[1.3] Children and Pregnancy - v4.1.0

Started by GhostData, March 22, 2020, 04:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laffin

Tragix - Thank you so much for keeping this mod going!

Chipmunk216

Has anyone else noticed an issue where all pawns are spawning with no hair or beards, both in the pre-game loadout and the game itself?

I do run pretty heavily modded, so it's likely a conflict, but I haven't found where yet.

Wolpeti

Quote from: Tragix on January 09, 2022, 07:29:06 PM
v4.1.4 Released
https://gitlab.com/Tragix/children-and-pregnancy-collab/-/releases/v4.1.4
- Fix animal sterilization conflict
- Condensed 3 feed baby workgivers into 1
- Babies will now be fed by lactating pawns first, then by caretakers, then by doctors depending on availability and child hunger.
- Lactating pawns now have increased hunger rate.

can you finaly please fix the pawn spawn age relation of faction PawnKindDefs since the shattered empire did just send me another batch of 10 year old Janissaries.

GhostData

Quote from: Wolpeti on January 28, 2022, 12:54:00 AM
can you finaly please fix the pawn spawn age relation of faction PawnKindDefs since the shattered empire did just send me another batch of 10 year old Janissaries.

v4.1.6 v4.1.7 Released
https://gitlab.com/Tragix/children-and-pregnancy-collab/-/releases/v4.1.7
Removes children from Royalty and Ideology faction spawn lists. Fixes a patching error with the latest version of Humanoid Alien Races.

Mistrornge

GhostData

v4.1.8 Released
This release fixes a long standing bug where pawns will spawn with invisible hair. It did require me to poke parts of the code that I don't fully understand, so let me know if you see any new oddities - especially if children grow to a new stage (1 year, 3 years, 13 years) and don't get their new graphics on their birthday.
This release also adds a new tribal backstory that will be inherited if a child is born to a tribal mother with a tribal childhood. This will allow tribe children (at child lifestage, age 3) to use natural psyfoci and link with anima trees.
I've added a backlog item to Life Lessons to allow this knowledge to be passed down by tribals rather than inherited based on their backstory.

https://gitlab.com/Tragix/children-and-pregnancy-collab/-/releases/v4.1.8

RibDibbington

Quote from: GhostData on February 27, 2022, 01:43:09 PM
a new stage (...3 years...)

Aha! I THOUGHT that was the cutoff! I had been gaslighting myself for years in-game, because my 3 year olds have kept their (headless) baby sprites (not even toddler; it's the crib baby walking around). I'll see if this new version fixes that (or goes back to purple square errors).

EDIT: Nope, killed all my children. This happens every time I update your mod, though. They're still there, but they either have no sprite at all (and are still incapped, even if I manually edit their age) or have an adult sprite (as a baby, toddler, or child) and are incapped.

Do you recommend only ever updating the mod when starting a new colony?

GhostData

Quote from: RibDibbington on February 28, 2022, 09:47:43 AM
Quote from: GhostData on February 27, 2022, 01:43:09 PM
a new stage (...3 years...)

Aha! I THOUGHT that was the cutoff! I had been gaslighting myself for years in-game, because my 3 year olds have kept their (headless) baby sprites (not even toddler; it's the crib baby walking around). I'll see if this new version fixes that (or goes back to purple square errors).

EDIT: Nope, killed all my children. This happens every time I update your mod, though. They're still there, but they either have no sprite at all (and are still incapped, even if I manually edit their age) or have an adult sprite (as a baby, toddler, or child) and are incapped.

Do you recommend only ever updating the mod when starting a new colony?
I use semantic versioning, so the only colony/save breaking version upgrades are ones where the first number changes, ie 4.1.0 -> 5.0.0
I don't usually test what happens when you load a save from an older version, so I can't speculate why it kills your kids. Considering they don't seem to change backstories or graphics, it's probably the case that the component isn't working or isn't being applied at all. The component tracks the baby's age and abilities, updates their work-types and capacities, and updates their graphics when they age up.
If you want to post a hugslib log with your mod list and provide the below info, I can look into it:
Race of parents
Race of child
Age of child

RibDibbington

Quote from: GhostData on March 01, 2022, 09:06:25 AM
I use semantic versioning, so the only colony/save breaking version upgrades are ones where the first number changes, ie 4.1.0 -> 5.0.0
Hey, that's super useful to know. Thanks!
QuoteIf you want to post a hugslib log with your mod list and provide the below info, I can look into it:
You know, I'm gonna guess it's not your fault. I'll probably still troubleshoot later. I have a fair few mods. I did notice when I updated that the mod wasn't recognized as being the same mod that I had installed previously. I had to reactivate it, and I tried to put it back in the exact same position in my modlist, but hey. If I got it wrong, that might have been part of the problem.

