[A15] Industrialisation (04-09-2016)

Started by eatKenny, January 02, 2015, 05:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverskin

This is a great mod. Lots of really useful and essential things. I love building walls out of concrete. Makes it all feel neater and cleaner than using stone blocks.
The deep mine is a godsend. On a standard flat map, there is simply not enough resources to build what you need to build. There really is a limit to how many potatoes you can reasonably trade for steel.

Only problem I have is with the skydriller. One some games I have to use development mode to force dozens and dozens of orbital traders in the hopes of finding one. They don't come up often enough. I can wind up spending a whole year with my colonists sitting on their asses, unable to build or produce with no resources, just waiting for a trader to have a lucky skydriller so I we can progress forwards.

MarineStardust

eatKenny

Quote from: silverskin on May 04, 2016, 09:21:59 PM
This is a great mod. Lots of really useful and essential things. I love building walls out of concrete. Makes it all feel neater and cleaner than using stone blocks.
The deep mine is a godsend. On a standard flat map, there is simply not enough resources to build what you need to build. There really is a limit to how many potatoes you can reasonably trade for steel.

Only problem I have is with the skydriller. One some games I have to use development mode to force dozens and dozens of orbital traders in the hopes of finding one. They don't come up often enough. I can wind up spending a whole year with my colonists sitting on their asses, unable to build or produce with no resources, just waiting for a trader to have a lucky skydriller so I we can progress forwards.

ok i will take a look at skydriller, i havent play through a A13 game, but i do hear that obital trader coming not so often like before.

eatKenny

Stealth

eatKenny

Quote from: Stealth on May 06, 2016, 01:37:04 PM
How do you use the sky driller device?

equip it, and shoot it like a BB gun at the location where you want to drill.
do not try to drill under "overhead mountain", the skydriller can't drill through mountain.

Stealth

I know the drill is sold by a trade ship but it's been a long time and no trader has had one yet. Is there a way to "hack" one into the game or force every trader to have a drill or something?

kuchiki19

great mod kenny, thanks for making it. it really need effort to make one deep miner but its really help till late game.

i have one report that probably caused by this mod, i used many mods and this is my first game using your mods.
so the story goes like this. first i got toxic fallout and then i switch off the deep mines i have outdoor to prevent my colonist from getting toxic buildup obviously. then i realized that all of my colonist with haul jobs will only standing, they do still do other higher priority but when they did all their higher priority jobs, they back to standing instead of hauling.
i open the log and saw this error i attach here.
then i forbid the coolants so they wouldnt focus with refueling the deep mine because its turned off and it worked.

im not entirely sure if this is caused by your mod since i use lot of mods.  i post here just to let you know. :)
sorry for my english and once again thanks for the great mod.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Nanao-kun

Quote from: Stealth on May 08, 2016, 10:34:15 AM
I know the drill is sold by a trade ship but it's been a long time and no trader has had one yet. Is there a way to "hack" one into the game or force every trader to have a drill or something?

You can spawn one with the dev option in the game. Should be in the spawn weapons section.

xiiaotan

i've create a mining hole in an undisre spot how can i remove it? Thanks

eatKenny

Quote from: xiiaotan on May 18, 2016, 11:55:44 PM
i've create a mining hole in an undisre spot how can i remove it? Thanks

you can't remove the mining hole, it's like geyser, can't be destoryed.

xiiaotan

the geyser can be remove by using a new structure called the laser filler. I hope that ic anr emove that hole =( not planning to start a new game