Cowboys

Started by Sepkan, August 15, 2014, 07:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sepkan

I just angered 2 factions so that I could outfit my motley crew in cowboy hats and ponchos. I even had power armor but the cowboy hat and poncho setup looked so awesome I didn't even use it.

Bog

I guess that means you like Shinzy's Apparello mod a lot. ;D
Divergence of Civilization Lead Developer (in this case that's the fancy way of saying "Only Developer")

Project Armoury Developer (New huge 2.13 Release now live!)

James009

Quote from: Bog on August 15, 2014, 08:16:54 PM
If anyone doesn't have it you NEED to get it.
Lets Crashland Here Simulator!

HatesYourFace

Quote from: James009 on August 17, 2014, 07:08:20 AM

Mods are bad mmmkay? Just say no to Mods kids.
If you have any 2 of the following 3 things: Time, Interest, or Ability; Head on over to the RimWorld wiki and help improve/update it! http://rimworldwiki.com

Shinzy

Quote from: HatesYourFace on August 17, 2014, 11:48:24 AM

Noooot if they play nice with vanilla! mister mackey! *nods* Oh not, at, all.. hee hee hee
"Psst! hey!" *Opens the trenchcoat revealing pockets lined with mods* "I've got some reeeeal gooooood mods for ya'll!"

HatesYourFace

Quote from: Shinzy on August 17, 2014, 12:00:42 PM

Noooot if they play nice with vanilla! mister mackey! *nods* Oh not, at, all.. hee hee hee
"Psst! hey!" *Opens the trenchcoat revealing pockets lined with mods* "I've got some reeeeal gooooood mods for ya'll!"

Lol...Help! I need an adult! Stranger danger!
If you have any 2 of the following 3 things: Time, Interest, or Ability; Head on over to the RimWorld wiki and help improve/update it! http://rimworldwiki.com

milon

Quote from: Sepkan on August 15, 2014, 07:10:12 PM
I just angered 2 factions so that I could outfit my motley crew in cowboy hats and ponchos. I even had power armor but the cowboy hat and poncho setup looked so awesome I didn't even use it.

The so-called allies are a HUGE pain in the butt.  They steal your food and make your colonists go insane.  They're really enemies whether or not they're openly hostile.  It's better this way.  ;)

HatesYourFace

Quote from: milon on August 18, 2014, 01:42:59 PM
Quote from: Sepkan on August 15, 2014, 07:10:12 PM

It's better that way.  The so-called allies are a HUGE pain in the butt.  They steal your food and make your colonists go insane.

They only steal your food if they can get to it. Visitors don't have keys and hence, can't open doors. Typically when i get a pack of visitors they just loiter around my solar panels then leave. Never had a problem with them bothering my colonists? And I've had ridiculously large groups of visitors. (Like 50+)

milon

Quote from: HatesYourFace on August 18, 2014, 02:02:08 PM
They only steal your food if they can get to it. Visitors don't have keys and hence, can't open doors. Typically when i get a pack of visitors they just loiter around my solar panels then leave. Never had a problem with them bothering my colonists? And I've had ridiculously large groups of visitors. (Like 50+)
Maybe I'm encountering a bug then, but I keep my food inside.  Behind Power Doors (no mods).  While they usually loiter outside, they will often walk right on in like they own the joint.  Is this a bug then?

StorymasterQ

Maybe they slip past the doors with your colonists when they come through?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Neurotoxin

Quote from: Shinzy on August 17, 2014, 12:00:42 PM

I'll take some mods, but please wear clothing under your trenchcoat in the future *averts eyes*

Quote from: StorymasterQ on August 18, 2014, 09:15:58 PM
Maybe they slip past the doors with your colonists when they come through?
I've had them go through doors with nobody around to let them in thus why I made my mod. I think they're not supposed to enter but they do.

Just double checked, they don't necessarily need a key

only relevant bits are here.
from Building_Door:

return (((p.inventory != null) && p.inventory.container.Contains(ThingDefOf.DoorKey)) || GenAI.MachinesLike(base.Faction, p));

from GenAI:

return !p.Faction.IsHostileToward(machineFaction);

So they either need to have a key or not be hostile to mechanoids. I don't know how the faction generation works but it would seem some are either carrying a key of some sort or they're not hostile to mechs if they're getting in the doors.