[A15] Industrialisation (04-09-2016)

Started by eatKenny, January 02, 2015, 05:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jabbamonkey

I noticed an order issue with my [https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10778.0]Steel Rock Slag[/url] mod. You can see the new textures if you just load Steel Rock Slag AFTER the Industrialisation mod. So, first Industrialisation and second Steel Rock Slag. However... this messes with the iron / steel production of Industrialisation (if you mine iron, you get steel)

eatKenny,
I think this reorder conflicts with your use of Iron and Steel.  For example, if you mine iron, you get steel (with my textures).  Let me know how you want to fix this.  My mod just redesignates the path to the texture files.  Also, you might want to check out the combat realism mod. They also modify the STEEL resource def file ... so that mod will conflict with yours as well.

UMK

Quote from: Undecided on March 04, 2015, 05:29:27 PM
With the new temperature system, have you ever considered removing the outdoor-only (no roof) requirements for the nuclear power plant, and instead just having it produce lots of heat in the room it's in? Since the cooling tower basically is a giant heat sink, it makes more sense than an arbitrary outdoor-only limitation. It would also add a lot more depth to using them -- making them less efficient in hotter climates (requiring more coolers operating), having to manage core temperature to prevent a meltdown (or in in-game mechanics, preventing room temperature getting high enough from starting spontaneous fires) by having proper ventilation, and so on.
'Only outside' limitation? Never heard of it. Build it in unroofed area and then cover it with roof. Have to use breaching charges or whatever to build under mountain roof.
Also, amount of mining production depends on ButcheryMechanoidEfficiency (as of 0.97b) stat of your colonists. Multiply it on 44 (steel, aluminium, iron, bronze), 14(uranium), 8(gold), 75(silver) to calculate the result.
Quote from: thenightgaunt on March 18, 2015, 07:05:18 PM
What's the most you got out of the mine with Iron? I noticed that my guys were bringing back around 40 or so iron with each run. When I popped open the mod it looked like the max output for Iron on the mine was about 44. So I guess what I'm wondering is what's the max you've been able to pull out? Or to put it another way, is that 44 I saw the max limit, or does the skill result in production going below and above that number?
Amount of mining production depends on ButcheryMechanoidEfficiency (as of 0.97b) stat of your colonists. Multiply it on 44 (steel, aluminium), 22(bronze), 14(uranium), 4(gold), 75(silver) to calculate the result. For example, my colonist with 509% dissasembly effciency gives 20 gold.
Hence, with wrench from Thingamajigs you will get 2x mining output.

eatKenny

Quote from: MsMeiriona on March 18, 2015, 08:32:38 PM
With the latest update, any specifics  in mod ordering we should be worried about?
new Version do have some vanilla overhauls and may not working smoothly with other mods which also overhauls vanilla game. you may try couple of times to sort it out.

i dont play much and when i play i only play with very few mods (mostly EdB mods) so there is not much i can tell now.

eatKenny

Quote from: jabbamonkey on March 18, 2015, 10:26:14 PM
I noticed an order issue with my [https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10778.0]Steel Rock Slag[/url] mod. You can see the new textures if you just load Steel Rock Slag AFTER the Industrialisation mod. So, first Industrialisation and second Steel Rock Slag. However... this messes with the iron / steel production of Industrialisation (if you mine iron, you get steel)

eatKenny,
I think this reorder conflicts with your use of Iron and Steel.  For example, if you mine iron, you get steel (with my textures).  Let me know how you want to fix this.  My mod just redesignates the path to the texture files.  Also, you might want to check out the combat realism mod. They also modify the STEEL resource def file ... so that mod will conflict with yours as well.

yes that's the problem with overhaul. if it's only about texture i can add a altnative texture pack to the mod. but i can't really do anything about Defs though, every mod has diffrent concept/understanding of a certain item(in this case the "steel").

eatKenny

about mining Efficiency:

in Alpha 9 Tynan seems make almost all recipes have a fixed Output and ditched a lot of "Efficiency-factor". but i do want have a skill-related Output for mine(good for late-game economy when colonists have higher skills).

the best you can get from mine (without other mods) is 171% of default output (crafting skill 20 and two bionic arms). the output of each resource is balanced to total value of about 85 (less for silver and gold). if you're using other mods which increases the crafting-efficiency you may find the mine is very overpowerd.

Avtomatik

I just started a new game with industrialisation and realized I am unable to build any power production building swithout steel, and steel cant be get without having a steel mixer, which you can't build without concrete, for which you need to research concrete production. Is such a steep curve for power production intended, or should I just get a bunch of concrete for starting resource?

jabbamonkey

I'm noticing a few issues with using iron and steel ... steel is very important to vanilla, so modifying it causes issues. Also, it conflicts with several mods. I'm removing Industrialisation until these issues are resolved. Feel free to fix, or not ... up to you.

Quote from: eatKenny on March 19, 2015, 06:49:41 AM
i dont play much and when i play i only play with very few mods (mostly EdB mods) so there is not much i can tell now.

An important part of modding is testing ... and, most people use several mods (especially when they play often), so it's important to have some cross-mod-compatibility.

eatKenny

Quote from: Avtomatik on March 19, 2015, 08:47:51 AM
I just started a new game with industrialisation and realized I am unable to build any power production building swithout steel, and steel cant be get without having a steel mixer, which you can't build without concrete, for which you need to research concrete production. Is such a steep curve for power production intended, or should I just get a bunch of concrete for starting resource?

try find any steelwalls in the map to deconstruct to get steel in early game. backyard furnace can be build from any Stone and dont use power, so it's not THAT difficult. but i may tweak steel Needs for early game a Little for following Releases.

eatKenny

Quote from: jabbamonkey on March 19, 2015, 09:49:00 AM
I'm noticing a few issues with using iron and steel ... steel is very important to vanilla, so modifying it causes issues. Also, it conflicts with several mods. I'm removing Industrialisation until these issues are resolved. Feel free to fix, or not ... up to you.

Quote from: eatKenny on March 19, 2015, 06:49:41 AM

An important part of modding is testing ... and, most people use several mods (especially when they play often), so it's important to have some cross-mod-compatibility.

i will try to improve the compatibility (may release a lite version without vanilla overhaul), for now you can still use v0.96 if you like, the download-link is still there ;)

MsMeiriona

yeah, looking like I'll prefer a non-overhaul version to remain available. It's a nice idea in theory, but it doesn't play well with other mods.

HBKRKO619

I think I will wait for a less "mod conflict" version to. After a quick test, the procces to build a simple solar generator is way to long for an early game power building.

pktongrimworld

+1 for a version without vanilla overhaul.

*is already bad enough to get the other mods to talk to each other...

dareddevil7

you should just always release a version with the overhaul code cut out

code99xx

+1 for lite version, not gonna use this mod otherwise. I have tons of mods that i cant live without and there are a lot of incompatibilities with this mod so until they are fixed or you release a lite version i wont be playing this.

eatKenny

a lite version will be released early next week ;)

should i keep steel and furnace in the lite version? i can rename steel to "refined steel" so that it won't mix up with vanilla steel.