComponents()
RimWorld.Planet.World:ExposeData()
Verse.Scribe_Deep:Look(World&, Boolean, String, Object[])
Verse.Scribe_Deep:Look(World&, String, Object[])
Verse.Game:ExposeData()
Verse.Scribe_Deep:Look(Game&, Boolean, String, Object[])
Verse.Scribe_Deep:Look(Game&, String, Object[])
Verse.<>c:<SaveGame>b__13_0()
Verse.SafeSaver:DoSave(String, String, Action)
Verse.SafeSaver:Save(String, String, Action, Boolean)
Verse.GameDataSaveLoader:SaveGame(String)
RimWorld.Autosaver:DoAutosave()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentSynchronousEvent(Boolean&)
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Verse.Root.Update_Patch1(Root)
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Exception getting types in assembly RimWorldChildren, Version=1.0.7511.31595, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Verse.Game:Verse.Game.FillComponents_Patch1(Game)
Verse.Game:.ctor()
Verse.SavedGameLoaderNow:Verse.SavedGameLoaderNow.LoadGameFromSaveFileNow_Patch1(String)
Verse.<>c:<Start>b__1_1()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.<>c:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>b__27_0()
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart_Context(Object)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:RunInternal(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object)
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart()

Verse.Map:FillComponents()
Verse.Map:Verse.Map.ConstructComponents_Patch1(Map)
Verse.Map:ExposeData()
Verse.ScribeExtractor:SaveableFromNode(XmlNode, Object[])
Verse.Scribe_Collections:Look(List`1&, Boolean, String, LookMode, Object[])
Verse.Scribe_Collections:Look(List`1&, String, LookMode, Object[])
Verse.Game:Verse.Game.LoadGame_Patch2(Game)
Verse.SavedGameLoaderNow:Verse.SavedGameLoaderNow.LoadGameFromSaveFileNow_Patch1(String)
Verse.<>c:<Start>b__1_1()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.<>c:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>b__27_0()
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart_Context(Object)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:RunInternal(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object)
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart()

Hope they help point the way to any issues :).

kitchenarm

I'm confused, I started a new game with the latest github release and everything is working fine, but my colonist isn't getting pregnant. She's 33 and healthy and there have been many 'opportunities' for it. I looked in the mod options to see if I could up the chance of pregnancy, but there's no more slider to configure it like before! Is it a bug or has something changed?

Geese man

Could miscarriages get reworked?, That when 1 should happen you get a warning and you get 3 in game hours to patch up/feed the female with a way to artificially induce contractions if you cant help fast enough at the most likely cost of birth defects if the baby has not been carried long enough.

Could we also have artificial baby growing so that gay couples can have kids of their own (artificial impregnation is most likely harder to implement)

And perhaps a stop system to prevent social fights with pregnant females (middle stage+) like with children.

Meester

Quote from: Huntsman on August 10, 2020, 12:03:19 AM
Child colonists will have their bodies replaced with pink squares while wearing any form of body covering apparel. Tested with only CE and CnP active in all permutations of load order, and with the current and previous Harmony releases.

Same except I don't have CE. Might be something to do with Humanoid Alien Races 2.0.

sidfu

Quote from: Geese man on August 14, 2020, 09:49:55 AM
Could miscarriages get reworked?, That when 1 should happen you get a warning and you get 3 in game hours to patch up/feed the female with a way to artificially induce contractions if you cant help fast enough at the most likely cost of birth defects if the baby has not been carried long enough.

Could we also have artificial baby growing so that gay couples can have kids of their own (artificial impregnation is most likely harder to implement)

And perhaps a stop system to prevent social fights with pregnant females (middle stage+) like with children.

or better yet u can like not have them starve in first place. its not hard unless u use seeds plz u can literaly plant the whole map with potatoes from day 1

Alundra

Quote from: kitchenarm on August 13, 2020, 04:32:44 PM
I'm confused, I started a new game with the latest github release and everything is working fine, but my colonist isn't getting pregnant. She's 33 and healthy and there have been many 'opportunities' for it. I looked in the mod options to see if I could up the chance of pregnancy, but there's no more slider to configure it like before! Is it a bug or has something changed?

