[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLHeart

There are many input boxes in the vanilla game with the same problem. The focus just does not go to the actual input box.

Kaballah

Quote from: EdB on July 05, 2015, 03:25:13 PMHold down shift while dragging to make the numbers change more quickly.

This works?  I thought I had tried this a few times and it didn't look like it helped, thanks for confirming it at least.

EdB

Quote from: Kaballah on July 05, 2015, 10:43:26 PM
Quote from: EdB on July 05, 2015, 03:25:13 PMHold down shift while dragging to make the numbers change more quickly.

This works?  I thought I had tried this a few times and it didn't look like it helped, thanks for confirming it at least.

Yes.  You can also hold shift while clicking on the arrows to change the number by increments of 10 instead of increments of 1.

Kelian

So how much do we have to bribe Tynan to get this included in the vanilla game? ;)

Vas

Quote from: Kelian on July 06, 2015, 12:40:18 PM
So how much do we have to bribe Tynan to get this included in the vanilla game? ;)

1 million dollars! *pinky to mouth Dr. Evil face!* (Or whatever that bald guy's name is from Austin Powers movies.)
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Vingolf

What items do you usually pick while setting your team ?

Dragoon

Can you ask that in the the general mods section? Id tell you but I don't want to clutter up the mod.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Vas

I'm having a bit of a problem here, I'm trying to diagnose your mod to figure out how much exactly each thing costs and it's not stable.  Sometimes a skill point costs 25, sometimes 30.  It's random.

For example.  This colonist who has all things disabled except construction.  At zero, he costs 750 points.  So no skills no clothing, nothing.  He costs 0.
+25, +30, +25, +30, +25, +25, +30, +25, +30, +25, +25, +30, +25, +30, +25, +25, +30, +25, +30, +25
That's level 1 to level 20 in order.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

EdB

Quote from: Vas on July 13, 2015, 10:00:15 PM
I'm having a bit of a problem here, I'm trying to diagnose your mod to figure out how much exactly each thing costs and it's not stable.  Sometimes a skill point costs 25, sometimes 30.  It's random.

For example.  This colonist who has all things disabled except construction.  At zero, he costs 750 points.  So no skills no clothing, nothing.  He costs 0.
+25, +30, +25, +30, +25, +25, +30, +25, +30, +25, +25, +30, +25, +30, +25, +25, +30, +25, +30, +25
That's level 1 to level 20 in order.

It's probably a fraction that's getting rounded and then multiplied.  I'll have to double-check the math.

Vas

Think you could add a tool to your mod that exports the prices of everything?  In a tabbed txt format or even a choosable format?  Would make it much easier for updating and making external character creation tools.  :P  Especially with mods.  Be able to export a list after adding a bunch of mods and such.

Ninefinger

Also would you be able to add support for Apparello's Accessory Category, please.

sovietspyder

I seem to be having a bit of difficulty this this. Installed fine, menu pops up as it should, etcetra etcetra. However, when I load a preset and try to launch a new colony the preset gets overridden by the one the regular game sets with its randomly generated characters that you would otherwise get.

For example, I start a colony and the game assigns me Steve, Bob, and Jane when I want Doe, Billy, and James to go through their paces. The game assigns me the first 3 even though I loaded the preset with the latter.

Oh, also, I'm using the Hardcore SK Global modpack, which this came with, version 1.9.4 so it's up to date.

Any support would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Edit: Figured out what the problem was, Crash Landing was choosing the first three, disabled that and everything works fine.

Ninefinger

Quote from: sovietspyder on July 17, 2015, 02:49:28 AM
Edit: Figured out what the problem was, Crash Landing was choosing the first three, disabled that and everything works fine.

Crash landing has a prepare carefully compatible version to download.

EdB

Quote from: Vas on July 14, 2015, 02:27:52 AM
Think you could add a tool to your mod that exports the prices of everything?  In a tabbed txt format or even a choosable format?  Would make it much easier for updating and making external character creation tools.  :P  Especially with mods.  Be able to export a list after adding a bunch of mods and such.

It's unlikely that I'll create a tool like this (I just don't have time to do it).  I will consider including the source code for the cost calculator with the next release so that it's more obvious how I'm computing the point costs.

FluffyChief108

So, I downloaded the Mod for Alpha 11B. I Unzipped it. It's IN my actual Mod Menu, yet no matter what I do, when I start a new colony (on a new world, no less) that little thing for 'prepare carefully' never pops up. Help?