[1.3] Crash Landing (v14.01) (04-08-2021)

Started by Katavrik, January 04, 2015, 12:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vlad_1492

Jumping up and down 

Jumping up and down

Jumping up and down

So excited.

Uh-oh, that is odd.  On my first play through the scenario was brutal and tragic as expected, but in the next three trials only the initial cryosleep container lands... then nothing else.  Of course one of those was extra FUN. One colonist was DOA, the other two incapacitated.  So I can do exactly nothing but watch the flames get closer... my kind of game right there.

Katavrik

Quote from: vlad_1492 on December 29, 2016, 08:16:31 PM
Uh-oh, that is odd.  On my first play through the scenario was brutal and tragic as expected, but in the next three trials only the initial cryosleep container lands... then nothing else.  Of course one of those was extra FUN. One colonist was DOA, the other two incapacitated.  So I can do exactly nothing but watch the flames get closer... my kind of game right there.

There is a strange bug with the Crashlanding event did not started, when you begin new game second time in one session. Just restart the game. I did not manage to find a reason yet.

AUSGrizzly

Quote from: Katavrik on December 29, 2016, 10:42:51 PM
There is a strange bug with the Crashlanding event did not started, when you begin new game second time in one session. Just restart the game. I did not manage to find a reason yet.

This is bug isn't making me angry. Cause its not working for me at all. Had one time when the stuff actually happened and the initial pods crashed into mountains, no survivors and then no other cyropods crashed leaving me with nothing...

Fafn1r

Try putting Crash Landing at the bottom of your load order. It worked for me.

notfood

This has been happening to me sometimes:

Exception ticking CrashLanding_MTcounter47678: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.GenStuff.RandomStuffFor (Verse.ThingDef td) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CrashLanding.IncidentWorker_FurnitureCargoContainerCrash.TryExecute (RimWorld.IncidentParms parms) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CrashLanding.Ticker_MTcounter.DoSpawn (Int32 tickAmt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CrashLanding.Ticker_MTcounter.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

It's just random.

Katavrik

Quote from: notfood on January 06, 2017, 04:11:35 PM
This has been happening to me sometimes:
Exception ticking CrashLanding_MTcounter47678: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.GenStuff.RandomStuffFor (Verse.ThingDef td) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CrashLanding.IncidentWorker_FurnitureCargoContainerCrash.TryExecute (RimWorld.IncidentParms parms) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CrashLanding.Ticker_MTcounter.DoSpawn (Int32 tickAmt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CrashLanding.Ticker_MTcounter.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

It's just random.

Probably connected with mods incompatibility. When crashlanding trying to make a furniture or its stuff from something, that should not be used in that way. As a cheap solution, you can put furniture container probability to 0 in template files (...\RimWorld\Mods\CrashLanding\Defs\CrashTemplateDefs\).
If you give me a full list of mods, you are playing with, i will try to find the problem and fix it in the next update.

notfood

I'm playing with HardcoreSK.

If it happens, I just edit the save and remove the event and crash continues.

perhaps add a null check before GenStuff.RandomStuffFor  ?

notfood

I notice that all Crash Landing buildings can be dissasembled under 1 tick. It trivialises a lot of explosive or radiactive buildings by just getting near and instantly dissasembling it.

Seems you are using WorkToMake instead of WorkToBuild in the building defs. Changing it fixes it..

<WorkToMake>2000</WorkToMake>

should be

<WorkToBuild>2000</WorkToBuild>

Katavrik

Small Fix, savegame compatible:
- Add a null check in furniture container code.
- Weapon container can spawn stacks of items (like ammo from Combat Realism).
- Fixed the crashed ship parts deconstruction time.

Thanks to everyone, and especially to notfood, for reports.

notfood

BlackGyver

So, I have a bit of an issue with the random crashes events throughout the game; they'll often crash in solid rock, and nothing appears as a result. Is that intended?

Katavrik

Quote from: BlackGyver on January 16, 2017, 04:07:17 AM
So, I have a bit of an issue with the random crashes events throughout the game; they'll often crash in solid rock, and nothing appears as a result. Is that intended?
Not intended, but accepted.

BlackGyver

Would you look into changing that behavior? On one hand, from a "realistic" standpoint, you can't expect random ship crashes to always land in an open area, but on the other hand, and from the same "realistic" standpoint, you would be able to climb rock to salvage what's left of it. In the end, it doesn't make much sense for these events to appear at all if they're going to be simply nullified!

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: BlackGyver on January 17, 2017, 11:11:06 AM
Would you look into changing that behavior? On one hand, from a "realistic" standpoint, you can't expect random ship crashes to always land in an open area, but on the other hand, and from the same "realistic" standpoint, you would be able to climb rock to salvage what's left of it. In the end, it doesn't make much sense for these events to appear at all if they're going to be simply nullified!

Could always consider it a bit of a balance to choosing the somewhat (subjectively) easier mountainous biomes.

Katavrik

Quote from: BlackGyver on January 17, 2017, 11:11:06 AM
It is a matter of time and work. Additional research, code and testing. The current behavior is there, because its very simple to make.