[MOD] (Alpha 6) More Biomes v0.95

Started by ItchyFlea, August 14, 2014, 09:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItchyFlea

All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Jerethi50

Loving this :) Of course i still want to see what tynan has planned for these biomes, but would love to have this ready for AIO Mod in the meantime, Love the look of what you have so far, and the teasers, really love the extremley thinck boreal forests.

Jerethi50

So , something taking longer than expected ? hehe just, you mentioned you were trying for a release later the same day, and its been two days now :) Im looking forward to seeing more :)

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Jerethi50 on August 16, 2014, 07:55:42 AM
So , something taking longer than expected ? hehe just, you mentioned you were trying for a release later the same day, and its been two days now :) Im looking forward to seeing more :)
Yeah, this odd thing called Real Life got in the way.
Very interesting game. The graphics are amazing, but some of the NPC's... :P
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

Dr. Z

They use this new thing called AF. It stands for artificial foolery.
Prasie the Squirrel!

ItchyFlea

Updated to v0.95.
Added Tundra and Boreal Forest biomes.
Tropical Rainforest still isn't implemented.

Please give feedback regarding your thoughts on these biomes. Do I need to change something? Are there any improvements I need to do?

There is a bug in the Boreal Forest where sometimes the game will throw a 'found no wanderdest' error. I hope to have this fixed in the next update. This usually occurs if a bird is in the middle of the forest. Solution is to kill it. Either by manually hunting it, or using development mode. (Activated in the options menu.)

Most of the graphics are placeholder and will be replaced sometime in the future.

Bodog999

Wait hold on a second, Blueberries? doesnt that give your colonists hallucinations?

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: Bodog999 on August 24, 2014, 06:39:44 AM
Wait hold on a second, Blueberries? doesnt that give your colonists hallucinations?
Is this an "Unturned" Reference?
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Blackjack1000K on August 24, 2014, 06:50:30 AM
Sounds like Unturned to me.
That game is why I haven't made much progress on this mod this week.

Shinzy

Quote from: ItchyFlea on August 24, 2014, 07:33:51 AM
Quote from: Blackjack1000K on August 24, 2014, 06:50:30 AM
Sounds like Unturned to me.
That game is why I haven't made much progress on this mod this week.
This sounds more and more like a game I shouldn't play, at all =P

Conred

Everything seem to be okay. Although i would add some sparse berries or agavae in Tundra biome. Now we wait for tropical biome with monkeys and jaguars(they should be fast and strong when going mad and attacking colonists) and massive thick amount of trees. Tropics should basically be based on wooden towns with little to no mining and mostly get it from trade.

Also would it be possible to implement the "island" biome for single squares on ocean? It could be treated as tropics with coconuts and with water on every side of the map.

Bruvvy

Viceroy

Is there a way to remove the rocks from the ice-sheet and perhaps make the ground more... Icy?

I was expecting this more or less: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_LFOc5fEm8L4/TQHJYy8OMhI/AAAAAAAAAQU/bEa_Zhhq7Ao/s1600/WAISground.jpg
Dog goes moo!

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Conred on August 24, 2014, 09:33:17 AM
Also would it be possible to implement the "island" biome for single squares on ocean? It could be treated as tropics with coconuts and with water on every side of the map.
Quote from: Viceroy on August 24, 2014, 06:42:30 PM
Is there a way to remove the rocks from the ice-sheet and perhaps make the ground more... Icy?
As far as I can tell, the game doesn't give me enough control to do either of these things at the moment. Hopefully in the future there will be more control over these things.

Conred

Yeah, probably one day there will be fishing and boats in this game.