[MOD] (Alpha 8) EdB Scenarios (v1.1.2 - Released 25 Jan 2015)

Started by EdB, January 04, 2015, 06:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItchyFlea

If I remove GenStep_Wreckage and replace the GenStep_GenerateColonistGear and GenStep_GenerateColonistBionics with GenStep_GenerateColonistDropPods, when the map generates the game starts throwing NullRefExceptions.

Am I missing something?

From the output_log:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at RimWorld.StoryWatcher_Wealth.ForceRecount () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.StoryWatcher_Wealth.RecountIfNeeded () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.StoryWatcher_Wealth.get_WealthTotal () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.HistoryAutoRecorderWorker_WealthTotal.PullRecord () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.HistoryAutoRecorder.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.HistoryAutoRecorderGroup.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.History.HistoryTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

EdB

Quote from: ItchyFlea on January 18, 2015, 09:18:55 PM
If I remove GenStep_Wreckage and replace the GenStep_GenerateColonistGear and GenStep_GenerateColonistBionics with GenStep_GenerateColonistDropPods, when the map generates the game starts throwing NullRefExceptions.

Am I missing something?

I think the error that you're seeing is this: there is a limitation in the game that I have not been able to workaround.  If there are zero resources on the map (I don't mean resources in a stockpile--I mean just resources on the map in general), you can get this error.  At minimum, you need to place a single resource somewhere on the map--or scatter some resources around like in the vanilla game.

Here's what the vanilla map generator step that scatters resources randomly around the map would look like in the scenario definition:

<li Class="Genstep_ScatterThingGroups">
<thingDefs>
<li>Steel</li>
</thingDefs>
<minSpacing>15</minSpacing>
<countPer10kCellsRange><min>1.4</min><max>1.4</max></countPer10kCellsRange>
<spotMustBeStandable>true</spotMustBeStandable>
<groupSizeRange><min>3</min><max>6</max></groupSizeRange>
<stackCountRange><min>40</min><max>60</max></stackCountRange>
</li>

This one will scatter groups steel stacks randomly around with the map with 3-6 stacks per group and 40-60 per stack.  The countPer10kCellsRange determines how many groups will be spawned on the map.

I just realized that I forgot to include this resource scattering in the Standard Start example scenario that I included.  That's a pretty big omission--I'll need to go back and fix that.

But yeah, you need to have at least one resource on the map, or the game will throw that exception--it's something that fails when the game is trying to count how many resources the colony has.

Katavrik

Updated my Crash Landing to be compatible with your Sceanrios 1.1.1. Scenario translation works fine. You've done a great job.

EdB

Quote from: EdB on January 18, 2015, 10:03:42 PM
I just realized that I forgot to include this resource scattering in the Standard Start example scenario that I included.  That's a pretty big omission--I'll need to go back and fix that.

Uploaded a fixed version of the scenario examples that includes the missing resource scattering in the Standard Start example.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Config error in EdbScenariosWatcherManager: EdbScenariosWatcherManager has no label

Um whats this mean?
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

StorymasterQ

Quote from: GiantCookieEater on January 20, 2015, 02:02:22 AM
Config error in EdbScenariosWatcherManager: EdbScenariosWatcherManager has no label

Um whats this mean?

Probably similar to this issue from the first page?
Quote from: EdB on January 04, 2015, 06:33:43 PM
Known Issues

• You will see a warning in log when starting the game with the mod enabled: "Config error in EdBWreckageController: EdBWreckageController has no label."  This is intentional--I needed to workaround another issue, and leaving that label blank was the best way that I could find to do it.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: StorymasterQ on January 20, 2015, 03:30:40 AM

Um whats this mean?

Known Issues

• You will see a warning in log when starting the game with the mod enabled: "Config error in EdBWreckageController: EdBWreckageController has no label."  This is intentional--I needed to workaround another issue, and leaving that label blank was the best way that I could find to do it.
its completely different thats why i asked
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

ItchyFlea

The Exiled Scenario has been updated to work with the new version of EdB Scenarios. I have also improved it by removing *all* starting resources from the world.
A single piece of silver spawns in the world to avoid a base-game issue.

Download: Exiled for EdB Scenarios 1.1.1
How To Use: Activate this like a normal mod. It will then appear in the scenario menu.

[attachment deleted due to age]
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

ItchyFlea

EdB: Is it possible to alter where colonist drop pods land in a scenario when a custom map is loaded? Right now the colonists are landing in the wrong spot on the map.

If it isn't possible, can I request a new feature?

EdB

Quote from: ItchyFlea on January 20, 2015, 09:23:09 PM
EdB: Is it possible to alter where colonist drop pods land in a scenario when a custom map is loaded? Right now the colonists are landing in the wrong spot on the map.

If it isn't possible, can I request a new feature?

I should have thought to add that feature, but I did not.  Give me a couple of days, and I will add it.

EdB

Quote from: GiantCookieEater on January 20, 2015, 01:05:06 PM

Um whats this mean?

Known Issues

I renamed it, and forgot to update the post, but it's the same thing.  If you're curious, this is an invisible building that I add to the map to track things like custom victory condition progress.  I haven't found a way to make a building 100% invisible, but leaving that label blank gets me 98% there.  I'd rather not have the warning, but that's why it's there.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: EdB on January 21, 2015, 10:22:29 PM
Quote from: GiantCookieEater on January 20, 2015, 01:05:06 PM

Um whats this mean?

Known Issues

I renamed it, and forgot to update the post, but it's the same thing.  If you're curious, this is an invisible building that I add to the map to track things like custom victory condition progress.  I haven't found a way to make a building 100% invisible, but leaving that label blank gets me 98% there.  I'd rather not have the warning, but that's why it's there.
Okay thanks EdB thats why i was asking because it never happened till i added that exiled scenario. Also that scenario lags so often it make is so hard to play even with out other mods in the way, idk if you can look through it to see what it is or what. thanks again 

ItchyFlea

Is it possible to get a scenario that loads a custom map to use the <startMessage> tag?
I've got one there, and in what I'm fairly confident is the right location, yet the scenario refuses to display it.

Could it be because I don't have any colonists arriving via droppods, and instead am expecting the player to use the existing colonists on the map?

EDIT: Got it to work by changing the <type> to New and adding this line <li Class="EdB.Scenarios.GenStep_GeneratePlayerStartSpot" />

Unfortunately this changed the camera position to the center of the map, something I don't want to have happen.

EdB

Quote from: ItchyFlea on January 22, 2015, 04:51:55 PM
Is it possible to get a scenario that loads a custom map to use the <startMessage> tag?
I've got one there, and in what I'm fairly confident is the right location, yet the scenario refuses to display it.

Custom start messages are broken for custom maps.  I am working on a fix now.

You can change the camera location at any time during map generation:

<li Class="EdB.Scenarios.GenStep_Camera">
    <location>
        <position>(100, 0, 50)</position>
    </location>
</li>

Also, I'm adding the ability to set an explicit starting position.  I'm just about done with that.

Thanks for the feedback--it's really valuable.  Are there anything else missing that I should try to include before I do the release with these fixes?

Kolljak

EdB your good at C++ got any links to a Learning C++ page :D or wana help me with one of my projects :D trying to get ahold of a few people to help me make a "Total Conversion" type mod that makes the game hardcore difficult to battle the war on boredum.