[MOD] (Alpha 6) Superior Crafting v2.11: The Stim Fix! [Updated]

Started by Abrexus, August 14, 2014, 07:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of the shooting range?  Would you like to see more skill enhancing buildings?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
0 (0%)
I've never used it
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 23, 2014, 06:24:29 PM

123nick

is it possible to have a "lite" version of this mod, with most of the content but the vannila tech tree? so like instead of overwriting the standard tech tree, it just adds more things to research for the different items, and not overwriting standard stuff like food preperation? that way i can use this with other mods! thanks in advance.

Spare74

So, I've had a couple of run with this mod, it's quite good, a bit simpler than TTM which is good imo.
The problem I have with the mod is the early game, it's really slow, way slower than TTM's early game which is already pretty slow :s You have to research power II and construction II to be able to build your permanent base which forces you to build in log/wood and then deconstruct to build with power etc ...

Not sure if I'm the only one feeling that way though.

CounterFact

Quote from: Spare74 on August 21, 2014, 05:34:45 AM
So, I've had a couple of run with this mod, it's quite good, a bit simpler than TTM which is good imo.
The problem I have with the mod is the early game, it's really slow, way slower than TTM's early game which is already pretty slow :s You have to research power II and construction II to be able to build your permanent base which forces you to build in log/wood and then deconstruct to build with power etc ...

I think the pacing in this mod is great for people who want to experience all stages of development of your colony, not just the endgame where you have all the best stuff and just try to get bigger. Living in your log cabins, slowly mining for resources, crafting and researching for months untill you get the good stuff. This mod makes building the 1st blast door in your colony like an achievement, very satisfying imo. I 'upgraded' certain parts of my base 3 times, when you get your 'permanent base', I feel part of the gameplay gets lost. I wish there was an endless techtree and infinite amount of things to craft and improve. :)

Abrexus

Thank you for that excellent explanation Counterfact.  That's exactly why I created the mod.  I know there will be people who don't like the slower pace of the game, and while I would like to be able to please everyone, I know that just wont be possible with what vision it is I am trying to accomplish.

I certainly would be willing to take selected parts of the mod and make them available for use in other mods with the research removed, but I won't be changing the core pacing of the original mod itself.  I am currently working on a version 2, which adds quite a few new features.  My goal at this point is to add content, but keep the pacing where it's at.

You should see version 2 available early next week.  There will be some research tweaking, and combat balance (no more archers out-ranging your turrets, but the pacing will be the same.

Spare74

Does the mod affect in any way the mining speed? it feels like it's slow even with a 10+ mining dude.

Abrexus

Quote from: Spare74 on August 21, 2014, 11:18:58 AM
Does the mod affect in any way the mining speed? it feels like it's slow even with a 10+ mining dude.

Negative.  I don't make any changes to mining speed or any default skill.  You can still research the mining picks for the 20% boost just as before.

Thalur

If you're making balancing changes, the tables and chairs all seem to take rather large amounts of resources, particularly compared to the walls.  For example, the 4x4 tables take 60 planks or bars whereas a wooden wall is 5 planks and a metal one is 10 bars.

Mekintos

It would be great if you add some kind of serving table. Btw. the gameplay is now a lot more challenging thanks to this modification and it brings a lot more fun in gameplay.  :)

Abrexus

Quote from: Mekintos on August 21, 2014, 03:04:12 PM
It would be great if you add some kind of serving table. Btw. the gameplay is now a lot more challenging thanks to this modification and it brings a lot more fun in gameplay.  :)

That may very well be in the next update (**hint**)

MrWashingToad

Would love to see some endgame type research to reduce the effects of the psychic drones. Maybe a build-able white-noise generator for an area (can possible use a lamp type effect for colonist ability to "pick up or notice" the reduction - like they do w/ light levels from lamps). And would definitely second a request to have the agave tank to regrow or heal missing (blown off), or destroyed (shattered jaws, missing eyes) , etc. Have it take some time, or have a 3-D printer production device add-on to that system (think of it like a separate hopper add-on or something) that would allow those actions. Have re-grow paste made from chemlab w/ the agave gel and maybe silver and metal.
Kickstarter Influencer tier backer. Last Name in Game: Sewell
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdrI_JSqof-Zk1j9-kBKXjQ
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/MrWashingToad
Twitter: @MrWashingToad

Gabriel_Braun

The only gripe I have is how overloaded the architect menu gets, especially furniture.  Personally I've been commenting out a lot of the clutter but it would be cool if there were a game feature in the future to have say a single 'comfy couch' in the colour of the material used and then have a UI option like growing zones to 'plant' a dye on them :)

CounterFact

Any ETA on the next patch/version (2.0? :) )
A small suggestion might be to add clay (made of sand) walls as a cheap early game alternative to the plank/log walls. Because on dessert maps it's quite a pain to collect wood and soil is rare and needed for food. Stone walls are pretty early tech, but at 10 blocks per square that's quite labour intensive as well.

Btw, I'm starting to grow quite fond of this mod. This is how the vanilla game should be in my opinion.