[A15] Industrialisation (04-09-2016)

Started by eatKenny, January 02, 2015, 05:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eatKenny

Quote from: Kyace on October 18, 2015, 05:25:11 PM
Very cool mod; I'm really liking the 'effort' (roughly 3 pawns to keep the mine working and making drill heads with a goodly electricity cost) that it takes to keep the drill working and the SkyDriller visual effect.

A minor note, there appears to be two typos in "Recipes_IR.xml". First, the line "<jobString>Mining deep compacted stee.</jobString>" under MiningDeepSteel is missing an L.

Secondly, the line "<jobString>Mining deep uranium ore.</jobString>" has been copied under the MiningDeepPlasteel recipe without being edited to say plasteel.

I can fix it on my local copy, but thought that you might want to fix it in your original. The second issue, with the plasteel giving a uranium jobstring really had me confused during my game as I was trying to get my bills prioritized correctly.

Again, I'm really enjoying the mod! Thanks for making it and sharing it.

thanks for the kind words, i will correct the mistakes on next update!

eatKenny

Quote from: Twinkieishere17 on October 18, 2015, 09:23:51 PM
Hey, I'm not sure if I'm just doing something wrong, or if the mods aren't meshing or what. But when I try to use the sky drill call down it says it has called for it, but it doesn't seem to actually do anything. From what I've read it seems there should be a beam from the sky or some graphics effect to accompany it.

Thanks if you can give me some help :).

Edit: It also does not make the mining hole, just thought I'd make that part clear ;).

I dont know if there is any mod compatibility issues there(this mod doesnt have any vanilla-overhaul item so it should work fine with other mods). otherwise please wait, after the call it usually takes about one day till the skydrill comes. and please make sure that the drill location is not under "overhead mountain", the skydrill cant drill throuh mountain.

LustrousWolf

I assume EPOE and this mod do not work together because they both change the electric smelter? Is there a patch for EPOE and Industrialization to work together?

eatKenny

Quote from: LustrousWolf on October 25, 2015, 10:50:42 AM
I assume EPOE and this mod do not work together because they both change the electric smelter? Is there a patch for EPOE and Industrialization to work together?

no this mod dosent change any vanilla items so it should work with other mods

starburst98

the 'change' is basically 'smelter can also do X'. you can have that listed basically infinite times and they wont conflict.

TheGentlmen

Hey Kenny,
Do you still have the version released on 1/30/15, or any version where NPPs became debris? Or at least code that does a similar thing?

Ty in advance,
--Gentz

Bradley_

Would be really nice and interesting, if instead of just "powerplants" you could actually build powerplants. You know, you choose a reactor (fission, fusion, antimatter, darkmatter, whatevermatter and it's size), you also put pipes to exchange heat, choose generator, build your own cooling and airlocks for maintanance access... Well, it would be enough for a separate mod already...

TheGentlmen

Quote from: Bradley_ on November 08, 2015, 03:20:59 PM
Would be really nice and interesting, if instead of just "powerplants" you could actually build powerplants. You know, you choose a reactor (fission, fusion, antimatter, darkmatter, whatevermatter and it's size), you also put pipes to exchange heat, choose generator, build your own cooling and airlocks for maintanance access... Well, it would be enough for a separate mod already...

The NPP's in TGP can be built indoors, release heat, and will have a melt down if it gets too hot for em'... Datz the closest I got.

eatKenny

Quote from: Bradley_ on November 08, 2015, 03:20:59 PM

yes it will be too much for my taste, it's not a power plant simulator(might actully an interesting simulator game ::))

eatKenny

Quote from: TheGentlmen (GENTZ /'jen(t)z/) on November 02, 2015, 12:33:36 AM
Hey Kenny,
Do you still have the version released on 1/30/15, or any version where NPPs became debris? Or at least code that does a similar thing?

Ty in advance,
--Gentz

this is the A11 version with code:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8323msva637z97e/Industrialisation_A11.zip?dl=0

the code is orginally from an old mod "atomic power" with my modification.

star775

For some reason whenever I try to build a Nuclear plant or the Driller I cant get the colonists to take the concrete to the build sites to start building it. Says I dont have the enough resources to do it but the HG Steel is maxed leaving just the Concrete. I have about 3000 concrete as well so its not like there is a lack of it in my Colony.

Andy_Dandy

I enjoy this mod for the most part, but one comment. Could we tone down the amount of copper and aluminium on the map? Seems abit abundant to me.

eatKenny

Quote from: Andy_Dandy on January 04, 2016, 07:36:29 AM
I enjoy this mod for the most part, but one comment. Could we tone down the amount of copper and aluminium on the map? Seems abit abundant to me.
will balance them in next update.

Andy_Dandy

Quote from: eatKenny on January 04, 2016, 08:27:03 AM
Quote from: Andy_Dandy on January 04, 2016, 07:36:29 AM
will balance them in next update.

Excellent news, Kenny. :)

Demonlord091

I seem to have encountered an unusual bug with this mod.  I've never had any problems before now, so I'd bet on it being a conflict.
I just can't seem to think of what it could be.

Any ideas?  I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the second image. I've only seen that sort of horror once before, but the same solution doesn't work this time.

[attachment deleted due to age]