[1.3] Crash Landing (v14.01) (04-08-2021)

Started by Katavrik, January 04, 2015, 12:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

notfood

Crashed reactor isn't giving radation sickness.

Or more like, it isn't visible. They just drop dead suddenly with Radiation(deadly) from being fine a tick ago.

Upon further inspection, the radious of deadlyness is just tiny around the reactor but it insta kills anyone that goes into it. Makes it really easy to destroy them with the starting rifle.

Katavrik

Quote from: notfood on July 24, 2016, 12:53:31 AM
Crashed reactor isn't giving radation sickness.

Or more like, it isn't visible. They just drop dead suddenly with Radiation(deadly) from being fine a tick ago.

Upon further inspection, the radious of deadlyness is just tiny around the reactor but it insta kills anyone that goes into it. Makes it really easy to destroy them with the starting rifle.
Tested it now. I cant reproduce a bug you describe. Radiation damage is shown normally at any range.
But it seems some times it do double severity.

Any mod except crashlanding?

Additional testing does not reveal any problems. I need more info about your issue.

notfood

Weird. My mod list:

<li>Core</li>
    <li>Community Core Library</li>
    <li>Community Core Library - Vanilla Tweaks</li>
    <li>CrashLanding</li>
    <li>EdBPrepareCarefully</li>

Scenario: Crash Landing Hard
Prepared Carefully from 3 to 2 colonists.

Detail, possibly bug. Downed colonist permanently burning, even without clothes. Nobody can put the fire off. Even with the extinguisher bomb it won't be put off.

Waited for Ship Reactor to come down... This time the deadly radius is bigger. Any colonist that gets in the radious is instakilled.

Here is the reactor and the circle. You can tell where the instakilling radious start by the bodies.

A little closer for comparison for the next image.

They stand there and no harm happens to them. I restricted their home area to that area inside the reactor but outside the instakilling area. They were there unharmed. Nothing happened for a long time.

notfood

Just tested with Crash Landing alone. No bug.

So, it's a conflict with CCL or Prepare Carefully.

Katavrik

Quote from: notfood on July 24, 2016, 02:37:26 AM
Just tested with Crash Landing alone. No bug.

So, it's a conflict with CCL or Prepare Carefully.
It is prepare carefully. CrashLanding Hard Scenario does not work with EdB Prepare carefully. I need to write more about it in description.
When both enabled, they cause very strange bugs. It seems that there are two copy of starting colonists on the map. And one copy is invisible, but can be affected by fire and radiation, and translate this effect on another copy.
In short: Hard scenario just dont work with EdB Prepare Carefully.

kaptain_kavern

w00t nice to see this one maling it to A14.

Thanks

notfood

Ah, I see. I'll avoid playing on hard crash then.

popster99

I'm a person again yeah! also loved this mod back when it was first released good to see it again in a14

HankKits

How do I uninstall this mod, if I disable it (I was working with a scenario where crashing space ships would be unsuitable) but if I do I get an error when I try to start I new game.

I've deleted everything in the Rimworld folder but still I can't start a new game with this disabled, removed and even unsubscribed.

The mods pretty good but being unable to disable it or remove it is a major pain.

TeflonJim

If you have any scenarios saved that use the mod (in any context) you will need to delete those first.

The location is dependent on your operating system. For Windows 10 it's:

%UserProfile%\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\Scenarios

Chris

Katavrik

Minor update V 7.01. Just some fixes:
- Fixed wrong pawns faction after loading the saved game.
- Fix prisoners recruit chance value.
- Some typo fixes.
- Savegame compatibility with previous version (7.00).

ruzackovich

is v 701 compatible with EdB Prepare Carefully.??

Katavrik

Quote from: ruzackovich on August 08, 2016, 11:51:48 AM
is v 701 compatible with EdB Prepare Carefully.??

Nothing changes. Easy scenario is compatible, hard is not.

Nanao-kun

Is it possible to have the unknown ship crashing event without having to go through your own crash at the very start? Or does it already do that on non-crash landing scenarios?