[MOD] (Alpha 8) EdB Scenarios (v1.1.2 - Released 25 Jan 2015)

Started by EdB, January 04, 2015, 06:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shinzy

Quote from: StorymasterQ on January 05, 2015, 07:49:03 PM
Quote from: Shinzy on January 05, 2015, 06:17:49 AM
Quote from: EdB on January 04, 2015, 09:32:17 PM
Quote from: ItchyFlea on January 04, 2015, 09:21:35 PM
Does this allow for win conditions? Will win conditions be a definable thing in the future?

I have not explicitly added a win condition mechanism, but I have been thinking about how that would work.  It will be important to have that in there.   With some coding, you could add a custom win condition now, but it would be nice to have something a little more explicit.  I'd definitely be interested to hear how people would like to use something like that.
Anyhow, some good win conditions (specifically rimworld in mind) could be to build/dismantle a certain building / stock up enough of certain types of item on your stockpile or just make sure there isn't any hostile pawns on your map
or all three =P

A Rimworld win condition would be: "Generate an awesome story". *drops mike*

...Sorry, Mike.

You heard the man Edbard! get on it! need to calculate some kind of formula to measure ingame awesomness

sheogorath01

If its not to difficult could you make it so that a random starting location can be chosen with the other two scenarios? you could always just play "Where are we" with one colonists (Only problem with this is the points would be super inflated with this in comparison to "Solo Survivor"), but for "Amongst the Wreckage" and other possible future scenarios it would be a useful feature.

RemingtonRyder

I think Sole Survivor is my new favourite thing. Thanks for this! :)

TheSilencedScream

I hate to jump on the "Could you" train, but if you get the opportunity, could you allow the scenarios and Prepare Carefully to work together? I think I could replicate Sole Survivor with PC, but I couldn't do so with Amongst the Wreckage.

Otherwise, I can't customize the characters that I begin with.
Even if you can't make it work, thank you again - these scenarios really are game changers. :)
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

sheogorath01

Quote from: TheSilencedScream on January 09, 2015, 02:07:09 PM
I hate to jump on the "Could you" train, but if you get the opportunity, could you allow the scenarios and Prepare Carefully to work together? I think I could replicate Sole Survivor with PC, but I couldn't do so with Amongst the Wreckage.

Even if you can't make it work, thank you again - these scenarios really are game changers. :)
You already can. You just need newest (1.6.1) of Prepare Carefully. However in the Amongst the Wreckage you get the ones you choice (1-6 usually) and 5-7 downed on average that you cant.

dareddevil7

I have an idea for a scenario, Warzone, You crash on a planet with two huge factions constantly fighting eachother, and things are escalating, can you escape before things go nuclear? random events would be like the two factions show up on the map at the same time, but in different places, another would be like stray artillery or other things impacting the map, maybe even hitting a colonist, and random supply drops that missed their target

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: dareddevil7 on January 09, 2015, 04:32:25 PM
I have an idea for a scenario, Warzone, You crash on a planet with two huge factions constantly fighting eachother, and things are escalating, can you escape before things go nuclear? random events would be like the two factions show up on the map at the same time, but in different places, another would be like stray artillery or other things impacting the map, maybe even hitting a colonist, and random supply drops that missed their target
Id have to say when they show up, They would have to be passing by because if they visit you then fits gonna hit the shan man. but i like the idea
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

TheSilencedScream

Quote from: sheogorath01 on January 09, 2015, 03:08:53 PM
Quote from: TheSilencedScream on January 09, 2015, 02:07:09 PM

You already can. You just need newest (1.6.1) of Prepare Carefully. However in the Amongst the Wreckage you get the ones you choice (1-6 usually) and 5-7 downed on average that you cant.
Thanks. Thought I had the newest version, but apparently I downloaded Prepare Carefully less than an hour before it was updated. /doh

I know Tynan's delaying on a Steam release, but if this game has Steam Workshop, that'd make life much easier. I have too many mods. xD
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

Igabod

Quote from: TheSilencedScream on January 10, 2015, 10:01:18 AM
Thanks. Thought I had the newest version, but apparently I downloaded Prepare Carefully less than an hour before it was updated. /doh

I know Tynan's delaying on a Steam release, but if this game has Steam Workshop, that'd make life much easier. I have too many mods. xD

There is a mod installer and auto-update tool being worked on right now. Check it out HERE.

Kolljak

I was wondering could you make a scenario where its lone survivor combined with Random location. i kinda want both.

Ramsis

Welp it's time to reopen the old Reddit thread with all the scenarios people thought up...
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Igabod

Quote from: Kolljak on January 12, 2015, 10:10:48 AM
I was wondering could you make a scenario where its lone survivor combined with Random location. i kinda want both.

I like this idea too. It could be called the exile scenario. Exiled to a distant planet for your crimes against humanity, you must now strive to survive in an unfamiliar place.

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Igabod on January 12, 2015, 11:05:32 AM
I like this idea too. It could be called the exile scenario. Exiled to a distant planet for your crimes against humanity, you must now strive to survive in an unfamiliar place.

Here you go: Lone Survivor Combined with Random Location
I used the description Igabod gave for the scenario name and description. Just activate this as a mod in-game and the scenario will show up in the list.

[attachment deleted due to age]
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Igabod

Quote from: ItchyFlea on January 12, 2015, 03:25:21 PM
Quote from: Igabod on January 12, 2015, 11:05:32 AM

Here you go: Lone Survivor Combined with Random Location
I used the description Igabod gave for the scenario name and description. Just activate this as a mod in-game and the scenario will show up in the list.

Itchy, you are the man. Gonna have to try this out tonight. I may not get as much work done on my next update for the plants mod as I was planning on doing now.

StorymasterQ

Am I seeing this right? EdB makes a mod and then people make mods of his mod? Well, content for his mod.

Is Rimworld already entering a modception stage? It's not even out of Alpha yet :D
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here