[MOD][A8]Deep Strike - For the Emprah - WH40k - Mechanoid Squads! (23.12.2014)

Started by JuliaEllie, December 23, 2014, 05:13:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ded1

Well if you go by cannon (i dont mean codex values but the official books and even the stories withing the codex) 1 space marine can take on and win against 1000 guardsmen or more and about the same number orks.  For balancing purposes they are weakened significantly for the tabletop game,  where 1 in 6 shots can penetrate their armor, instead of 1 in 100.  They also can survive having half of their body blown away if 1 lung and 1 heart are still working.  So them being godly is correct.  And a large part of that is their armor.
Feel Good Modpack
Sorry but the pack isn't updated yet!

Just gonna be lurking the forums for a while.

Garen

If youre looking for new mechanoid ideas, look no further
i present to you from Metal Arms: Glitch in the System....

The Guard!
the guard is a very fast mechanoid thats stronger then the scyther and comes with two variations

Alpha - carries a sharp powermace
Beta - Carries a shotgun that strangely looks just like the mace

[attachment deleted due to age]

Garen

Also got the Titan (not titanfalls version the Metal Arms version)

pretty much the mechanoids equal to the space marine

Armorer

Quote from: JuliaEllie on December 25, 2014, 04:37:13 AM
Hmm thats weird. Maybe the imperial guard mod changes a few files that clash with Deep Strike.
Pawn have to be mechanoid or humanoid to be not animal(able to use weapons and factions and squads). So orks are mechanoids becouse it's easier to make NPC pawn that way. They cheap have great spawn value so any time game wants to spawn mechanoids it will spawn orks. Lot of orks.

Armorer

Quote from: Ded1 on December 26, 2014, 05:29:30 PM
Well if you go by cannon (i dont mean codex values but the official books and even the stories withing the codex) 1 space marine can take on and win against 1000 guardsmen or more and about the same number orks.  For balancing purposes they are weakened significantly for the tabletop game,  where 1 in 6 shots can penetrate their armor, instead of 1 in 100.  They also can survive having half of their body blown away if 1 lung and 1 heart are still working.  So them being godly is correct.  And a large part of that is their armor.

In 7 Alpha I try to make some chaos space marines just fo lulz. Armor with 0.95 protection value (pierce, blunt, flame) that grants some bonuses to hit chance. Human body with 3x health with false isFlesh value for no pain shock and no bleeding. Enhanced walk speed and basic close combat. Arrive at 10 men squad with decent weapons like bolters, flamers etc. It literaly was rape train with no brakes. Becouse you can't overshoot them, can't melee them, you can just use suicide squads or multiple lines of defence to make shure thay will do enough damage for a tactical withdraw.

TrashMan

I did a little experimenting. Turns out I made the Terminator armor chest too high. That's why it looks so wrong.
You can re-downalod the Astartest.rar file.
I added in a full Terminator armor set that looks a lot better

EDIT:
forgot to add weapons in the file, but I'm still making them, so it will wait for another time.

TrashMan

Power Sword, Power Fist, Storm Bolter and Assault Cannon weapons& graphics:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tbw929rpb56q1/Various

Weapons prolly won't work without the DLL from Project armory.

JuliaEllie

Quote from: TrashMan on December 27, 2014, 11:52:43 AM

Thank you very much for the new textures but at the moment Im not able to work on anything for personal reasons. Im not even sure if I can continue in the forseeable future.

Dragoon

um after they have been called down when do they leave? (they are eating all my food.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

TrashMan

Quote from: JuliaEllie on December 27, 2014, 12:28:08 PM
Quote from: TrashMan on December 27, 2014, 11:52:43 AM

Thank you very much for the new textures but at the moment Im not able to work on anything for personal reasons. Im not even sure if I can continue in the forseeable future.

I can take over in your absence then.

I'll see about merging this with the Imperial guard and Orcs.
together with my stuff...we shall have.. AN UBER-MOD!

Dragoon

Quote from: Dragoon on December 27, 2014, 12:58:37 PM
um after they have been called down when do they leave? (they are eating all my food.

I found a way around it :D (lock them in rooms till they slowly starve to death.
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

JuliaEllie

Quote from: Dragoon on December 27, 2014, 06:28:19 PM
Quote from: Dragoon on December 27, 2014, 12:58:37 PM

I found a way around it :D (lock them in rooms till they slowly starve to death.

They leave when there are no mechanoids alive anymore.

Dragoon

uhh that did not happen they stayed for several weeks eating about 2-300 fine meals and about 50 or so lavish meals. (I had not food left) I cant post screenshots because the saves are long gone (auto saves and whatnot I have 26 corpses (not count the ones I had to cook and eat) tho so you can imagine how much they will eat without contributing.)

Plymouth

BOTTLE BRUVAS, I BROGHHT YE SOME BOLTHURS.

Plymouth

SOME MORE BOLTHURS

EVEN MORE IN THE WORKSHOP

MACHINES FOR THE MACHINE GOD