I remember that only because it's weird that it wouldn't think it's the same mod. Other manual mod updates always have before. I've only ever downloaded it from your thread here, too.

Thanks for all your work! This is something that Ludeon needs to buy from you and put in the base game, honestly.

EDIT: Oh, something else. Babies are being "rescued" from their cribs to MedPods, which cycle in perpetuity (and make that annoying alert repeat) because nothing is wrong with them. I'm not sure if this is a change with C&P updates or MedPod updates, because they've both been updated recently.

TurtleShroom

Let's say that I want to create custom Sprites for a given Race. (I don't like my Onis being born as baby humans.)

How would I do this? What is neccesary to implement this and make it show up?

Ronewird

Sorry do dinsturb, i have no will to send a report, is to complicate for me. Just want to comunicate the actual release of this mod conflict with the mod performance optimizer. Is true i have a mod list about an houndred, but i remove this mod and now finally the woman get pregnant. I still have some error on my log related to sterilise or something like that. But i have run the game also with just this mod installed and still get the same error on the log.

Any way if some one have the patience to investigate further with this mod, and in case he find the issue as i have reported, maybe he can use the proper form to provide the error to the staff.

Sorry again for the intrusion, and compliment for the mod.

P.s.

I really miss the steam workshop version , hope one day it will back!

Canute

QuoteBut i have run the game also with just this mod installed and still get the same error on the log.
The question is, did you start a new colony or did you just disable mods and keep the save, then the error is allready at the savegame or the conflict is with other mods you still got active.

Quotethis mod conflict with the mod performance optimizer.
But overall, when you don't got that problem without optimizer, you should report it the the optimizer author/crew.
He can investigate it further where the problem are and contact the modauthor of the other mod.

Quotemaybe he can use the proper form to provide the error to the staff.
You NEED to add the logfile or at last the error msg. to such reports.
Mosttimes you got hugslib installed too, then just use the green button "Share logs" at the log window and post the link, which include the modlist,patchlist and logfile.

Ronewird

Quote from: Canute on March 31, 2022, 03:45:00 AM
QuoteBut i have run the game also with just this mod installed and still get the same error on the log.
The question is, did you start a new colony or did you just disable mods and keep the save, then the error is allready at the savegame or the conflict is with other mods you still got active.

But overall, when you don't got that problem without optimizer, you should report it the the optimizer author/crew.
He can investigate it further where the problem are and contact the modauthor of the other mod.

Mosttimes you got hugslib installed too, then just use the green button "Share logs" at the log window and post the link, which include the modlist,patchlist and logfile.

Hey canute, thank for the answer. I have deselect all the mode except children and pregnancy, and i have start a new game, With a set of colonist for testing ( 2 woman around 20 and one man around  20 ). I have some error in console about sterile but the woman get pregnant. I have now the whole list of mod on my normal game with out performance mod and work properly. Just i have some problem with the texture becouse i have vanilla expanded. But i have deselect the option to for the texture on the vanilla expanded setting and also that problem is now fixed.

GhostData

Quote from: Ronewird on March 31, 2022, 05:23:10 PM
Quote from: Canute on March 31, 2022, 03:45:00 AM

Hey canute, thank for the answer. I have deselect all the mode except children and pregnancy, and i have start a new game, With a set of colonist for testing ( 2 woman around 20 and one man around  20 ). I have some error in console about sterile but the woman get pregnant. I have now the whole list of mod on my normal game with out performance mod and work properly. Just i have some problem with the texture becouse i have vanilla expanded. But i have deselect the option to for the texture on the vanilla expanded setting and also that problem is now fixed.
Error reports that do not include the actual log files are worse than useless - they're misleading.
My best guess with the report provided is that you did not perform a clean install - deleting the entire CNP mod folder from your system and reinstalling it when updating. There was a recentish patch that fixed the sterilization operation since the base game includes one for animals now. Without actual log files, this is purely speculation.