[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

Anything i can help with just nudge me, i see my weapons are involved here somehow.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

EdB

Quote from: cassiusworthington on April 25, 2016, 07:26:04 PM
https://goo.gl/photos/1k53mx4PnzbJYTaX6 (new photo) removes Gauss rifle and heat cannon . . . it works thank you but would you know why it would not work before?

I tried it with Skullywag's gauss weapons--those worked ok for me.  "Heat cannon"--which mod is that from?

Nanao-kun

Mj64

Try reinstalling both Rimsenal and Skullywag's weapons, then try it.

EdB

Quote from: cassiusworthington on April 25, 2016, 07:26:04 PM
https://goo.gl/photos/1k53mx4PnzbJYTaX6 (new photo) removes Gauss rifle and heat cannon . . . it works thank you but would you know why it would not work before?

Thanks everyone for letting me know which mods have those weapons.

It seems like there's some kind of complicated mod conflict at play here.  This makes it really difficult to tell what's going on.  I've got the following mods enabled, in this order:

• Community Core Library v0.13.1
  • EdB Mod Order
  • EdB Prepare Carefully
  • EdB Colonist Bar
  • GaussWeapons
  • FlameWeapons
  • Rimsenal
  • Rimfire 2.0 (also tried 1.9)

I loaded up my equipment to roughly match what's in your screenshot (the three weapons and the snowhare clothing), and it works without a problem for me.  I see that you have a lot of different mods enabled.  The best advice I can give is to start with a combination of mods that you know works.  Keep adding mods to that list until you run into a problem.  That's a good way to identify a mod conflict.

Anonymou$

| HELP |     Hey Ive been playing this game for a long time and now ive found the perfect mod for a personal start.
But I REALY want to start with 42 colonist (2 for each job) and in the colonist tab when creating a world, i can only add 10 colonist. I tryed to code them in a preset file (copy paste) and it worked until i pressed start (after ressource tabs (food animals resources u know )) and a message pop up saying me that the maximum number of colonist is 10.
If someone can tell me how & where i can change the maximum value it would be great.

EdB

Quote from: Anonymou$ on April 26, 2016, 11:22:12 AM
     | HELP |     Hey Ive been playing this game for a long time and now ive found the perfect mod for a personal start.
But I REALY want to start with 42 colonist (2 for each job) and in the colonist tab when creating a world, i can only add 10 colonist. I tryed to code them in a preset file (copy paste) and it worked until i pressed start (after ressource tabs (food animals resources u know )) and a message pop up saying me that the maximum number of colonist is 10.
If someone can tell me how & where i can change the maximum value it would be great.

Currently, there is no way to start with more than 10.  The reason for this has to do with the user interface.  Once you get more than 10 colonists, the tabs across the top become a problem, with the names becoming unreadable and overlapping the edges of the tabs.  If you approached the number of colonists that you're talking about, the tabs would be so jammed together that you could barely click on them.  To support more than 10, I need to code my own tab interface (instead of using the one that is used in the core game), which is a huge hassle.  It's a popular feature request, and I will consider doing this in the future, but it has not been a high priority.

Anonymou$

well i was able to add up to 20 colonist even with the name jamed in each tab (see rimworld.png) but are you sure that i cant change the maximum number of colonist because i still cant start the game with more than 10 colonist (see rimworld2.png)

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Kajin

I'm having a problem getting this mod to work. I have it unzipped into the appropriate folder and it's showing up in the mods section of the main menu, but when it's activated, even after quitting and restarting Rimworld, the Prepare Carefully button never shows up when selecting my pawns. Is this a known issue?

EdB

Quote from: Anonymou$ on April 26, 2016, 01:09:13 PM
well i was able to add up to 20 colonist even with the name jamed in each tab (see rimworld.png) but are you sure that i cant change the maximum number of colonist because i still cant start the game with more than 10 colonist (see rimworld2.png)

I can look at changing that hard max.  The user interface may still prevent you from adding, but if you want to go through and do a manual preset edit, I don't see any reason I should be blocking that.  I'll plan on looking at that with the next release.

EdB

Quote from: Kajin on April 26, 2016, 04:13:36 PM
I'm having a problem getting this mod to work. I have it unzipped into the appropriate folder and it's showing up in the mods section of the main menu, but when it's activated, even after quitting and restarting Rimworld, the Prepare Carefully button never shows up when selecting my pawns. Is this a known issue?

People do report this issue from time to time.  The most common cause is from accidentally double-extracting the zip file.  You want to make sure that your mod folder is /Mods/EdBPrepareCarefully with the files inside there and not /Mods/EdBPrepareCarefully/EdBPrepareCarefully.  Having the extra folder will definitely cause this problem.  If that's not it, let me know.

Kajin

Well, then.
No wonder I couldn't get any of my mods to work. They were ALL getting unzipped into the mods folder that way. The Prepare Carefully button is there and the feature appears to be working now, though I haven't started a colony yet.

Thanks for the help, I was pulling my hair out over here!

Anonymou$

Quote from: EdB on April 26, 2016, 09:27:08 PM
Quote from: Anonymou$ on April 26, 2016, 01:09:13 PM
I can look at changing that hard max.  The user interface may still prevent you from adding, but if you want to go through and do a manual preset edit, I don't see any reason I should be blocking that.  I'll plan on looking at that with the next release.
ok thanks

I realy bad at coding but i think that i could change it in the .dll file of the mod but i have no idea how to open it can someone help me plz

Noedul

Quote from: EdB on April 26, 2016, 11:48:10 AM
Currently, there is no way to start with more than 10.  The reason for this has to do with the user interface.  Once you get more than 10 colonists, the tabs across the top become a problem, with the names becoming unreadable and overlapping the edges of the tabs.  If you approached the number of colonists that you're talking about, the tabs would be so jammed together that you could barely click on them.  To support more than 10, I need to code my own tab interface (instead of using the one that is used in the core game), which is a huge hassle.  It's a popular feature request, and I will consider doing this in the future, but it has not been a high priority.
You can't display more than 10, but can you keep data for more than 10 in memory? If so, would it be possible with Rimworld's core interface to have navigation buttons that change which 10 colonists are displayed? (e.g. colonist 0-9 are displayed, press Next or add a new colonist, destroy tab for colonist 0, add tab for colonist 10)

Anonymou$

Quote from: Noedul on April 28, 2016, 07:18:18 AM
Quote from: EdB on April 26, 2016, 11:48:10 AM
You can't display more than 10, but can you keep data for more than 10 in memory? If so, would it be possible with Rimworld's core interface to have navigation buttons that change which 10 colonists are displayed? (e.g. colonist 0-9 are displayed, press Next or add a new colonist, destroy tab for colonist 0, add tab for colonist 10)
That's not really a problem even if the button next and previous for the navigation of the tab is a good idea.
The problem is that either the game or the mod doesn't allow you to start with more than 10 colonist (I think its from the mod because in the language folder of the game there is a line of text (You are not allowed to have more than {0} colonists) and his definition in the coding (EdB.PrepareCarefully.TooManyColonists)