[1.5][MODLIST] Glitter Tech Classic

Started by Sam_, August 16, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think this mod should be broken into smaller mods?

Yes
No
Yes, but have an option for all features in a mod pack.

Canute

isavegas,
i think you miss a thing.
When you pawn get shot with an incendiary weapon, he don't seek cover, he run in panic he is burning. And at which direction he run is random. So it is a 50% chance he run toward the enemy.
Thats why these APB weapons from Glitter Tech made them so dangerous.
The burning effect prevent them from shooting back.

isavegas

Quote from: Canute on February 07, 2018, 02:24:25 AM
isavegas,
i think you miss a thing.
When you pawn get shot with an incendiary weapon, he don't seek cover, he run in panic he is burning. And at which direction he run is random. So it is a 50% chance he run toward the enemy.
Thats why these APB weapons from Glitter Tech made them so dangerous.
The burning effect prevent them from shooting back.

It is completely illogical to immediately run at the person shooting at you, just because your sleeve got caught on fire. Nobody would do that, in any situation. Running around in panic is understandable, but the direction should never be towards the enemy or tiles containing fire. The fact that the colonists are abandoning their post and not firing for a few seconds is more than enough of a negative status effect.

Canute

When you arn't a robot and burning, do you realy think about where to do you run ?
I don't think so, most people are in panic and don't act logical in these moment.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Canute on February 09, 2018, 06:16:48 AM
When you arn't a robot and burning, do you realy think about where to do you run ?
I don't think so, most people are in panic and don't act logical in these moment.

Hmm not sure about that. If you were in an actual firefight, and completely aware of where your cover is in relation to an enemy actively firing at you, and you are somehow caught on fire, only in the most insane "caught on fire" situations could I ever imagine a battle hardened person living on a RimWorld actually running towards an actively engaging enemy, while completely engulfed in flames.

When pawns catch on fire in RimWorld, isn't there an actual percent of how much on fire they are? If that's how it is, that could be an interesting mechanic to have pawns reacting to a fire's level appropriately.

MMAciek

Stand among the millions of dead souls and ask them if they honor means something. Silence will be your answer.

Canute

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 09, 2018, 07:19:30 AM
Quote from: Canute on February 09, 2018, 06:16:48 AM

Hmm not sure about that. If you were in an actual firefight, and completely aware of where your cover is in relation to an enemy actively firing at you, and you are somehow caught on fire, only in the most insane "caught on fire" situations could I ever imagine a battle hardened person living on a RimWorld actually running towards an actively engaging enemy, while completely engulfed in flames.

When pawns catch on fire in RimWorld, isn't there an actual percent of how much on fire they are? If that's how it is, that could be an interesting mechanic to have pawns reacting to a fire's level appropriately.
At RL yes, people who are trained into that, Fire department, stuntman maybe Veteran and elite soldier.
But all other are in panic.
And this is the basic rimworld mechanic, you are on fire, you will run in panic first, then you calm down and try to beat down the fire with bare hands.

Mstk

So my automatic mortars isnt working, this show in the dev log

Not enough squares to get to radius 504. Max is 56.40036
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.GenRadial:NumCellsInRadius(Single)
Verse.AI.AvoidGridMaker:PrintAvoidGridAroundTurret(Building_TurretGun, ByteGrid)
Verse.AI.AvoidGridMaker:GenerateAvoidGridInternal(ByteGrid, Faction, Map, AvoidGridMode)
Verse.AI.AvoidGridMaker:RegenerateAvoidGridsFor(Faction, Map)
RimWorld.IncidentWorker_Raid:TryExecuteWorker(IncidentParms)
RimWorld.IncidentWorker_RaidEnemy:TryExecuteWorker(IncidentParms)
RimWorld.IncidentWorker:TryExecute(IncidentParms)
Verse.Dialog_DebugActionsMenu:DoRaid(IncidentParms)
Verse.<DoListingItems_MapActions>c__AnonStorey9:<>m__0()
Verse.Dialog_DebugOptionLister:DebugAction(String, Action)
Verse.Dialog_DebugOptionListLister:DoListingItems()
Verse.Dialog_OptionLister:DoWindowContents(Rect)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__0(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

I dowloaded the no surgery version from dropbox

edit:: ok i got it, both the automatic mortar and the missile turret cant fire over walls

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: isavegas on February 06, 2018, 04:22:29 PM
I really need a mod that fixes the burning colonist AI. When my colonists get shot with an incendiary weapon, they invariably wander out of cover, directly towards the person shooting at them.

I've found the part in the defs that makes people run in panic when they are on fire. Would others be interested in seeing this mechanic turned off in a mod?

lelukeson

Is there any way to make this work with the ED-ShieldsBasic mod? The bullets do damage to the shield, but they pass right through instead of being stopped. I have tried to mess with the XML files but with no success.

Sliderpro

Hello world.
I think this mod needs some rebalancing. I ll go not by priority, just randomly:
1) automortars. they do so much for so few.
2) cannister turret. Tiny radius, fragile, inaccurate. I buffed its power to 50 and reload to 0.5 seconds. I think this way it is balanced to emrg rifle turret and high price.
3) there is one more turret...... which is hidden and inaccessable
4) plasteel > titanium too expensive. It looks more like trolling. 10 titanium = 1 alpha poly, which means 160 plasteel = 1 alpha poly..... which is beyond useful again. I buffed this to 4 plasteel = 1 titanium and 25 titanium = 5 poly, which is.. 8 times cheaper and somewhat useful I guess.
5) ARP weapons. Pistols in particular are very OP with huge radius, fire rate and setting on fire with 1-2 hits. Reduced damage and fire rate
Plus I believe best damage type for it is electric, not heat. Because: Almost nothing electric damaging in vanilla
Heat sets on fire = death in battle and you need like.. 1-2 hits.

Mod is great btw but it seems it isnt getting any love for some reason..

totos_totidis

The orion corp exists and sends visitors occasionly but the commandos dont show up ever and do not exist as a faction. Is there a reason for this? Can i somehow enable them?

Ikazuchi00

Ive been getting this trouble with orion corp rocket launchers, makes the FPS drop really really for some reason when its firing and theres no damage whatsoever

--LukeNation--

sam, i'm lukeNation, i love your mods :P i am starting with modding, can you accept me in steam so we can chat? thanks, continue with this mods, are fantastic
The World is on fire when I arrive,
Rimworld Extreme HardCore Modder,

Sam_

DrOzon

I installed this mod in an existing save and it removed some stuff that i had already researched, like it asked me to research again drops pods though I already had them. Is it necessary to start a new game?