It's because of the errors I posted above your post. The game can't make the pawns pregnant.

GhostData

Haven't been active lately as I am working on other things at the moment. Development will continue after the hiatus.

Seems like the latest release of this is incompatible with the latest CE release.

Harmony exception on startup: https://pastebin.pl/view/4d4d32cf
Exception caused by child equipping clothes: https://pastebin.pl/view/9c1a7792
Apparel is a difficult thing to patch, apparently. We have patches that "spoof" the body type when equipping adult clothing, which works in vanilla cases. Previous iterations actually used the thin body type which probably improved base compatibility with mods that reference body type or patch graphics. At some point I will need to revisit this and see about improving compatibility without patching other mods. My guess is that CE is doing something with body types and graphics which causes a failure to resolve the graphics for the correctly spoofed body type.  Or it could be patching the same methods CNP does.

Quote from: BlueTressym on August 10, 2020, 11:22:18 PM

Pretty please, Tragix!
Didn't realize there was an update. I'll take a first look later today if nothing comes up. Hopefully it's just a recompile.

Quote from: Meester on August 14, 2020, 10:47:40 PM

Same except I don't have CE. Might be something to do with Humanoid Alien Races 2.0.
These are issues I can only fix if I can replicate them. Things that might help me replicate:
Race and Age of the pawn having problems
Exact piece of equipment that causes the problem
Mod (preferably linked) that adds the equipment

I imagine some mods are directly conflicting when it comes to patches or rendering, so each case will have to be looked at independently.

Quote from: Geese man on August 14, 2020, 09:49:55 AM

Miscarriages and abortion will probably be developed on more in the future as I would like to make them more configurable per the pregnancy components. Miscarriage in reality is often unpreventable and unforeseeable. Modern medicine + regular checkups during the pregnancy have reduced the likelihood, but traumatic injuries, poisoning, etc often prove quickly fatal to unborn children.
Not sure if I want to try to simulate premie birth in detail, but we might be able to do something with light simulation. Maybe a hediff that lasts a few seasons and reduces lung and heart function and increased risk of sickness and infection.
My goal is to be believable rather than realistic. I'll add it to the white board, but it will most likely be a post-stabilization feature.

Artificial baby growth is out of scope for this mod. Someone is welcome to make an extension that utilizes this mod as a base, but test tube babies don't fall within the parameters of pregnancy to me. Funnily enough, artificial impregnation falls more into scope than growth vats do.
I will need to consider the scope of pregnancy going forward. Right now the impregnation part of CNP is very primitive - a roll of the dice with minimal factors at play. Other mods currently do this part better, so I am debating whether it should be expanded or just give other mods the levers they need to trigger a CNP pregnancy. I want this mod to do a few things well and leave the rest to mods with larger scopes.
CNP (under my view) is very much a child hood and pregnancy simulation project. I'm not as concerned with the "getting pregnant" aspect. That might change though.

Lastly, I don't want to add anything that holds a players hand. The player should protect their children and pregnant women. If you have free range babies, expect some to get eaten by wolves. If pregnant women have chemical fascination and easy access to the booze stockpile, expect deformed or lost babies. I don't want to remove any consequences for player decisions, even if that decision is doing nothing.
Social fights are interesting because they're largely out of the players control if they occur. The only player solution I can think of is to have someone else break up the fight or intervene. I'd rather not prevent social fights. What I could do instead is refine what counts as a severe injury. I reckon it's believable to have a miscarriage if you lose a ton of blood, but probably not as likely from a cracked femur or a ton of bruises. I'll have to test some to figure out what that threshold is. Guess I'll be beating up pregnant women for science soon.

Alundra

Do you have an estimate on when hiatus will end? :)

MrGrumblier

Love this mod but I'm having an issue with crying animals all over the map. This is giving my pawns the crying baby debuff. Is it just me or are others having this issue? I've forced the mod to read as 1.2 compatible.