[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdB

Quote from: Woolridge on January 14, 2015, 11:48:55 PM
is there anything i could do to make this great mod compatible with The Metal Age?

I did a new release, version 1.6.3, that should fix the problem.  I replaced the Plasteel Knife that is normally included in your starting equipment with an Iron Knife if you're using this mod.  Note that this will give you more available points than normal because a plasteel knife is much more valuable than an iron one.

Thanks for letting me know about the issue!

Woolridge

wow, that was fast O_O
well, i'll try it out and let you know if i get any further errors

edit

sorry, but i still end up in a blackscreen with the console spitting out dozens of errors,
the only difference is, that i'm now able to change the starting items, wich were a blank screen in the previous build^^

here a link to a screenshot of what i get when starting with EdB interface, Prepare Carefully and The Metal Age:
http://i.imgur.com/luOHWU8.jpg?1
(i hope that image-host is allowed here, since i don't know where else i should upload them)

Olek

Same here, I've disabled everything bar this and metal age, once I get into the game I have a blank screen, that then after moving the mouse gives very bright colors.

Ironvos

Everything works fine for me when i use my mod with prepare carefully.
I re-uploaded my mod as version 0.0.3, which is exactly the mod i use.
So if you still have trouble with EDB's mod when using 0.0.3 then i really have no idea what could be causing it.

And if you haven't done so already, make sure you create a new world when starting a game.

Olek

Quote from: Ironvos on January 15, 2015, 07:23:42 AM
And if you haven't done so already, make sure you create a new world when starting a game.

I just come back to report that I got it going, the problem was from trying to load a pre-set group of settlers from the version prior, made a new group and it's working fine.

Woolridge

Quote from: Ironvos on January 15, 2015, 07:23:42 AM

Quote from: Olek on January 15, 2015, 07:45:08 AM
I just come back to report that I got it going, the problem was from trying to load a pre-set group of settlers from the version prior, made a new group and it's working fine.

really, ok, then i'll toss my already saved group and create a new world aswell with the new version of the metal age

edit
yeah, finally everything works just fine now, i don't know if it's the new group, the new world or both of it, but it works, thanks a lot guys =)

ZakkB

I seem to be getting some weird bug that when pirates attack any that have Gun+ weapons instead have a weird blood looking effect in their hands instead of guns. When they fire, they turn into miniguns only with the speed, range and damage of whatever gun they're using (Carbine Minigun and 357 Minigun seem to be the most annoying). Haven't really changed anything since grabbing Guns+ originally except installing this mod. Thanks in advance for any help.

RookE5

This mod is wonderful! The only little issue I found is that if you change the skin color of a colonist and then change the head type right afterwards, it gets stuck at the next face you select, or it won't update anymore, until you randomize the appearance once. I know it's easy to bypass this, just wanted to let you all know.

EDIT:

By "changing color" I mean moving the rgb sliders. There is no issue when using the skin color presets.

EdB

Quote from: RookE5 on January 22, 2015, 06:06:49 PM
This mod is wonderful! The only little issue I found is that if you change the skin color of a colonist and then change the head type right afterwards, it gets stuck at the next face you select, or it won't update anymore, until you randomize the appearance once. I know it's easy to bypass this, just wanted to let you all know.

EDIT:

By "changing color" I mean moving the rgb sliders. There is no issue when using the skin color presets.

Thanks for pointing this out.  It looks like I accidentally added the color sliders to the head type.  Only the presets should be available because the game does not support arbitrary skin colors.  The head type is getting stuck because of this.  I will remove the sliders (I think I put them in to test something and then just forgot to take them back out).

RookE5

I am sorry to hear that you have to take these sliders out. May I suggest changing at least one of the presets to a more healthy looking tone, so all skin colors will be covered? Either the first or second one wood be best as they almost look equal. A good rgb combination, in my opinion, would be something around r 245; g 215; b 194, but of course this is up to you. Again awesome work! Thanks for this modification!

EdB

Quote from: RookE5 on January 23, 2015, 08:52:51 AM
May I suggest changing at least one of the presets to a more healthy looking tone, so all skin colors will be covered?

Unfortunately, this is a limitation in the game related to the way that it stores the graphics for heads.  I have not found a way to add new colors.

Kolljak

EdB im currently working on a big project could you and your Glorious C++ skills aid me in a few things
such as a code that could replace one item with another. Example being if i had tribal furniture and upgraded to medieval furniture it would remove tribal from the architect.

skullywag

post your question i  the mod help forum. im sure someone can help you there.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Dragoon

I noticed the prices are very expensive in the loading zone and from the traders they are usually lower (sometimes higher)
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

EdB

Quote from: Dragoon on January 23, 2015, 02:09:10 PM
I noticed the prices are very expensive in the loading zone and from the traders they are usually lower (sometimes higher)

There will always be a question of how to best balance the points.  I'd like to use the market value prices for all items--which is the starting point for the prices you see with traders--but I find it to be unbalanced in the context of selecting your starting equipment.  The best example is that the plasteel knife that you start off with has a market value of about 1150 silver, while a pistol is worth 60 silver.  That means you can trade in your one knife for almost 20 pistols, which just doesn't make sense. 

Balancing is difficult, and I'm sure I haven't gotten it quite right, but I decided to make things that are made from stuff cheaper than their market value and ranged weapons more expensive.