[Mod request] more interesting melee weapons (Lightsaber, Monkey King Bar, ...)

Started by eatKenny, October 03, 2014, 10:26:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eatKenny

Hello rimmers,

i wish i can program but i cant, however i do have some ideas for melee weapons. since Evul is busy updating "Project Armory" to Alpha 7 i might put some ideas here see if some current boring modifier can give it a jump start.

i call it "IT'S TIME..." serial(which actually makes no sense)

IT'S TIME...everyone loves lightsaber ::)

very rare and expensive, but we love it, because it deals great dmg and looks COOL ::)

i'm thinking like 100+ dmg per hit, like one hit one kill or incapacity(since legs or arms are more easily to cut off). and can eventully (20% chance?)deflect bullets and arrows etc.

imagen 20 heavily armed "jedi"(all jogger, brawler, bloodlust and masochist ::)) run into thousends of tribes...leave legs and arms all over the place and walk away with 900% mood ::)

eatKenny

IT'S TIME...lets kill monkeys to get the "Monkey King Bar", the weapon used by Sun Wukong

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruyi_Jingu_Bang

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Wukong

extremely rare, can only get from killing monkeys(have very small chance to drop. and yes, the raiders and pirates dont have it), can't be trade.

it has certainlly some magic power, it gives you 50% walkspeed bonus, a very small cool down(like 0.5-1s), stuns enemy with every sucessful hit (really a nightmare for the fleeing enemies ::))and deals good dmg too(like 30+)

tired of seeing enimies with good guns running away? getting frustrated from enemy snipers? well, a jogger with monkey king bar ist all you need.

and well... not a good day for monkeys :'(

eatKenny

IT'S TIME...the "Mjolnir"(Hammer of Thor), well, faked Mjolnir

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mj%C3%B6lnir

no one can ever built the god's weapon, but we can fake it ;D

the faked Mjolnir is actually a hammer with a high energy batterie in it, makes it have chances to deal extra electrical dmg(which i'm not sure if it really hurt people in current game and maybe it's impossble to make a weapon to deal 2 types of dmg).

unique ability: "Zeus' Fury"

if you use the faked Mjolnir under certain weather conditions (Rainy thunderstorm or Dry thunderstorm), every successful hit will be punished by Zeus(well, you are using the faked god's weapon :-\), Zeus will releas a lighting strike, hits ground within 5 radius around you, well, it may hits both you and the enemies.

imagen two hostile factions with 100+ pawns equipped with faked Mjolnir having a skirmish in dry thunderstorm, leave nothing but a delicious barbecue smell... ::)

eatKenny

IT'S TIME...the useless "Jeremy Clarkson's Hammer"

rare but cheap because it's somehow useless, it makes you just like the old, lazy, fat Jeremy Clarkson, -20% movespeed, -30% global work speed, upsides are, it will double the recruit prisoner chance and double the social chat impact. it deals 2 dmg.

unique ability: "Taunt"

in the middle of a fierce fighting you may randomly make up an offensive joke that makes every enemy within 10 radius around you attacks you, it will also boost up allie's mood +20 within the same radius :o

datdenkikniet

I like your ideas!
little note though: mjölnir belongs to Thor, not to Zeus (Zeus is the Greek god of lightning, thunder and the sky, he throws lightning crafted by Hephaestus. Thor is a Nordic god, a son of Odin (if I'm not mistaken))

blaze7736

Hey guys i am a moder and love the ideas so i will take up this project for you guys so keep the suggestions coming and if you wish to help all i need is textures if you can else i will make them. So post your ideas here or message them to me to be added and plz post what we should call the mod ty 

eatKenny

Quote from: datdenkikniet on October 14, 2014, 05:11:21 PM
I like your ideas!
little note though: mj�lnir belongs to Thor, not to Zeus (Zeus is the Greek god of lightning, thunder and the sky, he throws lightning crafted by Hephaestus. Thor is a Nordic god, a son of Odin (if I'm not mistaken))

ooops...my mistake, not really familiar with these things ???

eatKenny

Quote from: blaze7736 on October 16, 2014, 07:02:45 AM
Hey guys i am a moder and love the ideas so i will take up this project for you guys so keep the suggestions coming and if you wish to help all i need is textures if you can else i will make them. So post your ideas here or message them to me to be added and plz post what we should call the mod ty

oh thats great. i will work on textures, hope i can finish them in a couple of days. ideas will also be posted when they randomly turn up ::)

PS: they are just very rough ideas so you dont have to take every one of them seriously and for the mod name i would like to call it "melee weapon collection", but feel free to make a name of your own if you dont like it ;)

mrofa

But how can we forget about most Op weapon in universe and all its dimesnsions
All i do is clutter all around.

Evul

eatKenny

"The dark force is strong in you..."

so? you guys like it?

i got some Lightsaber sound too, which can be used as Lightsaber attacking sound(if possible) or picking up sound.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

datdenkikniet

blaze7736

Hey Guys the First Release of the mod has now been release i called it the "It is Time" Mod thanks eatkenny for the Textures and as soon as you make the others i will implement them. So go downlode it and enjoy tell me if its unbalanced or to expensive to buy the lightsabres but for quick play spawn some in and go wild.
Link to the mod: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6925.0

eatKenny

nice work Blaze ;)

i do made some little equippedAngleOffset tweaks so that they have better pose when equipped(well i'm a designer so sometimes i want things perfect ;)), and add an equippt sound(Lightsaber On Sound, it's awsome 8)). no need to worry about weapon balance now, it's always a long way to go.

two things:

i have a Lightsaber attacking sound in "Sounds" folder and already created a Def for it in "SoundDefs", is it possible that it overwrites the orignal melee attacking sound(it sounds awful for Lightsaber fight)?

another thing is: in night time Lightsaber will be dimmed like any other weapons, is it possible to ditch the dim-order for Lightsabers? so that they will be really shiny in a night fight ::)

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

blaze7736

For the original melee sound i think it is being pulled in when you do cut damage so i think we need to make a specific damage just for these weapons (i need to test this but its late here for me so i will try in the morning, unless you want to have a go) and for the glow i will look into that later and see what i can do for now the sabres give you speed and super Armour buff, yet if you can get me more textures we can get more weapons into this mod. Make any changes you like and i will carry them across to the main one. thanks for the help and hope things go well