[A15] Industrialisation (04-09-2016)

Started by eatKenny, January 02, 2015, 05:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eatKenny

Quote from: Tericc on February 10, 2015, 03:50:22 PM
I been using your mod for some time now and Im liking it a lot.

I have a question tho with a problem i am having in regards to your concrete. I been trying to use it as a building material. Walls work fine but in everything else does not. The nuke plant doesn't accept concrete nor does any other structures that i had attempted to build concrete with accepts it.

what happens is i place the structure down, the metal is transported over to the item (if called for)but not the concrete despite having far more then necessary.

Any help would be appreciated.

that's a issue of adding a new resource to the game. but if you do have enough concrete they should be added to the building spot(make sure they're not forbidden/inaccessible). and, concrete only stack up to 24, 1200 concrete will take a lot of space so sometimes it seems that you have a lot but actually not.

Jan2607

I've got a little problem. I use these mods:

Industrialisation
Turret collection
TargetPractise

But since I use these mods, no trade ship comes around. No weapons traders, no slave traders, no general traders.
I think, this could be a problem with this Industrialisation mod, because it is the only one, who changes the traders.
Can anyone help me? I am using dev mode to get traders, but that can't be the best solution :(

Tericc

Quote from: eatKenny on February 10, 2015, 04:43:45 PM

I have a question tho with a problem i am having in regards to your concrete. I been trying to use it as a building material. Walls work fine but in everything else does not. The nuke plant doesn't accept concrete nor does any other structures that i had attempted to build concrete with accepts it.

what happens is i place the structure down, the metal is transported over to the item (if called for)but not the concrete despite having far more then necessary.

that's a issue of adding a new resource to the game. but if you do have enough concrete they should be added to the building spot(make sure they're not forbidden/inaccessible). and, concrete only stack up to 24, 1200 concrete will take a lot of space so sometimes it seems that you have a lot but actually not.
I have roughly 500 concrete at all times.
the structure i tried to make with concrete only required 120
The concrete was not forbidden or inaccessible.
I Had a few workers just idling around.  I could not tell them to focus on the creation of the structure.

what it does say when i try is that it is missing materials as if none existed.

Thnx tho ,  at least its a known bugg of some sort.

eatKenny

Quote from: Tericc on February 10, 2015, 09:23:00 PM
Quote from: eatKenny on February 10, 2015, 04:43:45 PM

I have roughly 500 concrete at all times.
the structure i tried to make with concrete only required 120
The concrete was not forbidden or inaccessible.
I Had a few workers just idling around.  I could not tell them to focus on the creation of the structure.

what it does say when i try is that it is missing materials as if none existed.

Thnx tho ,  at least its a known bugg of some sort.

If you're building a mine make sure you have a mining drill.

Tericc

Tho it is not the mine, trying to build your nuclear power plant but no one is delivering the concrete at all to the structure even tho i have 1200 of it already premade. plenty of access room and not X'd out.

Even so They delivered all the metal required 1800 of it. the storage for the metal is located in the same room as the concrete (because of the production of it) so i know its not a pathing issue.

eatKenny

Quote from: Tericc on February 11, 2015, 02:34:29 PM
Tho it is not the mine, trying to build your nuclear power plant but no one is delivering the concrete at all to the structure even tho i have 1200 of it already premade. plenty of access room and not X'd out.

Even so They delivered all the metal required 1800 of it. the storage for the metal is located in the same room as the concrete (because of the production of it) so i know its not a pathing issue.

can you show me a screenshot?

Tericc

Its been awhile since i posted pics online.
The first one is the Nuke plant that has the metal in it.
The second is the storage of the concrete itself. tried to get what was outside the base as well.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Tericc

eatKenny

Quote from: Tericc on February 11, 2015, 03:57:10 PM
The storage area

you don't have enough concrete, i can't see the number clearly but it's not 1200. as i said you have to have enough concrete otherwise the colonists won't haul them to the building spot.

Tericc

Ahh, understood now. I must have missed the part where I needed to have exact supplies ready before they build it. I had taken it for granted where other construction is done even if most parts are missing.

My appologies.

Jan2607

I tested the mine, because I don't have enough steel, but I'm a little disappinted...
I need 20 steel to produce a drill head, plus the time my workers spend to produce the drill head AND to mine the steel (a lot of time), but I got only 37 of steel. So I need 20 steel and a lot of time to get a profit of 17 steel? That's the effort not worth.

I tried to change this in the defs by myself, but I didn't find it. Can you tell me which datas I have to change to get more steel, please?

eatKenny

Quote from: Jan2607 on February 11, 2015, 06:27:56 PM
I tested the mine, because I don't have enough steel, but I'm a little disappinted...
I need 20 steel to produce a drill head, plus the time my workers spend to produce the drill head AND to mine the steel (a lot of time), but I got only 37 of steel. So I need 20 steel and a lot of time to get a profit of 17 steel? That's the effort not worth.

I tried to change this in the defs by myself, but I didn't find it. Can you tell me which datas I have to change to get more steel, please?

the amount of resource you get from every opration is related to crafting skill. so in late game it will worth it.

you can go to "Mods\Industrialisation\Defs\RecipeDefs\Recipes_IR" to change the base amount.

elStrages

I think your complaint is mood. The mod is balanced for a game over a period of time. You shouldn't just be able to mine 200 steel straight away. Good dll.

Jan2607

I only set down the working time the workers spend at the mine.

I'm now at day 180, I've 13 colonists and I'm not playing on a big mountain map, so steel was always a problem to me.
In addition I use the turret collection mod, so I need a lot of steel.
When Tynan balanced the game, he didn't think about mods which require that mass of steel :D