[MOD] (Alpha 7) Mining&Co.: Security enforcement (V1.5 12-11-2014)

Started by Rikiki, October 17, 2014, 06:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should be modified to balance the high precision lasgun?

Reduce range (45 -> 40 like a m-24).
9 (16.7%)
Reduce range and increase damage
14 (25.9%)
This weapon is awesome and should not be modified! (kidding) ;-)
30 (55.6%)
Other (please specify how)
1 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 54

mrofa

All i do is clutter all around.

Rikiki

That's doable. :)
But it is mainly drawing an atlas which would be quite painful for me. :P
I note it in my TODO list. :D

mrofa

i was thinking more about single tile block that shoot to other same block with a beam :D
All i do is clutter all around.

Rikiki

So this is a sort of laser door?
Like in this corridor? ('|' is a wall, 'H' is a fence block, '=' are laser beams)

| |
H=H
| |

This could be fun but would require some work. I will think about it. :)

Rikiki

That's all the difficulty! ;)
I think the door should be undestructable BUT I plan it to be a 3x3 "door block" like this ('H' is a wall block, '=' the laser beam and 'C' a small console to represent the fact that colonists need to insert their door pass):

H C
H=H
H C

This way, the "door beam" is undestructible but raider can still break the door!
What do you think about this solution?

Rikiki

Added the alert speaker (see main post).
Waiting for your opinion about it... :)

Iwillbenicetou

Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Rikiki

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on November 06, 2014, 07:22:40 PM
So what does it do exactly?
Is it not clear in the main post? :(

So *** alert spoiler ***:

• No danger: green light, no sound => no effect
  • Low danger: yellow waving light, 2 loud sirens => nearby colonist are granted a small defensive bonus (10% move speed, -5% aiming time, small mood bonus)
  • High danger: red flashing light, 4 alert sirens => nearby colonist are granted a high defensive bonus (20% move speed, -10% aiming time, high mood bonus)
  • Danger for a long period (more than 2 days) => all colonists are granted a small malus (-5% move speed, slight mood malus)

I hope it is clear now! :D

eatKenny

Quote from: Rikiki on November 04, 2014, 11:27:45 AM
That's all the difficulty! ;)
I think the door should be undestructable BUT I plan it to be a 3x3 "door block" like this ('H' is a wall block, '=' the laser beam and 'C' a small console to represent the fact that colonists need to insert their door pass):

H C
H=H
H C

This way, the "door beam" is undestructible but raider can still break the door!
What do you think about this solution?

for the laser door/gate/fense i'm thinking it will run with 2 modes:

mode 1: normal mode, can walk through but deals damage and set fire to the pawn who does, uses little power(still a lot compare to normal things) and has no limited active time

mode 2: full power mode, can't walk through but uses a lot of power and has limited active time(like 15s, afterwards auto switch to normal mode) due to overheating(it's acctually to prevent lock enemies in a killing zone forever which is imba), a long cooldown time for the next full power mode(like 3 min?)

and of cause it can be shot through like embrasures.

JuliaEllie

Aw I love the alert speaker - its so simple yet so genius. I assume it goes off automatically when pawns which are not friendly are on the map or in the homezone. I love this kind of well made fluff stuff :)

Rikiki

@JuliaEllie: Thanks! :)
Mmh, the danger rate is based on the storyteller danger watcher (easiest way without counting every ticks how much enemies are alive), so as long as an enemy pawn is on the map, the danger will at least be set to "yellow = low danger".
The limit of this system is that the alarm will be set on for a very long time when under siege or if there is still one incapacitated enemy pawn (will stop when he is in your jail ;D).
Anyway, I can still improve it based on your feedback. :)

@eatKenny: this version would be quite dangerous as your own colonists could be set on fire...
I still have to brainstorm about it. ::)
I will not go for a complete fence system for now as it would require a looot of work and I want to play too! ;) But the laser door could be quite interresting: a sort of unattackable door while powered but you can shoot through.

Anyway, I have other projects in mind ("Hey! Who said a sniper nest for high precision lasgun >:(?" Could be cool... 8))

eatKenny

@Laser gate: of cause the laser gate is normally shut down(otherwise it's a waste of power), it's only powered on in defense situation.

@Laser sniper nest: if you start to develop the turret version of your laser weapons i'm very pleased ;)

Rikiki

Sorry, I usualy just build 3 turrets per entrance so this is not my priority. :-\ I prefer the colonist-focus defense instead of turret-based defense.
I'm more thinking about those kind of sniper nests :):
this or this.

shadowstreaker

Could you potentially attach the alert alarm to a network and make it act like a switch? Like it can be used to turn on the power to turrets, doors and shields when an attack occurs, and off again when the danger subsides?