[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumaan

Quote from: Too-DAMN-Much on May 02, 2016, 03:01:24 AM
i haven't started it in developer mode so i'm not sure about the debug menu, but there are no errors in the console like i recall seeing before that you can open, the output log: http://paste.ubuntu.com/16186076/
Can see an error from "Miscellaneous_MapGenerator", any change see a copy of the loadorder from your "ModsConfig.xml"?

Edit: Can see in the last line in the log the loadorder, and you got the wrong order. "Misc_Patch_-_EdBPrepareCarefully" need to be loaded after "EdBPrepareCarefully" and "Miscellaneous_MapGenerator"
And make a new world/save to be sure nothing is in the wrong order in the world/save.

Too-DAMN-Much

that's got it after i saw your edit, thanks a lot, game modding in general always reaches the point of wondering why i bothered at mod order, if only there was a way to test all mods at once and work out the mod order without failures instead.

Lumaan

Quote from: Too-DAMN-Much on May 02, 2016, 03:32:34 AM
that's got it after i saw your edit, thanks a lot, game modding in general always reaches the point of wondering why i bothered at mod order, if only there was a way to test all mods at once and work out the mod order without failures instead.
Happy to help 8)

Supershark88

Hey there, I've just decided to start up a new file with the Prepare Carefully mod and it doesn't seem to let me press the "Prepare Carefully" button. Any idea on why this is?

siebharrin

Quote from: Supershark88 on May 05, 2016, 03:40:22 PM
Hey there, I've just decided to start up a new file with the Prepare Carefully mod and it doesn't seem to let me press the "Prepare Carefully" button. Any idea on why this is?

I had that in the beginning too.. then I found out that I had downloaded the A12 version instead  :-[ .. worth doublechecking

slaveofpeon

Anyone else having issues with edb-p.c. a13 beta causing embrasures, Ive tried Enhanced defence and Combat realism defence, to stop working properly and become glorified walls? Its the only mod that fixes the issue when removed from my load order, and idk if thats a known bug or i am an idiot. Whether User error (possible) or Beta bug i cant seem to find any other instances of this happening.

my basic order that triggers it is:Core, CCL, Com. Real. Core, Comb. Real. Defence, EdB-Mod order and EdB-PC,
all of which are up to date on my end as of this post. I checked that first.
Don't mention the elephant in the room, since no one knows it exists if we make a rule against it and never talk about it.

Mention Rum, Get Sixxed

buder5

just to tell fiona farming  dosent work with the edb prepare carefully  the beta test thing for a13 the pawn get ramdomised after  if i choose fiona
(i say that to both author)

Anonymou$

Edb please i need more help. I saw the last version of the mod and i was pleased to see that you deleted the limit for the colonist. It still is limited to 12 though.I realy want to start with more than that can you tell me how can i do it please,

Chibiabos

Quote from: Supershark88 on May 05, 2016, 03:40:22 PM

I've had this same issue.  Are you also running the Miscellaneous (MAI) mod?  I am and wonder if there is a conflict.

I'm a bit frustrated with bug reporting on mods going through nearly 70 pages of posts here, but I noticed that the forum admins have setup a subforum under bugs to report and discuss bugs with mods.  I made a post on this (Prepare Carefully button not showing up with A13 beta version of this mod) here:  https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20252.0

I hope more mod users use the Mod Bugs subforum to mention/discuss mod bugs separately.  It just feels unwieldy to me to discuss them all on one thread that's so long there's no real practicality to reading through the entire thread to see if the particular problem someone is having with a mod has already been discussed and resolved 5, 10, 50 pages back in the thread.
Proud supporter of Rimworld since α7 (October 2014)!

Chibiabos

I've long noticed (since I found and tried this mod) there's a quirk in which a colonist auto-generated with passion for something will cost points to remove that passion when that should probably give points (because there's no downside to having passion).  I started a thread on this topic at the new Mod Bugs board here:  https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20256.0
Proud supporter of Rimworld since α7 (October 2014)!

SSS

I'm not sure if it's a A13-specifc bug or not since I never tried it in previous alphas, but when starting with a large number of colonists (~10) and a massive amount of items, the drop pods don't spawn all of the colonists (spawning only 4-6). I'm guessing the drop pods can't find a valid/open spot to spawn the colonists in, so they don't appear at all. Animals don't all spawn either, if they do at all.

If there's any way to fix this, it would be appreciated. Doing a themed playthrough will be much more tedious if I have to manually spawn in the colonists and/or items I want to start with through dev mode.

Fregrant

I am using Prepare Carefully + Crash landing, more men arriving in cryosleep capsules)

Dragoon

Quote from: Fregrant on May 28, 2016, 02:34:33 AM
I am using Prepare Carefully + Crash landing, more men arriving in cryosleep capsules)

I'm sorry you have to give some detail. Is the problem that more are spawning? If so that is part of the crash landing mod and thus no bug or anything it is supposed to do that.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Fregrant

Did not noticed the problem with trying to spawn much colonists with this mod. I made only 5-men team and small resources cache in Prepare Carefully. Also I am using Crash Landing, so there crashing more modules. Cryosleep modules with colonists. Prisoner modules with cutthroats. Weapon decks with guns. Animal cages. Resource pods. Radiation-leaking reactor. And more.
Using compatibility version, no problems so far.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=8967.0