whats the story behind your username

Started by Cpt.Fupa, September 07, 2014, 11:37:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamini

My username is the name of a character I made nine years ago or so on FFXI. It's distinctive enough that it hits very few other people on searches, and I liked how it sounds. Still do, actually.

The name, and the personality that evolved from it, have been one I've enjoyed a great deal. I'm happy with my choice to this day.

NuclearStudent

I'm fascinated with atomic and modern thermonuclear weapons-it's the obvious choice!

Hayhorse

I go by many names, here on the ludeon forums I go by HayHorse to honer one of the first characters I had in Rimworld. The strange thing is, the colony was all females until I got a 15 Artist skill that was 60 something, but back to HayHorse. She was 17 (16 at colony start) and ended up with full bionic replacements, because why not?

haint

a haint is what haunts a place
i lurk and pop out at you once in a while
"Whoa"

LouisTBR

Mine comes from... my name and a few other random words I made up lol
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

NuclearStudent

Quote from: Louisthebadassrimworlder on October 05, 2015, 12:36:09 PM

Ya didn't make up the word "badass", mahn.

StorymasterQ

Quote from: NuclearStudent on October 07, 2015, 01:16:26 AM
Quote from: Louisthebadassrimworlder on October 05, 2015, 12:36:09 PM

Ya didn't make up the word "badass", mahn.
Nah, badass is his name. He made up the word Louis :D
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

LouisTBR

Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

Alitaria

Alitaria
Al-ee-tar-ee-ah

Accidental misspelling of the Pokemon Altaria when signing up for an online game, I didn't notice for a full year of wondering why this awesome Pokemon name wasn't taken.....

Now I use it as my go to online name because it is rarely taken and has a nice ring to it :3
Context is key when discussing RimWorld in public

Mrred1

"Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings." ~ Robert Bloch ~

Fosyd

Squirrels, why did it have to be squirrels?

MindFruitNinja

It's just some kind of placeholder. I have a proper online nickname as well, but I don't want to use that here as I want to keep my fanfiction alterego separated from that one.
A mind in which hyperactivity and creativity fuses. Sucks at drawing, writes a lot instead. A lot.

Fanfiction.net profile | On Reddit

jzero

well my name is my first initial followed by a nickname i used to have. Pretty simple actually
Actual cannibal shia labeouf.

Alistaire

It means defender of mankind. I'm a pretentious bastard.

Sergeant Cynical

My name comes from me being a really cynical person irl and the fact that i play heaps of WWI and WWII games.

Yep mine sucks.