[A9] Skullywags Weapons, Tools and Trinkets

Started by skullywag, September 08, 2014, 06:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wileama

Hey tip of my hat to you. This is some really nice work. That being said I've found a few issues with the Taser. First of all it only ever costs fifty cents, and combat traders have about 2000 of the things. Second the Taser has killed more people then it's stunned. I don't know what the deal is, but it's pretty OP at the moment.

Ded1

I know the thermite wasnt in this pack, however i figured since this pack is about weapons, tool, and trinkets, it would end up here.
Feel Good Modpack
Sorry but the pack isn't updated yet!

Just gonna be lurking the forums for a while.

42BelowVodka

downloaded the FireExtinguisher but cant find it in game, its added at the stockpile but cant find where to get it, cant build it anywhere and cant buy it from traders

skullywag

Should be carried by weapon traders. Its gonna be pot luck if they appear. Anyone confirm if theyve bought one from a trader?
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

rrooster

Quote from: 42BelowVodka on January 05, 2015, 10:25:32 AM
downloaded the FireExtinguisher but cant find it in game, its added at the stockpile but cant find where to get it, cant build it anywhere and cant buy it from traders
Quote from: skullywag on January 05, 2015, 11:48:38 AM
Should be carried by weapon traders. Its gonna be pot luck if they appear. Anyone confirm if theyve bought one from a trader?

I could swear I've seen one on a trader, but I didn't buy it because priorities.

Also, I once bought 32 tazers because they cost only 0.5 per unit. Their resale value was a big fat 0. Kinda felt the prices were bugged, but not sure as never got to use one and have no idea of their effectiveness.

Igabod

Quote from: rrooster on January 05, 2015, 02:53:44 PM

I could swear I've seen one on a trader, but I didn't buy it because priorities.

Also, I once bought 32 tazers because they cost only 0.5 per unit. Their resale value was a big fat 0. Kinda felt the prices were bugged, but not sure as never got to use one and have no idea of their effectiveness.

I haven't seen any fire extinguishers in the game yet, but I played my first game with it installed last night and only got 2 weapons dealers in the whole 6 hours (that was supposed to be only one hour) of play time. I'm planning on doing another run tonight and I'll spawn in a couple traders just to try and see if I can find it in there.

As for tazers, they are VERY effective. Usually one hit from a tazer wielder takes an enemy down. You just have to strategically place your tazer guys so they don't get shot in the face before they get in close enough to taze the crap out of some dude.

The Stun Gun however seems to have been nerfed by a lot though. The aim time between shots takes FOREVER. And the accuracy seems to be way down too but that could have been due to the fact that the guy I used them on last night kept moving around to find cover any time I moved my guys into better positions to shoot him. I would have ended up just taking a pistol guy out there but the only pistol wielder was in the hospital with the plague at that time. In the end it took well over 5 minutes and probably closer to 10 for 2 stun gunners to finally stun one guy with a pistol. In alpha 7 (the last time I actually used the stun guns) they seemed to be a lot more effective than they did last night.

skullywag

I need to revisit this....too busy playing with PODs....*grin*  (no im not telling...)  :p

rrooster

Quote from: Igabod on January 05, 2015, 03:04:58 PM
Quote from: rrooster on January 05, 2015, 02:53:44 PM

I haven't seen any fire extinguishers in the game yet, but I played my first game with it installed last night and only got 2 weapons dealers in the whole 6 hours (that was supposed to be only one hour) of play time. I'm planning on doing another run tonight and I'll spawn in a couple traders just to try and see if I can find it in there.

As for tazers, they are VERY effective. Usually one hit from a tazer wielder takes an enemy down. You just have to strategically place your tazer guys so they don't get shot in the face before they get in close enough to taze the crap out of some dude.

The Stun Gun however seems to have been nerfed by a lot though. The aim time between shots takes FOREVER. And the accuracy seems to be way down too but that could have been due to the fact that the guy I used them on last night kept moving around to find cover any time I moved my guys into better positions to shoot him. I would have ended up just taking a pistol guy out there but the only pistol wielder was in the hospital with the plague at that time. In the end it took well over 5 minutes and probably closer to 10 for 2 stun gunners to finally stun one guy with a pistol. In alpha 7 (the last time I actually used the stun guns) they seemed to be a lot more effective than they did last night.

A stun gun, together with a freaking flamethrower, featured prominently (against me) when some space soldiers woken from deep sleep overran my latest colony (there is a written account about it in the stories section of the forum).

skullywag

shenzya

yep , something like 15-20 hits for 1 damage each (frosbite damage)

skullywag

Ok so that ones working as intended. Well if it puts out large fires that is....

Grizzlyadamz

Hm, does the railgun destroy gear? How would I go about preventing that?

Poking around in the mod files (before even trying it out..) and I'm getting the feeling it uses some of that fancy DLL stuff. And I can't into DLL stuff...

skullywag

Yep it vaporizes. If it hits, the pawn and everything they own go poof.

Shinzy

Quote from: skullywag on January 06, 2015, 04:04:23 AM
Yep it vaporizes. If it hits, the pawn and everything they own go poof.
Is best used against centipede mechanoids =P
(and it felt veeery cheaty as I found out)

Edit: Oh and the picture of spraying fire extinguisher foam on the tribal makes me so happy.. ohh