[MOD](A9) Cybernetic Storm - Balances and Fix (v3.5 - 19MAR15)

Started by elStrages, December 11, 2014, 07:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elStrages

Thanks to everyone who helped me in resolving some of the issue, I have completely redone most of the mod to streamline and smooth out the crap bits, anyone willing to give it a bash and let me know if they can break it would be great. I have played it for 3 -4 hours but I may have missed some stuff.
Again thanks and happy gaming!

millenium

elStrages

kokuto

One of the strange things to me is the nano brains take far more to construct but give lower star boosts compared to the vanilla brain implants like bionic brain pal. Also perhaps you should make those craftable on the bioncs table.

theubie

Out of curiosity, you think you can work in either using herbal medicine for surgery or a way to make medicine?  Not sure if that's out of the scope of what you're doing with the mod, but it would make life better for those of us who have trouble trading for them.

elStrages

Quote from: theubie on December 17, 2014, 12:57:18 AM
Out of curiosity, you think you can work in either using herbal medicine for surgery or a way to make medicine?  Not sure if that's out of the scope of what you're doing with the mod, but it would make life better for those of us who have trouble trading for them.

I will have a look at the medicine side of things it shouldn't be hard at all to make medicine. Is there a particular set if ingredients you liked for the recipe? I would try to make to the recipes with the other medicine but unless it already has a group class I can use it would mean ediditing parts of the core game if which I try not to do for compatability reasons. Either way I will have a look :) it's probably something I should have always had in lol

EDIT: I have looked though and there is no such thing as a bionic brain in vanilla. what exactly is the item called?

elStrages

Quote from: kokuto on December 16, 2014, 11:38:10 PM
One of the strange things to me is the nano brains take far more to construct but give lower star boosts compared to the vanilla brain implants like bionic brain pal. Also perhaps you should make those craftable on the bioncs table.

Oh really. Cool well thanks. I guess I havnt looked I to the vanilla brains as I didn't think there were any. Are you con about the so persona core? I will have a look and adjust the stats accordingly.

kokuto

I will test out the new build of this first, I think since you are aware of nano brain issues now you can make them superior to the flesh brains and the vanilla bionic brains as it should be.

elStrages

Quote from: kokuto on December 17, 2014, 05:23:18 AM
I will test out the new build of this first, I think since you are aware of nano brain issues now you can make them superior to the flesh brains and the vanilla bionic brains as it should be.

Much appreciated thanks :)

theubie

Herbal Medicine is in the eType of Medicine, per the Item_Resources. 

I think, though that making Medicine would probably be better than being able to use herbal in the long run as it would also be an investment of time.  Maybe 10:1 ratio?  10 herbal to 1 medicine.  Would also be ok with having a requirement of steel with it as well (herbal medicine looks like a bundle of plants, while medicine looks like some sort of medkit).  Maybe 10 or 20 herbal + 5 steel?

elStrages

Quote from: theubie on December 17, 2014, 10:09:18 AM

I think, though that making Medicine would probably be better than being able to use herbal in the long run as it would also be an investment of time.  Maybe 10:1 ratio?  10 herbal to 1 medicine.  Would also be ok with having a requirement of steel with it as well (herbal medicine looks like a bundle of plants, while medicine looks like some sort of medkit).  Maybe 10 or 20 herbal + 5 steel?
Making them is defo the better idea. I was thinking this:
10 herbs > 5 cloth    > 2 steel
Medicine > bandages > tools

EDIT: I have added this into the game with the above recipe

kokuto

I'm not sure if this is a bug or some incompatibility thing on my end.

The cybernetics table presently only allows the creation of AI chips (for me). I had already researched cybernetics. I saw on a merchant something about a cybernetic suit and cybernetic armour, but it was all too expensive for me to purchase and try out.

elStrages

Quote from: kokuto on December 17, 2014, 11:47:52 AM
I'm not sure if this is a bug or some incompatibility thing on my end.

The cybernetics table presently only allows the creation of AI chips (for me). I had already researched cybernetics. I saw on a merchant something about a cybernetic suit and cybernetic armour, but it was all too expensive for me to purchase and try out.
Not a bug, a temporary setup, as some parts were not complete on last issue, but I needed to get out the current version to resolve a large amount of bugs. As you say you saw the Cybernetic Suit, items are in just not completely finished. Sorry For This!

Also there are no Vanilla brains that I have seen, when you referred to this earlier, what specific item was it you were referring to?

On another not and just for peoples information I have put the whole thing up on moddb now. if you could have a look it would be great thanks.

theubie

Quote from: elStrages on December 17, 2014, 10:41:14 AM
Quote from: theubie on December 17, 2014, 10:09:18 AM

Making them is defo the better idea. I was thinking this:
10 herbs > 5 cloth    > 2 steel
Medicine > bandages > tools

EDIT: I have added this into the game with the above recipe

Hmm, didn't think of the cloth idea.  I created a quick mod using herbs and steel only, but the cloth addition is a good touch.  I'll just drop my mod and wait for your release with this included.  (Wasn't too thrilled with the workbench texture I made anyway. :P)